Pastafarianist in Trouble!

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Kadlekinss
Conchigliette Convert

Pastafarianist in Trouble!

Postby Kadlekinss » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:51 pm

I recently discovered the greatness of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and when I informed my devout Christian girlfriend of my new found faith in His Noodleness, she really didn't like it. I'm afraid our relationship may come to a halt because of this. I'd hate to choose my God over her, but the Flying Spaghetti Monster has been so good to me, I'd be wrong to turn my back on Him. What should I do?
As far as I can tell from studying the scriptures, all you do in heaven is pretty much just sit around all day and praise the Lord. I don’t know about you, but I think that after the first, oh, I don’t know, 50,000,000 years of that I’d start to get a little bored. - Rick Reynolds

fairyphil
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Re: Pastafarianist in Trouble!

Postby fairyphil » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:03 pm

Oh boy! You're in for a hard time, me says!

Maybe you should try to explain to her what FSM is all about? Like, not teaching ID and such in school? If she doesn't get it, use the FSM teachings as arguments against her Beliefs.

If all else fails, maybe you should choose a new companion in life. I personnaly wouldn't sacrifice my freedom of thought and speech just to get some...

RAmen

Mahatma Andy

Postby Mahatma Andy » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:04 pm

Depends. How old is she? Is she a brainwashed-by-her-parents christian or a i-have-to-believe-in-something-because-i-can't-face-the-truth christian? Either way, if you think she's a good person, give her the benefit of the doubt. But don't change your own beliefs to suit her. It's a toughie isn't it :?
'Do not walk in front of me for I shall not follow. Do not walk behind me for I shall not lead. Do not walk beside me, just sod off and leave me alone will you?'Kung Fu Monk

fueledbycoffee
Stripmeister

Postby fueledbycoffee » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:15 pm

fairyphil wrote:Maybe you should try to explain to her what FSM is all about? Like, not teaching ID and such in school? If she doesn't get it, use the FSM teachings as arguments against her Beliefs.

The problem is like the argument I have with my Mother:

"FSM is just about keeping ID out of Science class."
"What wrong with having ID in Science class?"
"It's not Science."
"Yes, it is.
"Not it's not."
"Yuhuh!"
"Nu-uh! Provide a single argument for ID that's has some scientific validity."
"The Bible."
"Oh, for fuck's sake..."
Vote Pieces for Pope! She didn't buy me off with the funny hat, I swear!... She made me a cardinal.

fairyphil

Postby fairyphil » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:26 pm

fueledbycoffee wrote:
fairyphil wrote:Maybe you should try to explain to her what FSM is all about? Like, not teaching ID and such in school? If she doesn't get it, use the FSM teachings as arguments against her Beliefs.

The problem is like the argument I have with my Mother:

"FSM is just about keeping ID out of Science class."
"What wrong with having ID in Science class?"
"It's not Science."
"Yes, it is.
"Not it's not."
"Yuhuh!"
"Nu-uh! Provide a single argument for ID that's has some scientific validity."
"The Bible."
"Oh, for fuck's sake..."

Oh man, I feel for you, I really do. Let Him add extra parmigiano to your noodly deliciousness!

Edd
Stripmeister

Postby Edd » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:37 pm

Kadlekinss,

Does she not know you well enough to guess you might be sympathetic to the FSM cause? Is what you uncovered a fundamentally different worldview? Is this someone you might want to spend the rest of your life with? These are all questions you need to ask yourself about this relationship.
"Oook." - The Librarian

Visit the new and improved Agnoistrology.com!

Elvalia
Rugger Baby Bunny Bumpers

Postby Elvalia » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:42 pm

Kadlekinss wrote:I recently discovered the greatness of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and when I informed my devout Christian girlfriend of my new found faith in His Noodleness, she really didn't like it. I'm afraid our relationship may come to a halt because of this. I'd hate to choose my God over her, but the Flying Spaghetti Monster has been so good to me, I'd be wrong to turn my back on Him. What should I do?

Would she choose you over her God? Would she hate choosing her God over you?
TwistedSister wrote:El is everyone's buddy. :lurk:
Ubi Dubius wrote:Evilvalia! :shocked:

DaveL
Site Admin

Postby DaveL » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:42 am

Wow,

If she drops you over that, I'd be heading for http://www.pastafariansingles.com quick smart! Ok it's bogus, but hey, if other beliefs can have dating sites to commit mortal sin, then why the heck can't we?

Share His noodly deliciousness with someone that appreciates yer matey.
Loosely Canonising and keeping it free for all Pastafarians
http://www.loose-canon.info/

black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby black bart » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:52 am

Jus read me signature maaan...grab some ganja and everythin will turn out fine!

Until ye gets arrested o course. :?
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.

Robbobrob
Stele Second Mate

Postby Robbobrob » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:55 pm

black bart wrote:Jus read me signature maaan...grab some ganja and everythin will turn out fine!

Until ye gets arrested o course. :?

In Massachusetts we just voted to decriminalize small amounts of the ganja....no arrest, no criminal record. Pay the fine and move on (civil case, not criminal).
Mad Rob Rackham, Pirate for Humanity.

"God made the Idiot for practice, and then He made the School Board."

- Mark Twain.

Coffinsnake
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Coffinsnake » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:10 pm

You'll be having to dump her soon anyways matey. For soon ye'll be reading the Canon and indoctrinating yerself into the ways of a true pirate, and then ye'll be needing a sturdy vessel fer bringing the noodley word to non-heathens and ye cannot be having femmes aboard yer boat fer they bring the pasta-thieving demons down upon ye! BE WARNED!!!!

Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:52 pm

Coffinsnake wrote:You'll be having to dump her soon anyways matey. For soon ye'll be reading the Canon and indoctrinating yerself into the ways of a true pirate, and then ye'll be needing a sturdy vessel fer bringing the noodley word to non-heathens and ye cannot be having femmes aboard yer boat fer they bring the pasta-thieving demons down upon ye! BE WARNED!!!!

He just made that up. The canon says no such thing as women bringing down demons. We have many female pirates. If you want to stay with her, that's your decision and the FSM doesn't care.
[email protected]#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. [email protected]#@#@#@#@!!!
-------------------------------
The Almighty Website of Stuff, home of my poetry and other artwork and other stuff!

Kadlekinss
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Kadlekinss » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:49 am

Here's the update:

We talked about it, and she decided it's not a big deal for me to believe in His Holiness, the FSM. Which is lucky for her, because I would have picked the FSM and an atheist girlfriend over her, if she had a problem. I showed her the website and taught her what we're about, and she thought it was amusing. Like how I find Christianity amusing, I suppose.

Thanks for your support! All Hail the Flying Spaghetti Monster!

RAmen.
As far as I can tell from studying the scriptures, all you do in heaven is pretty much just sit around all day and praise the Lord. I don’t know about you, but I think that after the first, oh, I don’t know, 50,000,000 years of that I’d start to get a little bored. - Rick Reynolds

seabee
Ziti Zealot

Postby seabee » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:24 pm

Kadlekinss wrote:Here's the update:

We talked about it, and she decided it's not a big deal for me to believe in His Holiness, the FSM. Which is lucky for her, because I would have picked the FSM and an atheist girlfriend over her, if she had a problem. I showed her the website and taught her what we're about, and she thought it was amusing. Like how I find Christianity amusing, I suppose.

RAmen.

I find this highly irregular and suspect.

During the past months, I have boggled at a split political household, and have wondered how a staunch democrat could possibly live with a devout republican; allegiance to one party implies disagreement with the other party on such a fundamental level that I cannot imagine electing to spend the rest of my days with somebody of the opposite team.

This isn't Romeo and Juliet, you know. Your opposing teams ... you aren't born into them. You have a choice. And your choice is about what you consider important and dear.

Anyway. Religion is similar.

I am a devout atheist. I could not, would not, entertain a serious relationship with somebody diluted with religious fancies and godly trappings.

These are the things, the sayings and morals and teachings, on which your girlfriend bases her life and her personality and her character. And you find it amusing?

Break up.

Now.

It's the most honest and respectful thing you can do.
Yippee! Yahooey! Yahweh!

thelastpirate
Vermicelli Vizier
Location: I hope in no place so unsanctified where such as thou mayst find me.

Postby thelastpirate » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:41 pm

seabee wrote:
Kadlekinss wrote:Here's the update:

RAmen.

I find this highly irregular and suspect.

During the past months, I have boggled at a split political household, and have wondered how a staunch democrat could possibly live with a devout republican; allegiance to one party implies disagreement with the other party on such a fundamental level that I cannot imagine electing to spend the rest of my days with somebody of the opposite team.

This isn't Romeo and Juliet, you know. Your opposing teams ... you aren't born into them. You have a choice. And your choice is about what you consider important and dear.

Anyway. Religion is similar.

I am a devout atheist. I could not, would not, entertain a serious relationship with somebody diluted with religious fancies and godly trappings.

These are the things, the sayings and morals and teachings, on which your girlfriend bases her life and her personality and her character. And you find it amusing?

Break up.

Now.

It's the most honest and respectful thing you can do.

Maybe you should be just a bit less judgemental, biased, militant and disrespectful.

Im sure the relationship can work.

Return to “All Things FSM”