discriminated :*(

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

bendyl7
Ziti Zealot

discriminated :*(

Postby bendyl7 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:47 pm

First off, hello, new-ish to forums, was on a while ago with other account, but i spent so much time plunderin' the seas and forgot the old name (and forgot to log in). but now im on as new :)

anway, in a class of mine at school, my teacher told me that i couldnt use the fsm as my (hero in a hero essay) though friend could use god. reason being she didnt think fsm was real. when she looked at the site, it got worse.
reported it to principal that the hate end.
how long will it take for us to be more accepted, its sad :(

anyway, reply with your stories or feelings on the hate
thx for reading :) :fsm:
may you be touched
-ben

bendyl7
Ziti Zealot

Re: discriminated :*(

Postby bendyl7 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:12 pm

Well after talking to my principal, he argues that my religion was fake, me and the other people were there (other people being my schools pastafarians). He thinks we are taking a joke too far, and will not let me use my art of the fsm for my passing grade in art. we had to do a presentation of our "hero" in a drawing. like i said, a friend asked if he could draw god, the art teacher said yes, and when i asked fsm, she said "no its not real".

it seems every one is against us in some places. i am thinking of peacefully protesting on tuesday (06/17/08) if they will not recognize us as a real religion and give us our rights.

please respond with thoughts and ideas. im going to make posters :fsm_ninja:
may you be touched
-ben

bendyl7
Ziti Zealot

Postby bendyl7 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:41 pm

by the way, any buckaneer in the area know where to leatherbound a book (sort of off subject)? i think me gospel could be an hierloom one day. so just asking. (for websites anyway)
may you be touched
-ben

Josh M
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Josh M » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:24 pm

Well let me be the first to say that this sort of thing is crap! We have a freakin book don't we? We even have evidence of the noodely ones existence! Your principal and fellow teachers are blind idiots who don't understand how the universe is actually being managed by his sauciness.
I'm not sure if this would help the situation but what grade do you currently attend?
Our Pasta, who "Arghh" in heaven, Swallowed be thy shame. Thy Midgit come. Thy Sauce be yum, On top some grated Parmesan. Give us this day our garlic bread. And give us our cutlasses, As we swashbuckle, splice the main-brace and cuss. And lead us into temptation, But deliver us some Pizza. For thine are Meatballs, and the beer, and the strippers, for ever and ever. RAmen.

Robbobrob
Stele Second Mate

Postby Robbobrob » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:15 am

People who see it only as a joke are ones who need to be taught that it is a protest against bad science in classrooms. The real hero would be Bobby for making such a stand with humor and composure, and not letting people get away with bullying the system into allowing garbage pass for legitimate science.

If all your teacher and principal saw was the silliness, and not the underlying message, I feel sorry for them. We are fighting the fight FOR them to have the freedom to teach facts and not be forced to teach unsubstantiated ideas.

In the end, though we have a good time here, the point to to keep science scientific, and not let 4000 year old myth-based science re-upsurp current fact-based science.
Mad Rob Rackham, Pirate for Humanity.

"God made the Idiot for practice, and then He made the School Board."

- Mark Twain.

Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Zankou 2.0 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:23 am

bendyl7 wrote:First off, hello, new-ish to forums, was on a while ago with other account, but i spent so much time plunderin' the seas and forgot the old name (and forgot to log in). but now im on as new :)

anway, in a class of mine at school, my teacher told me that i couldnt use the fsm as my (hero in a hero essay) though friend could use god. reason being she didnt think fsm was real. when she looked at the site, it got worse.

I used Bobby as a hero once. Try doing that.
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

KC Observer
Mod

Postby KC Observer » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:15 pm

Mad Rob makes a valid point. If you've come to embrace FSM, and truly understand the whole point behind FSM, you understand that this whole deal was the outcome of protesting public schools, specifically Kansas public schools at the time, teaching "intelligent design" as a legitimate alternative "theory" in science classes. The public outcry and response to the Kansas school boards decision to mandate that ID be taught in Kansas classrooms resulted in those board members being voted out in the next school board election and ID being removed from the science class in Kansas.

Having said that, my opinion is that FSM is no less legitimate than any other religion in the world. FSM is no less or more real than the bible's "god", The torah's "god", the qu'ran's "god", Hinduism's "gods", etc., etc., etc.
The Pope

Josh M
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Josh M » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:22 pm

Zankou 2.0 wrote:
bendyl7 wrote:First off, hello, new-ish to forums, was on a while ago with other account, but i spent so much time plunderin' the seas and forgot the old name (and forgot to log in). but now im on as new :)

I used Bobby as a hero once. Try doing that.

I once quoted him on his chicken-ball (http://www.chicken-ball.com). It worked perfectly with the thesis too.
Our Pasta, who "Arghh" in heaven, Swallowed be thy shame. Thy Midgit come. Thy Sauce be yum, On top some grated Parmesan. Give us this day our garlic bread. And give us our cutlasses, As we swashbuckle, splice the main-brace and cuss. And lead us into temptation, But deliver us some Pizza. For thine are Meatballs, and the beer, and the strippers, for ever and ever. RAmen.

BossOfTheGame
Ziti Zealot

Postby BossOfTheGame » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:51 pm

Even if the principle believes that FSM is a joke (i don't know why cause its totally real), it doesn't matter. This is because he is being totally subjective just because he believes that there is a God. FSM is a completely valid hero. He debunks those false religions. He represents what you believe. He motivates you to take a stand for that belief (based on evidence, not blind faith. I hate using the word believe). I'm angry now.

SUM ARBITER BIBINTI

Hqrsie wrote:It would be nice to discover intelligent life.

Even better if it were discovered on Earth.

aaRghNAbled
Stele Second Mate

Postby aaRghNAbled » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:31 pm

bendyl7 wrote: a friend asked if he could draw god, the art teacher said yes, and when i asked fsm, she said "no its not real".

They want their god in science class, but our god is not allowed in art class. We need guidance from our prophet.
:worship: :fsm:
.....the best lack all conviction, the worst are filled with passionate intensity....~ Yeats

stott_s
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby stott_s » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:04 am

There is simply too much backward thinking in the minds of your teachers.

ART, by its very definition, is not required to be based in anything considered "reality". That's why it's called art, it is subjective.

Example: Start do not swirl around in the night sky, yet Vincent Van Gogh's "Starry Starry Night" is considered classic art.

Until JRR Tolkien, there were also no such things as Hobbits, or Ringwraiths, or Orcs, but Lord of the Rings is a really fantastic piece of literature, so much to the point that they made 3 movies out of it. Middle Earth didn't exist either until then. That did not stop him from writing it and making it so. Frodo was a hero, as was Samwise, but they were hobbits.

Picasso was also considered a fantatic artist, but his work needs a huge imagination to be able to enjoy it, and Dadaism is also considered art, and Salvidore Dali painted melting clocks. This is also art.

As I said, Art does not have to be real, it simply has to be creative. Take that idea to your teacher, principle, and to the school board if you have to.
I excersize regularly, by wading (through red tape), jumping (to conclusions), leaping (through hoops) and running (out of time).

Josh M
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Josh M » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:32 pm

Some teachers are just too stupid to be teaching.

MonkeysInACan
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby MonkeysInACan » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:43 pm

I agree with Zankou 2.0. If you have to use Bobby Henderson as your hero. Doing that could possibly let your teachers see why they are foolish for not letting you use the FSM. You could explain why there is no reason one god is more valid than another.
"Evolution is the central theme of biological science. The mechanism of evolution is natural selection."-- NJ science Standard Ch 7

Knekkebrod
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Knekkebrod » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:14 am

How dare they tell you who your hero is (or in this case, is NOT) allowed to be?
It's not their hero, it's your hero! YOURS!!

Also - are they judging the art and/or story on technique or ... subject matter?
(the latter of course being none of their business for the previous ranty sentences at the top there!)
Hey - they were the ones that asked for you to base it on your hero.

You have my empathy.

Sounds to me that they have issues with you having a hero that represents your sense of humour.
And that possibly they associate humour with "lack of effort".
For which they should be spanked.
Especially if you are putting in the effort.

RAmen!

Clifford
Humble Hermit

Postby Clifford » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:20 am

I am now officially at a state of war with that principle. Now tell me where he lives so that I can launch my ex-Soviet ICBM at him.
Clifford

By the power invested in me by tabloid-reading imbeciles, I name you a pedo-dog!

The Pedo-Finder General

RAmen

Return to “All Things FSM”