HAPPY FRIDAY!!

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Purple Lil
Fusilli Fuselier

Re: HAPPY FRIDAY!!

Postby Purple Lil » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:08 am

ET,

Wow! That's a lot of kitty love!

Does the dog ever feel left out with that many cats in the house?

Roy,

Ignore the pesky lawyers letters, I'd say!

My sister had a drumkit. Inspired by Karen Carpenter., but she didn't keep it up.

My first mate has considered a bass in the past. He has his eye on a new 6 string in the future.

When you say "double bass" you mean the classical instruments? As opposed to double necked basses, I mean.

Cardinal Fang? Yay! I shall seek him out!

StayThirstyMyAguila
Definitely not Eric

Postby StayThirstyMyAguila » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:08 am

I have chosen a holy day to return to these forums, I see- a Friday! :fsm_yarr:

Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.
Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Roy Hunter » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:49 pm

Purple Lil wrote:When you say "double bass" you mean the classical instruments? As opposed to double necked basses, I mean.
Oh yes. I have two double basses, one is a lovely (but fragile) Czech solid wood, Italian-pattern bass - Italian pattern being big ass and no shoulders to speak of. The other is a Slovakian plywood student-grade bass (the 'stunt bass') in an English pattern (more shoulders, less ass) that, despite being half the price of the solid bass, is nearly as good as the other one.

I am heading out tomorrow with both of them for a recording session. I am recording with a guy I have known for years, but we're only just getting round to doing our thing on tape / disk / whatever. We are recording in a place I'm not even allowed to mention the name of. If you're a Grunge fan, and you know what other band Kurt Cobain wanted to be in if he hadn't been part of Nirvana, you will have clues enough...
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical and cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." Bill Hicks.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." Abraham Lincoln
"Are you OK?" daftbeaker (<-- very good question, people should ask it more often.)

ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:00 pm

Roy Hunter wrote:
Purple Lil wrote:When you say "double bass" you mean the classical instruments? As opposed to double necked basses, I mean.
Oh yes. I have two double basses, one is a lovely (but fragile) Czech solid wood, Italian-pattern bass - Italian pattern being big ass and no shoulders to speak of. The other is a Slovakian plywood student-grade bass (the 'stunt bass') in an English pattern (more shoulders, less ass) that, despite being half the price of the solid bass, is nearly as good as the other one.

And here all along I've thought you were talking about fish.
:pirate_fish:
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

What happens when all the renewable energy runs out?
-- Victoria Ayling

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."

StayThirstyMyAguila
Definitely not Eric

Postby StayThirstyMyAguila » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:36 am

ET, the Extra Terrestrial wrote:
Roy Hunter wrote:

And here all along I've thought you were talking about fish.
:pirate_fish:

We are, fIsh are instruments.

Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:44 pm

Awass canin feefer :moon: rrr :lurk:

warrrr rrrrr ya bin ? :idiot: :moon: :haha: :fsm_rock: :haha: :cry: :moon: :welcome:
cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.

StayThirstyMyAguila
Definitely not Eric

Postby StayThirstyMyAguila » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:56 am

Hiding from you, Nef Yoo. The comment spam is not appreciated.

Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:01 pm

um um um

ye sayd yood bwokt me postz
rrrrr
ye beddarrrr jump inna hoshun coz yer pantyloonz onna fywer :welcome:
rrr
cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.

Purple Lil
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Purple Lil » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:24 pm

Roy Hunter wrote:

I am heading out tomorrow with both of them for a recording session. I am recording with a guy I have known for years, but we're only just getting round to doing our thing on tape / disk / whatever. We are recording in a place I'm not even allowed to mention the name of. If you're a Grunge fan, and you know what other band Kurt Cobain wanted to be in if he hadn't been part of Nirvana, you will have clues enough...

Alas, I am not a grunge fan, but I might see what Ye Olde Google can tell me.

Good luck with your recording endeavours!!!

:drinking:

Roy Hunter

Postby Roy Hunter » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:37 pm

Turns out that I am allowed to mention it.

Duglas T. Stewart from BMX Bandits was producing, the engineer is f**king famous, a guy called Mark Freegard, gold and silver discs all over the studio walls, great session and we made a 9-track album in a day. A long and gruelling day, but nevertheless a day. No animals were harmed in making this album, but some humans were given a really hard time. I have never sounded better.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical and cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." Bill Hicks.
"Are you OK?" daftbeaker (<-- very good question, people should ask it more often.)

Purple Lil
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Purple Lil » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:59 pm

Roy Hunter wrote:Turns out that I am allowed to mention it.

Duglas T. Stewart from BMX Bandits was producing, the engineer is f**king famous, a guy called Mark Freegard, gold and silver discs all over the studio walls, great session and we made a 9-track album in a day. A long and gruelling day, but nevertheless a day. No animals were harmed in making this album, but some humans were given a really hard time. I have never sounded better.

Have you recovered now?

Roy Hunter

Postby Roy Hunter » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:14 pm

Purple Lil wrote:Have you recovered now?

Kind of.

I am reliably informed by three people I really trust that there is a great album about to happen.

I haven't heard it yet.

Trying not to think about it too much...
:violin: :violin: :violin:
:lurk:

Purple Lil
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Purple Lil » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:34 am

Roy Hunter wrote:
Purple Lil wrote:Have you recovered now?

Kind of.

I am reliably informed by three people I really trust that there is a great album about to happen.

I haven't heard it yet.

Trying not to think about it too much...
:violin: :violin: :violin:
:lurk:

Ooh! Exciting!

Return to “All Things FSM”