Pastafarian swear words?

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

rbbrchckn
Conchigliette Convert

Pastafarian swear words?

Postby rbbrchckn » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:26 pm

I have been a devoted follower for 2 years now, but I finally have a question concerning my faith. Do we have any swear words? I mean, other religions get to say: Holy s***!, god damn(it), Jumpin jesus on a pogo stick, etc.

Do we have any words of our own? Or do we just have to endure snide comments when we say things like that? (if you don't believe in him, why do you use his name during sex?)

OH GOD! YES! FASTER!!!

p.s. if this is in the wrong category, sorry & can it be moved to proper category?

rbbrchckn
Conchigliette Convert

Postby rbbrchckn » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:34 pm

Sorry, this is also kind of covered in a previous post 'for the love of, what exactly?'

Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Re: Pastafarian swear words?

Postby Zankou 2.0 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:35 pm

rbbrchckn wrote:I have been a devoted follower for 2 years now, but I finally have a question concerning my faith. Do we have any swear words? I mean, other religions get to say: Holy s***!, god damn(it), Jumpin jesus on a pogo stick, etc.

Do we have any words of our own? Or do we just have to endure snide comments when we say things like that? (if you don't believe in him, why do you use his name during sex?)

OH GOD! YES! FASTER!!!

p.s. if this is in the wrong category, sorry & can it be moved to proper category?

Welcome to the forum!!

Well, we have our sayings like "pasta be upon you" and "RAmen", but, not really any swearwords. We don't really need them, but most of us just use the acronym "FSM" in place of "God", (which incidentally, is incorrect in the first place), and, I suppose, we would replace words like "Holy" with "noodly".

For the pogo stick exclamation, I have no suggestions.

Also, as for the "OH GOD" thing, I get past that by spelling it: G-A-W-D, and using it as an exclamation, rather than as an invocation of a deity.

Rather like "gah!" or "gee whiz!"

And it's "for the love of pasta"
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

Etay
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Etay » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:23 am

Two words:
Ziti Face.

Fair winds,
Etay
O rly?
Yarrly!

russianfool20825
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby russianfool20825 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:25 am

im sure anything in pirate speak will work. just a suggestion.

pastafari
Ziti Zealot

Postby pastafari » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:17 am

I'm quite partial to ''Scurvy (Land)lubbers", meself. :fsm_yarr:
And then the FSM extended His noodly appendage, tasted the Holy Sauce of Life, and declared It good.

qoquaq
Ziti Zealot

Postby qoquaq » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:40 pm

How about..Noodly No!,I don't give a flying 'sm' f***!,Noodly Knackers! or Pasta Pollocks!

Robin :fsm_rock:
Alias..Black Roger Rackham
navigator to noodly heaven

anthrobabe
Lord of Linguini
Location: Waiting to move where the Gorillas are, the ones without cell phones and cars!

Postby anthrobabe » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:40 pm

WTFSM????

during sex(aka bastin the turkey) you could always holler about noodles and colanders and pirates and booty and such--- that'd be appropriate
the neighbors will either invite you over for tea to find out exactly what you are doing that is "new"
or call the cops- and because I'm a dispatcher- I love those calls!
My mantra
Just save the farkin Gorillas will you! They don't have spell check- but they do need YOU/US...
www.gorillafund.org

I Ned Speil Cheek!!!!!!!!

I'm *not* the lowest rank on this ship. What about the laboratory mice? I tell them something and they jump straight to it. "Yes, Mr. Lister Sir, eek,eek."

trogdor
Conchigliette Convert

Postby trogdor » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:45 pm

Go Fork Yourself

Capn_Candi
Conchigliette Convert

Holy Noodle Sauce!

Postby Capn_Candi » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:23 am

Firstly i wanna say AAARRR!! Now, i tell people that the curse of antipasto is on them and where to stick their unflying forks
P.S. Go the Burninator!! But be careful, Forking without Spooning leads to Knifing!
Yaarrr! Sing like noone's listening! Dance like noones watching! Take too many pictures! Laugh WAY too much and too loud!! Party like you've never been sad! Drink like you've never been sick! Smile like sumone's in Love with it, LOVE like you've never been hurt!! and Eat Pasta like His Noodleyness is watching!!! =p

Capn_Candi
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Capn_Candi » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:26 am

Also, May you mistake maggots for noodles and may your meat be evergreen. =p
Yaarrr! Sing like noone's listening! Dance like noones watching! Take too many pictures! Laugh WAY too much and too loud!! Party like you've never been sad! Drink like you've never been sick! Smile like sumone's in Love with it, LOVE like you've never been hurt!! and Eat Pasta like His Noodleyness is watching!!! =p

Dan(da haole guy)
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby Dan(da haole guy) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:23 am

ARR-oha, Cap'n Candi...in reference to maggie/noodles & evergreen meat:obviously you've been to the weekly Sunday Brunch-of-Stuff-We-Didn't-Sell-Last-Sunday @ the Admiral Benbough..

hint: fill yer plate, nibble (the plate! not the "food"), and drink Captain's Delight XO's until sideways.. :fsm_yarr:
KAULANA NA PUA A'O FSM..HANO HANO..FSM NO KA OI..

Return to “All Things FSM”