Help Plz

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

piratemike
Ziti Zealot

Help Plz

Postby piratemike » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:55 pm

My parents keep saying this is all a joke, and its making me doubtful. How do I convince them the FSM is real?

Clifford
Humble Hermit

Postby Clifford » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:05 pm

*blinks* depends if you truly believe in the FSM, doesn't it? Do you actually believe there is an omnipresent being of pasta who created the earth? Or are you in it for the fight against teaching Intelligent Design in classrooms?
Clifford

By the power invested in me by tabloid-reading imbeciles, I name you a pedo-dog!

The Pedo-Finder General

RAmen

KC Observer
Mod

Postby KC Observer » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:22 pm

It's as real as any religion out there. Just doesn't have recognized places of "worship", other than Italian restaraunts. Depends on your faith and belief system. But, this started out as trying to make a point (Whioch I'm sure was lost on the intended recipients) with the Kansas school board who wanted to teach ID/creationism as a legitiment science in Kansas public school classrooms.
The Pope

GarlicRice
Ziti Zealot

Postby GarlicRice » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:37 pm

A combination of approaches might be best:

1. Use statistics:

:fsm_yarr: How do they explain the well established link between the decrease in the number of pirates and the increase in world temperature?

2. Use logic:

:? Why don't your parents float off into the air if Hid Noodliness isn't there to hold them down?

3. Use Hard Evidence.

8) How do they explain authentic FSM photographs? http://www.venganza.org/images/wallpapers/pasture1600x1200.jpg

4. Use demographics.

:fsm_ninja: How do they explain the recent explosive spread and current wide support for His Noodliness if the FSM hasn't been guiding us with his noodly appendages?

5. Use a challenge.

:x If none of that convinces them then ask them to supply hard, indisputable evidence that Jesus Christ was not the son of a divine pasta being.

As Dirk Gently would probably have said, "If it looks like a Spaghetti Monster and it flies like a Spaghetti Monster, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a multi-appendaged pastadeity on our hands."
If it looks like a spaghetti monster, and flies like a spaghetti monster, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a multi-appendaged pastadeity on our hands.

piratemike
Ziti Zealot

Postby piratemike » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:27 am

Thank you all for the advice. I will use it in our next argument. :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :fsm:

Robbobrob
Stele Second Mate

Postby Robbobrob » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:41 pm

tell them they have a choice: a son who believes in a deity system based on food......or a system based on logical conjecture with overwhelming evidence to back it up.
Mad Rob Rackham, Pirate for Humanity.

"God made the Idiot for practice, and then He made the School Board."

- Mark Twain.

Clifford
Humble Hermit

Postby Clifford » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:11 pm

^^ don't you realise they're the same thing?
Clifford

By the power invested in me by tabloid-reading imbeciles, I name you a pedo-dog!

The Pedo-Finder General

RAmen

Robbobrob
Stele Second Mate

Postby Robbobrob » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:02 am

Clifford wrote:^^ don't you realise they're the same thing?
Shhhh, but his parent's obviously don't know that.....
Mad Rob Rackham, Pirate for Humanity.

"God made the Idiot for practice, and then He made the School Board."

- Mark Twain.

Return to “All Things FSM”