Hi guys, we are students from the University of Santo Tomas in the Philippines.

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

jajajejejuju123
Conchigliette Convert

Hi guys, we are students from the University of Santo Tomas in the Philippines.

Postby jajajejejuju123 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:03 am

Please do not be alarmed because we come from a Catholic university. We are merely conducting a study on the Church of The Flying Spaghetti Monster for our final requirement in our Sociology and Anthropology course, thus we have no intentions of scorning and misrepresenting Pastafarians. We would like to ask you guys to introduce yourself (optional) and answer these questions we believe would be of utmost help in our study on the Church of The Flying Spaghetti Monster: Why did you decide to follow Pastafarianism? What Pastafarian beliefs do you uphold if any? Are you a member of another religious group? There is no need for formality in your replies, thus you may even use Pirate Speak if you wish to.

Many thanks! ~Jus

ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Re: Hi guys, we are students from the University of Santo Tomas in the Philippines.

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:14 pm

jajajejejuju123 wrote:introduce yourself (optional)

Hi. I'm ET.

jajajejejuju123 wrote:Why did you decide to follow Pastafarianism?

In support of the initial premise put forth by Bobby Hebderson, to wit, that it is every bit as valid to include the FSM version of intelligent design in a science classroom as it is to include that of any other religion. Turtles all the way down.

jajajejejuju123 wrote:What Pastafarian beliefs do you uphold if any?

The Eight I'd Really Rather You Didn'ts.

jajajejejuju123 wrote:Are you a member of another religious group?

Nope.

jajajejejuju123 wrote: There is no need for formality in your replies, thus you may even use Pirate Speak if you wish to.

Yarrgh.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

What happens when all the renewable energy runs out?
-- Victoria Ayling

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."

Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.
Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Re: Hi guys, we are students from the University of Santo Tomas in the Philippines.

Postby Roy Hunter » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:03 pm

I'll never tell! You'll never get my name out of me. Never, I tell you!

A fundamentalist managed to get a job as a teacher in my son's school, and started telling the kids that they did not *have* to believe what was being taught in the science classroom, that other interpretations were available, other versions like Intelligent Design...

We disagreed. The teacher was sacked, and a couple of jobs later (after behaving the same way in other schools) was de-registered and can no longer practise. My son graduated with a Masters in Chemistry earlier this month.

Drinking on a Friday.

I'm a Dudeist.

jajajejejuju123 wrote: There is no need for formality in your replies, thus you may even use Pirate Speak if you wish to.

Wid ye ken fit a'hm cryin if ah yased the Doric? Ah, ye cutty loons dinnae ken yir thrapple fae yer bahookie!
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical and cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." Bill Hicks.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." Abraham Lincoln
"Are you OK?" daftbeaker (<-- very good question, people should ask it more often.)

DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby DavidH » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:31 am

My name is Old Git elsewhere; I also sometimes sign myself Captain Spork, Pope Alfred or Griblet.

I joined up because its such a superb and imaginative attack on religious thinking in general as well as a clever spoof on the Kansas State Board of Education's decision to permit the teaching of intelligent design as an alternative to evolution in public school science classes.

Beliefs? No, thank you. And no other religion except reverence of the Invisible Pink Unicorn (bless Her Holy Hooves).

DaveL
Site Admin

Postby DaveL » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:08 pm

Name DaveL

Why did you decide to follow Pastafarianism?

Why not? Science in the classroom was being dumbed down to accommodate religious beliefs. The Law of Dumbass states 'Science for the classroom and church for Sundays, but never the twain shall meet.' The internet was the perfect place to counter Intelligent Design, plus Bobby's letter was the perfect call to arms for others to start a movement. Oh, I was also confronted by a fundamentalist at work, and found comic relief here.

What Pastafarian beliefs do you uphold if any?
Beer
Wenches
Writing Loose Canon scriptures and pirate lad magazines
Pirate Speak yes and still desperately trying to learn land lubber

Are you a member of another religious group?
Nope (although Church of the Latter Day Dude could win me over, particularly if Roy convinces me to go bowling with him)
Manatee Singles
http://www.hotdugong.com

Is it June 2017 yet?

Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:43 pm

jajajejejuju123 wrote:Please do not be alarmed because we come from a Catholic university. We are merely conducting a study on the Church of The Flying Spaghetti Monster for our final requirement in our Sociology and Anthropology course, thus we have no intentions of scorning and misrepresenting Pastafarians. We would like to ask you guys to introduce yourself (optional) and answer these questions we believe would be of utmost help in our study on the Church of The Flying Spaghetti Monster: Why did you decide to follow Pastafarianism? What Pastafarian beliefs do you uphold if any? Are you a member of another religious group? There is no need for formality in your replies, thus you may even use Pirate Speak if you wish to.

Many thanks! ~Jus

rrrrrr
i b tha dreedid nefyoo blakbeerd
rrr noaw i gunna wun ya froo rrrrr
um
haz ye enny choklit ?
cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.

ItchyPirate
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby ItchyPirate » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:19 pm

Captain Itchy Pirate (yeah, I know, my profile doesn't say "captain", it was a recent self-promotion)

At first, I thought Pastafarianism was a complete joke dreamed up as a way of combatting Intelligent Design in public schools. I had a few odd experiences over the past few years that have convinced me that, far from being a joke, there may be some truth to Pastafarianism. Maybe I just imagined what I experienced, maybe I didn't, though I am convinced well enough to accept Pastafarianism as my religion.

A belief in a strange and seemingly lazy deity that presents himself to us in the form resembling one of my two favorite foods (why couldn't he have been the Flying Pizza Monster?!)

Lazy Fridays

Tolerance for others

The eternal offer of the FSM for even the worst of the sinners to earn their way to a better afterlife if they are truly remorseful for their sins

No, though I do believe Pastafarianism to be compatible with most other religions -- it's just a matter of how literal you want to be in the beliefs you accept from Pastafarianism and the beliefs you accept from the other religion.
Captain Itchy Pirate :fsm_yarr:

He who laughs, lasts. :lol:

"You can't argue with all the fools in the world. It is better to let them have their way, then trick them when they're not looking."
--Brom, character in Eragon by Christopher Paolini

StayThirstyMyAguila
Definitely not Eric

Postby StayThirstyMyAguila » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:45 am

I realize this is probably closed but meh.

I am an amazingly interesting aguila, from America, thank you.

Why did you decide to follow Pastafarianism?[/quote]
Pastafarianism seems the most logical and moral of the choices of religions.

We don't have set beliefs- we have flimsy moral standards.

No.

Return to “All Things FSM”