The hell is all this then?

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Of course
Conchigliette Convert

The hell is all this then?

Postby Of course » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:55 pm

Is this really what Matt Parker and Trey Stone had in mind?

One thing I find interesting however, is the fact that the hate mail is put up so the whole little community here can take shots at it through comments.

So let me get this straight anyway...the entire purpose of this is to emphasize the little factoid that the existence of a god is non-falsifiable, somehow rendering it impossible?

WelshRarePasta
Fusilli Fuselier

Re: The hell is all this then?

Postby WelshRarePasta » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:53 pm

Of course wrote:So let me get this straight anyway...the entire purpose of this is to emphasize the little factoid that the existence of a god is non-falsifiable, somehow rendering it impossible?

Originally, the purpose was to highlight that it would be illogical to teach ID in Kansas public school science classes if they weren't also willing to teach other creationist 'theories.' A self-consistent theory was put forth that the Flying Spaghetti Monster created the universe, the stupid parts of said universe being evidence that he was sometimes drunk.

The KSSB eventually dropped the effort to include Intelligent Design in science classrooms. The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster has taken on a life of it's own outside the ID debate, and these forums are merely a place for people with both senses of humor and an interest in either Pirates or Science to enjoy the thoughts and comments of the rest.

We discuss all sorts of things, including the existence or nonexistence of God. But mostly it's just a fucking joke man.
"Only a man would think of that."
"It's our job... If you don't think of fifty-foot-high killer golems first, someone else will." Moist von Lipwig

"Are you saying," Brine interrupted, "that the human race was created to irritate Satan?"
"That is correct. Jehovah is infinite in his snottiness."
Brine reflected on this for a moment and regretted that he had not become a criminal at an early age. --Practical Demonkeeping

fueledbycoffee
Stripmeister

Postby fueledbycoffee » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:08 pm

Of course wrote:Is this really what Matt Parker and Trey Stone had in mind?

One thing I find interesting however, is the fact that the hate mail is put up so the whole little community here can take shots at it through comments.

So let me get this straight anyway...the entire purpose of this is to emphasize the little factoid that the existence of a god is non-falsifiable, somehow rendering it impossible?

Yes, this is absolutely what Matt Parker and Trey Stone had in mind! Who are they again?

And no, the whole purpose was to show that teaching ID in science class is retarded.
Vote Pieces for Pope! She didn't buy me off with the funny hat, I swear!... She made me a cardinal.

HeathenPastafarian
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby HeathenPastafarian » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:00 pm

WelshRarePasta wrote:
Of course wrote:So let me get this straight anyway...the entire purpose of this is to emphasize the little factoid that the existence of a god is non-falsifiable, somehow rendering it impossible?

Originally, the purpose was to highlight that it would be illogical to teach ID in Kansas public school science classes if they weren't also willing to teach other creationist 'theories.' A self-consistent theory was put forth that the Flying Spaghetti Monster created the universe, the stupid parts of said universe being evidence that he was sometimes drunk.

The KSSB eventually dropped the effort to include Intelligent Design in science classrooms. The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster has taken on a life of it's own outside the ID debate, and these forums are merely a place for people with both senses of humor and an interest in either Pirates or Science to enjoy the thoughts and comments of the rest.

We discuss all sorts of things, including the existence or nonexistence of God. But mostly it's just a fucking joke man.

QFT, WelshRarePasta. Extra sauce on your noodles next Friday!
-Stop using Jesus as an excuse for being a narrow minded bigot.
-Music was her life, the lyrics were her story.
-Be careful what you say, it may remind me of a song that needs to be sung.
-GOT JESUS? I thought you had him....shit!
-Why do people with closed minds always open their mouths?
-My pit bull is my co-pilot.
-To err is human; to ARRGGHHH is pirate!
-Why do we kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong?
-Well behaved women rarely make history.
-Laughter: When a smile has an orgasm
-I'm not so good at the advice; can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?

blaze8902
Bucatini Buccanneer
Location: The relative position of one part in relationship to the entire model.

Postby blaze8902 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:49 pm

extra suace? sweeeet.

and I am pretty into pastafarianism myself, in my opinion, it beats the shit out of that christian nonsense.
"Life is too short for mayflies."
-------------
"before critizing someone, walk a mile in thier shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away and have thier shoes."
-------------
"Quick! Everyone kill yourselves! It's hopeless without Blaze!" - During N+
-------------
"I live in a town of about 1600, and everyone is armed." User location: Apache.
-------------
"Children in the back seat cause accidents. Accidents in the back seat cause children."
-------------
RAmen.

lordpunkmonk
Mystic of Meatball

Postby lordpunkmonk » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:43 pm

man I really wish when people woulde come in here and ask questions like this they would actually read the comments then come back with a reply (wether or not they agree with it, it is still common courtesy)
--LPM lord of the apocalypse
"The man with a clear conscience probably has a poor memory." --Lawrence J. Peter
111111111 x 111111111 = 12345678987654321

blaze8902
Bucatini Buccanneer
Location: The relative position of one part in relationship to the entire model.

Postby blaze8902 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:46 pm

So I wouldn't seem as retarded, I actually read about 60 pages of specific areas in the forums, so I actually know a lot of people, whether or not they know me.
-------------
"before critizing someone, walk a mile in thier shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away and have thier shoes."
-------------
-------------
-------------
"Children in the back seat cause accidents. Accidents in the back seat cause children."
-------------
RAmen.

Mad Willyum Bonney
Admiral of Incomprehensibility

Postby Mad Willyum Bonney » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:43 pm

blaze8902 wrote:So I wouldn't seem as retarded, I actually read about 60 pages of specific areas in the forums, so I actually know a lot of people, whether or not they know me.

An' yer prit qwik off thee gangplank 2 .

Soze c'mon thin , letz 'ava boo thee list .!
Remembering St. John
Remembering Auntie DeeDee
Remembering Black Bart
Remembering Pieces o' Nine
Remembering Rainswept

blaze8902
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby blaze8902 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:46 pm

...should I...feel insulted by that?
-------------
-------------
-------------
-------------
-------------
RAmen.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Qwertyuiopasd » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:51 pm

No, but he might attack you....
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.

blaze8902
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby blaze8902 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:53 pm

Pardon me?!
-------------
-------------
-------------
-------------
-------------
RAmen.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Qwertyuiopasd » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:57 pm

Mad Willyum Bonney wrote:An' yer prit qwik off thee gangplank 2 .

Soze c'mon thin , letz 'ava boo thee list .!

Translates roughly to:

and your pretty quick off the gangplank, as well.

so come on, then. Let's have a ...boo... the list!

Not sure what he means by have a boo. might be have a bout, or have about... not sure.

sounded like a challange from the "So come on, then." part.

~Qwerty
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.

blaze8902
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby blaze8902 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:00 pm

I am not too familiar with the meaning of those words either... I know what a gangplank is, but... quick to walk off one, that is a bad thing, and could easily be taken an insult couldn't it?
-------------
-------------
-------------
-------------
-------------
RAmen.

Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Zankou 2.0 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:04 pm

blaze8902 wrote:I am not too familiar with the meaning of those words either... I know what a gangplank is, but... quick to walk off one, that is a bad thing, and could easily be taken an insult couldn't it?

Why are you worried that everyone is insulting you?
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

blaze8902
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby blaze8902 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:14 pm

Past expieriance, I just got here, and it's not that I feel I am bein insulted, it's that I may have my defenses a bit high, just by instinct. You guys, however are majorally different then...everyone else I meet online, and I rather like it.
The difference being, you guys understand.
-------------
-------------
-------------
-------------
-------------
RAmen.

Return to “All Things FSM”