Fake 2nd edition

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

StayThirstyMyAguila
Definitely not Eric

Re: Fake 2nd edition

Postby StayThirstyMyAguila » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:18 am

The Dark Noodle wrote:do you not have a local print shop that you can walk in with a copy on a USB stick and they will print and bind a one off copy?

Not that I'm aware of, no. And besides, I can't drive, and I live in the middle of nowhere in relation to stores. I mean, to be frank, in the years I've been alive (My age=a, a>10, a<20) we've had exactly 2 trick-or-treaters come to our house. And really they should count as one, because they were twins and came at the same time.
Good idea, though. And I think I've found my site, just gotta make sure I hammer out the details and don't end up missing the fine print.

ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:57 pm

StayThirstyMyAguila wrote:
The Dark Noodle wrote:do you not have a local print shop that you can walk in with a copy on a USB stick and they will print and bind a one off copy?

Not that I'm aware of, no. And besides, I can't drive, and I live in the middle of nowhere in relation to stores. I mean, to be frank, in the years I've been alive (My age=a, a>10, a<20) we've had exactly 2 trick-or-treaters come to our house. And really they should count as one, because they were twins and came at the same time.
Good idea, though. And I think I've found my site, just gotta make sure I hammer out the details and don't end up missing the fine print.

It sounds like you live in my neighborhood. Central Maine, a town called Slightly West Of The Middle Of Nowhere.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

What happens when all the renewable energy runs out?
-- Victoria Ayling

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."

The Dark Noodle
Cavatappi Cabin Boy
Location: Council of The Olive Garden, The Rev. Dr. Jo Freddie

Postby The Dark Noodle » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:12 pm

StayThirstyMyAguila wrote:Not that I'm aware of, no. And besides, I can't drive, and I live in the middle of nowhere in relation to stores. I mean, to be frank, in the years I've been alive (My age=a, a>10, a<20) we've had exactly 2 trick-or-treaters come to our house. And really they should count as one, because they were twins and came at the same time.

Try a search for companies that print student theses and dissertations, they will do a single copy. Somewhere like http://phdbookbinding.com/ maybe able to help.
The Dark Noodle
AKA - The Rev. Dr. Jo Freddie

The Book of Piraticus 12:1-3
I gave you brains, the ability to reason, and free will for a reason.
Please use them.
If I say something dumb, question it.
http://www.loose-canon.info/ - A really Important Collection of Words.

StayThirstyMyAguila
Definitely not Eric

Postby StayThirstyMyAguila » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:53 am

Wow, that actually helps! Nice and cheap too... one of the companies I tried offered a $19 hardcover. Technically, I got the book I wanted when I got a quote, but the shipping was over $20. For one 6 by 9 inch book. Seriously, how many stamps does that need :facewall: ? It didn't even need foil stamps...
Anyways, this is very much appreciated. I feel this will definitely get me the result I want. Thanks! :bounce: :worship:

EDIT: Nevermind. They want about $40 for the book itself, and $60 for the 200 pages in it.
Screw that. Also, I don't have that many Visa Vanilla Gift Cards. The shipping and book together on that other site cost less than the book on this one, not counting the pages.

Return to “Scripture and Lore”