Why are we mocked so?

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

fighter762
Conchigliette Convert

Why are we mocked so?

Postby fighter762 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:16 am

why must people call us retards? why do people always threaten to eat our Spagediety? why do we get called idiots when we dress like pirates? why cant people accept us for who we are? :( can someone answer these questions? if only we had a real church..a safe haven for Pastafarians all over the world. is there such a place? i propose that we all pitch in, or just steal lumber, and build a massive pirate ship. a floating temple in honor of his noodly splendor! RAmen my friends! :fsm:

dabeast
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby dabeast » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:37 pm

Because it's funny to laugh at the ignorant people who can't even understand the basic concepts of satire so the FSM gifts us with the prescence of such lower humans.
Image[/URL]
Cyanide & Happiness @

Kris1991
Ziti Zealot

Postby Kris1991 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:03 pm

Do the same to them, point out how ridiculous their own god is. Then walk away laughing hysterically.
-€h®i$ the Ninja/Pirate/Hippie

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help the bunny gain world domination. C&P him into your signature.

Aeger
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Aeger » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:14 pm

And there actually already is a National Pastafarian fund to build a safe-haven-type pirate ship. It would seem your mind travels along the same lines as our esteemed prophet.
I am anti-"txt talk." I support good grammar. I am part of the "Save the Vowels" movement. For your sanity and mind, type out your damn words.

Thank you

JustGuess
Ziti Zealot

Postby JustGuess » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:55 pm

Kris1991 wrote:Do the same to them, point out how ridiculous their own god is. Then walk away laughing hysterically.

It's very easy to mock and misrepresent their religion right back at them. Take Christianity as the obvious example, the resurrection specifically. Jesus came back from the dead, and Christians worship him for that. Why do Christians worship a zombie? Wouldn't it make sense for them to practice Voo Doo if the believe in the divinity of necromantic practices? :mrgreen:

Aeger
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Aeger » Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:12 pm

And where the hell do you get the bunny from?

Eggs? EGGS?!?!
I am anti-"txt talk." I support good grammar. I am part of the "Save the Vowels" movement. For your sanity and mind, type out your damn words.

Thank you

Connorc6291
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Connorc6291 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:40 am

Ya Jesus arose from the dead, so lets celebrate a rabbit and hide some eggs till they get bad and smell horrible.

I don't get it....
Peace, Love and Unity

RAmen
Although the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power.-V

MPTrooper

Postby MPTrooper » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:00 am

Why is Christianity the obvious example? What about Islam? Those guys strap explosives to themselves to make their point. Thats damn funny!

::mumblemakein fun of my zombie Godmumble::

JustGuess
Ziti Zealot

Postby JustGuess » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:57 am

Islam is scary, Christianity is just silly. In all seriousness my main critisism about Islam is that Muhammad wasn't so much a religious leader as he was a very successful cult leader who gained power as much with warfare as he did through willing converts.

iEmcee
Ziti Zealot

Postby iEmcee » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:14 pm

Dude, they're building a pirate ship? Can you join them? And who is doing it, Bobby Henderson?
- iEmcee

:worship: :fsm:

deadgenome
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby deadgenome » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:17 pm

I want a kite powered catemeran pirate ship, or alternatively my own floating island
-.,.-*`*-.,.-*`*-.,.-*`*-.,.-*`*-.,.-*`*-
+ don't get hung up on symbols +

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams

fighter762
Conchigliette Convert

Postby fighter762 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:14 pm

im leading the fight for pasta in my school. i used exerpts from bobby henderson's letter and sent a letter to my principal and school board telling them that if they're gonna teach evolution they should teach FSMism

Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:32 pm

fighter762 wrote:im leading the fight for pasta in my school. i used exerpts from bobby henderson's letter and sent a letter to my principal and school board telling them that if they're gonna teach evolution they should teach FSMism

Oh, Brutha....
I thought it was only the OTHER guys that didn't understand satire. :cry:

To hell with science... we need to start pushing for a mandatory Humour and Non-Literal Expression unit in English classes (satire, parody, irony....).

deadgenome
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby deadgenome » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:57 pm

it might be you that's not understanding satire... very hard to tell with that post :mrgreen:
-.,.-*`*-.,.-*`*-.,.-*`*-.,.-*`*-.,.-*`*-

+ don't get hung up on symbols +

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams

Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:10 pm

I'm actually not sure myself...

Return to “All Things FSM”