Last rites?

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

ItchyPirate
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Last rites?

Postby ItchyPirate » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:23 pm

I recently took a look at the picture of the wallet card on the ordinations page. I know we're not big on formalized ritual around these parts, but I thought I'd solicit some ideas "just in case" I am called on when I finally get around to become a minister.

And on that note, in the exceedingly unlikely event I find myself faced with the prospect of "receiving" the rites, I may find myself in the precarious situation of convincing the hospital then contacting a Pastafarian minister to do it (they aren't quite rare where I live, but they aren't common either). Any thoughts on this as well?
The Itchy Pirate :fsm_yarr:

He who laughs, lasts. :lol:

"You can't argue with all the fools in the world. It is better to let them have their way, then trick them when they're not looking."
--Brom, character in Eragon by Christopher Paolini

StayThirstyMyAguila
Definitely not Eric

Re: Last rites?

Postby StayThirstyMyAguila » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:01 pm

You might want to consult my forum topic, "Proper Rituals As Observed By His Noodliness", in the Board Index > All Things FSM > All Things FSM section.
I DO plan on posting more there, and eventually something on last rites.
HOWEVER, I do believe some section (I can't seem to recall which) of the Loose Canon states that you may follow whatever burial rituals you see fit.

I personally want a tree to be planted on my burial spot instead of a tombstone, and then when the tree is big enough, for my tombstone information to be inscribed in its bark.

But in Klingon or something like that, so no one can read it.

ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:45 pm

Everyone's always talking about last rites. What about last wrongs? Or last lefts? Or last wrights, for that matter?
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

What happens when all the renewable energy runs out?
-- Victoria Ayling

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."

StayThirstyMyAguila
Definitely not Eric

Postby StayThirstyMyAguila » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:39 am

And FIRST Rites? Middle Rites?

Someone once said, and I forget who, forgive me (I may have to paraphrase a bit):
    "On your gravestone, all people see are your birth date, a dash, and your death date. All I'm worried about is that dash in the middle."
        - Anonymous

Why aren't there any Middle Rites? Again, review my posts for further information on this.

*Any and all injury to self or others, death to self or other, damage to self or property, or sadness caused to self or others as a result of following my advice is strictly NOT MY ******* FAULT (school wi-fi again).

Return to “All Things FSM”