Attention All Gamers.

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

black bart
Resident Weevil

Re: Attention All Gamers.

Postby black bart » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:10 am

Nef Yoo BlackBeard wrote:hokay I challinj ya ta tiddlywinks rrrr
or mayb marbils rrr

I don't see how yer gonna do that Nef Yoo...we aint got as much as a single marbil between us!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.

DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby DavidH » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:18 am

You could cut a couple of very small ones off of Neff Yoo. :haha:

black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby black bart » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:28 am

I notice there's been no sign of Nef Yoo since you suggested that.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.

pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Postby pieces o'nine » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:12 pm

Well done, DavidH! :lol:
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens

Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Shaman of Ramen

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:27 pm

DavidH wrote:You could cut a couple of very small ones off of Neff Yoo. :haha:

i herd dat , (wince) , annit NOT funney . :lurk:
cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.

MourningStar
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby MourningStar » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:46 am

Anyone still into gaming and or games? Noticed the thread ran a little dry... I love playing MMORPGs and games such as World of Tanks and World of Warships etc. Too many to list... hit me up if you ever want to chat or talk about new and upcoming games. I'll just be lurkin' around.
:lurk:

Also, anyone have Fallout 4? I'm interested in the PC platform version... but wanted to wait until the first big patch to come out to fix all the release glitches that games appear to be shipping with these days. Is it worth it or was did the hype train derail? Cheers :drinking:
The circumstances of the world are continually changing, and the opinions of men change also; and as government is for the living, and not for the dead, it is the living only that has any right in it. That which may be thought right and found convenient in one age, may be thought wrong and found inconvenient in another. In such cases, who is to decide, the living, or the dead? -Thomas Paine

Roving Punster
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Roving Punster » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:37 am

I assume the purpose of this thread is for on-line coop, since RPGs are always best played old school (in person with paper and dice).

My PSN acct: ISI-Society {http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/ISI-Society#trophies&rarity=127&type=15&platform=7&earned=1&page=1}
My Steam UID: isi_society
And no, before anyone asks, isi-society has nothing to do with ISIS ... it's simply an alphabetic version of 151 society.

As a rule, for online games I've always preferred single player mode for 2 reasons: (1) The vast majority of people suck, and (b) the few who don't suck have a disproportionally high tendancy to be total jerkwads (unlike me). However, what's life without surprises, so I'd be happy to finally find a group that not only doesn't suck, but are nice to each other ... if that's a possibility, add me to the list.
ΦΒΚ - Φιλοσοφία Βίου Κυβερνήτης ("Love of learning is the guide of life")

MourningStar
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby MourningStar » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:48 am

Hahaha, I 150% agree. I use to be all about team games, like CS or WoW and would spend 9+ hours a day and would even come home on lunch breaks to play... but as I age... I am with you Roving Punisher. I am drifting towards single player. However I still love jumping on TS or Vent and hanging out, drinking and just shootin' the proverbial shit with fellow gamers and friends.

also, I tried isi_society in steam, but couldn't find you mate.
The circumstances of the world are continually changing, and the opinions of men change also; and as government is for the living, and not for the dead, it is the living only that has any right in it. That which may be thought right and found convenient in one age, may be thought wrong and found inconvenient in another. In such cases, who is to decide, the living, or the dead? -Thomas Paine

Roving Punster
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Roving Punster » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:30 am

MourningStar wrote:I tried isi_society in steam, but couldn't find you mate.

I just checked, and the reason is because I'd never bothered completing the online profile for my UID, after installing steam. Never really had a reason to.

EDIT: ok, done.

daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby daftbeaker » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:23 pm

MourningStar wrote:Also, anyone have Fallout 4? I'm interested in the PC platform version... but wanted to wait until the first big patch to come out to fix all the release glitches that games appear to be shipping with these days. Is it worth it or was did the hype train derail? Cheers :drinking:

I got it and played it a lot for a few days, unfortunately having a job again has severely cut into my lazing about time :idiot:

It's good fun, it feels more like Fallout 3 than New Vegas. Lots of changes and it definitely feels like a lazy PC version of a console controller game but I haven't found any obvious glitches, bugs or game-breaking cockups yet.
Too old to give up but too young to rest - Pete Townshend

I would rather be a rising ape than a falling angel - Sir Terry Pratchett

MourningStar
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby MourningStar » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:39 am

Sweet, thanks for the info. Might have to get a PC controller finally then... been putting it off for so long. But more and more games seem to be ported to controllers. :fsm_rock:

Roving Punster
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Roving Punster » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:35 am

daftbeaker wrote:
MourningStar wrote:Also, anyone have Fallout 4? I'm interested in the PC platform version... but wanted to wait until the first big patch to come out to fix all the release glitches that games appear to be shipping with these days. Is it worth it or was did the hype train derail? Cheers :drinking:

I got it and played it a lot for a few days, unfortunately having a job again has severely cut into my lazing about time :idiot:

It's good fun, it feels more like Fallout 3 than New Vegas. Lots of changes and it definitely feels like a lazy PC version of a console controller game but I haven't found any obvious glitches, bugs or game-breaking cockups yet.

I really dislike bethesda ... their games are always so horrifically buggy, and your decisions almost never matter. At the absolute minimum, wait until after the holidays, for the price to drop by half and the worst of the bugs to be fixed before buying it.

Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:19 pm

Ha ha, bugs. SquareEnix is remaking FF7 (finally), but the original release featured a bug: If you try to enter Midgar on the third disc, the screen will go black, you'll see a red X in the corner, and the game will buzz at you. You need to restart the system to get out of it, and hopefully you had saved recently. This was a frustrating bug, because SPOILER. If you want to play the original game, you need to get the Greatest Hits version with the green stripe on the side, because they fixed that bug for the Greatest Hits version. In that case you'd have had to wait a couple years, not just until after the holidays, I'm pretty sure.
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
-------------------------------
The Almighty Website of Stuff, home of my poetry and other artwork and other stuff!

MourningStar
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby MourningStar » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:26 pm

My favorite glitches are the ones the programmers put in to foil illegal copies. Like slowly turning you into a bird in Arma II. lol.
:haha:

Roving Punster
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Roving Punster » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:29 pm

At the moment, I'm playing Escape Plan on PS4, which is light hearted fun.

I'm just using it to kill time until I pick my next big ticket game to get into.

Return to “All Things FSM”