Why I am Here

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

3 Putt Nightmare
Conchigliette Convert

Why I am Here

Postby 3 Putt Nightmare » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:36 pm

Not a question but a statement.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I wish to describe my journey to the Church of the FSM.

I work for a large uniformed Gov't agency. Last week I was informed that a fellow agency worker was caught violating the prescribed uniform policy. (non-approved earring) When that person was informed that the earring was not within agency policy she immediately invoked her right to wear due to her religion. Wiccan. I had not heard of this, Googled, and found it to be a pagan/witchcraft hybrid. I'm sure there is more to it but that was enough.

I'm thinking where does it stop? If she files a religious accommodation, will it be heard? Will it be approved? Again where does it stop?

In discussion with a peer he mentioned he had seen a newspaper article about a spaghetti religion. Again Googled, found FSM and began to read.

I was blown away with the FSM's application of COMMON SENSE ! The sense of humor and real world practicality in which issues are highlighted and discussed are right along with my view of the caos. I read some more and saw the type of persons whom prescribed to the FSM. I came away with the overwhelming feeling that Pastafarians were educated, charitable, professional, insightful, fun and deep down a little pissed off at a few things. Once more I am intrigued. I dig deeper. Wow, it's really deep and I am no where near educated enough in the FSM to enter a discussion yet. I am looking forward to learning because each time I read something new it speaks to me or at least makes me think.

I have informed my employer of my membership in the Church of the FSM, provided documentation for my official file. I have also notified them that if the Wiccan thing is given any accommodation, I will be reporting to work with a colander perched proudly on my noggin' and let the battle begin.

The Kid

Cardinal Fang
Humble Hermit

Re: Why I am Here

Postby Cardinal Fang » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:29 am

I like your attitude.

We look forward to developments.

And don't worry about thinking you don't know enough about Pastafarianism. Do what the rest of us do and wing it

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:16 pm

Hello, The Kid (for the sake of brevity, I may take to calling you "The"). I too am a government worker, though since I'm no longer out in the field, I'm no longer uniformed (uninformed, perhaps, but that's a different matter). I think you should be able to get your headgear approved for at least some occasions, but you'll have your work cut out for you to get them to allow it like some kind of tin-foil burkha.

Which gives me a fantastic idea for an internet meme.

Google can't find one.

'Scuse me, I have to call my patent attorney.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

What happens when all the renewable energy runs out?
-- Victoria Ayling

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."

Milo the dog
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Milo the dog » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:55 pm

*Licks hand*
*wagwagwag*
-fart-
*Curls up*
*Goes to sleep*
Arf!

Purple Lil
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Purple Lil » Sun May 20, 2018 5:00 pm

Hi!!

Welcome to Pastafarianism! :welcome:

Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard » Fri May 25, 2018 8:02 pm

Wye iz ye heer ?

rrrr

Hokay din !

Um um um
um
yeer mummy smild at yeer daddy an
an nyn muntz laydeer ye be heer
rrrr

:welcome:
cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.

Return to “All Things FSM”