Quick Question Area

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

StayThirstyMyAguila
Definitely not Eric

Quick Question Area

Postby StayThirstyMyAguila » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:10 pm

This is just a quick place to ask quick questions that aren't important enough to send to a mod/admin, but you're just curious about.
For example:
The bottom of the board wrote:BIRTHDAYS
Congratulations to: StayThirstyMyAguila, Woodrowsing (41), ljdwefdsyrooth (41), StevenBift (40), vvnwcxslow (39), ojkhhhopzk (39), peterercuni (39), peterertjgb (39), ojkhhhojbj (39), nyhtggdvkt (39), ojkhhhokqg (39), ojkhhhouom (39), nyhtggdnxq (39), ojkhhhocyt (39), bridgetqt11 (39), pacdffgsvdrhkq (38), rqqfghgvqx (37), ue0oyfoh (37), ojkhhhocou (36), nyhtggdwai (36), UnsaxyDirk (36), pacdffgsvdrtad (36), cadmcrmrphc (36), Olqmezys (35), fredof11 (35), goldieqy18 (35), rowenafg11 (35), violethe3 (35), floydsa4 (35), kristyrq69 (35), diannenk11 (35), samuelkp4 (35), Mchcldrhe (34), Hemplas (33), rwinkrulem (33), WHktSYkokf (31), MattReDy (31), MonaHardiman (31), CharlesFags (30), Herbertrat (29), gennaddifes (29)

How are NONE of these marked as spam accounts? Most of them are just random jumbles of letters!

Cardinal Fang
Lord of Linguini

Re: Quick Question Area

Postby Cardinal Fang » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:19 am

Until people actually post spam, or breach one of the other forum rules, then technically they haven't done anything wrong.

Or are you suggesting the Mods and Admins just randomly start banning people just because they can?

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:22 am

StayThirstyMyAguila wrote:This is just a quick place to ask quick questions that aren't important enough to send to a mod/admin, but you're just curious about.
For example:
The bottom of the board wrote:BIRTHDAYS
Congratulations to: StayThirstyMyAguila, Woodrowsing (41), ljdwefdsyrooth (41), StevenBift (40), vvnwcxslow (39), ojkhhhopzk (39), peterercuni (39), peterertjgb (39), ojkhhhojbj (39), nyhtggdvkt (39), ojkhhhokqg (39), ojkhhhouom (39), nyhtggdnxq (39), ojkhhhocyt (39), bridgetqt11 (39), pacdffgsvdrhkq (38), rqqfghgvqx (37), ue0oyfoh (37), ojkhhhocou (36), nyhtggdwai (36), UnsaxyDirk (36), pacdffgsvdrtad (36), cadmcrmrphc (36), Olqmezys (35), fredof11 (35), goldieqy18 (35), rowenafg11 (35), violethe3 (35), floydsa4 (35), kristyrq69 (35), diannenk11 (35), samuelkp4 (35), Mchcldrhe (34), Hemplas (33), rwinkrulem (33), WHktSYkokf (31), MattReDy (31), MonaHardiman (31), CharlesFags (30), Herbertrat (29), gennaddifes (29)

How are NONE of these marked as spam accounts? Most of them are just random jumbles of letters!

You never know, they might be very common words in Old Upper Middle High Martian, or some other relatively obscure language.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

What happens when all the renewable energy runs out?
-- Victoria Ayling

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."

StayThirstyMyAguila
Definitely not Eric

Postby StayThirstyMyAguila » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:26 pm

Cardinal Fang wrote:Until people actually post spam, or breach one of the other forum rules, then technically they haven't done anything wrong.

Or are you suggesting the Mods and Admins just randomly start banning people just because they can?

CF

No, I said spam accounts, i.e. someone just wanted to make 5 million accounts for no good reason.

StayThirstyMyAguila
Definitely not Eric

Postby StayThirstyMyAguila » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:29 pm

ET, the Extra Terrestrial wrote:You never know, they might be very common words in Old Upper Middle High Martian, or some other relatively obscure language.

The language of Marvin perhaps? We'd best be careful if it is, last time someone spoke in that, a spaceship ended itself.
Who KNOWS what would happen to us?

StayThirstyMyAguila
Definitely not Eric

Postby StayThirstyMyAguila » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:54 pm

I know that ADOS stands for Almighty Doer of Stuff. Does it also stand for A Denial of Service, or was that unintentional?
For those who aren't aware, an ADOS is just like a DDOS, but when it's just one computer.

By the by, happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day yesterday! I couldn't make it on yesterday, but here I am now, so there.
I did not, before anyone asks, have a dream last night.

Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:31 am

StayThirstyMyAguila wrote:I know that ADOS stands for Almighty Doer of Stuff. Does it also stand for A Denial of Service, or was that unintentional?
For those who aren't aware, an ADOS is just like a DDOS, but when it's just one computer.

By the by, happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day yesterday! I couldn't make it on yesterday, but here I am now, so there.
I did not, before anyone asks, have a dream last night.

hi buttlicking22nancypeepee wussel errwik witfaild juicegiverrrrrrr :fsm_rock: :fsm_rock: :fsm_rock:
cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.

Return to “All Things FSM”