buttlicking22 wrote:If that is true then Eric is a liar. He told me that he had signed statements from 20 authors of the Loose Canon and that only 4 authors changed their mind and asked to be removed. Is he lying about that?
As Eric seems to be unaware that some of the pen names he is still including are the alias of others, he admits have not given consent, on a scale of 1 to 10, I would say his pants on fire rating is at least 11.
Also, without the consent of The Council of The Olive Garden, he does not have the right to publish anything and claim it to be The Loose Canon, this is made very clear here http://forum.venganza.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=51014:
DaveL wrote:Fellow FSMers, there have been a lot of queries regarding hard copy publication of the Loose Canon, particularly by third parties, not closely associated with this Forum. Following several unauthorized attempts to publish various versions of the Loose Canon without the permission of the Council of the Olive Gardenor its multiple contributors, we wish to make it unambiguously clear that the Loose Canon is not to be published by any third party for profit, or for any other motives not specifically authorized by the Council of the Olive Garden or FSM Forum team.
The Loose Canon is freely available at the following location: http://www.loose-canon.info/ and is supplemented by a Facebook page, which is also administered by Council of the Olive Garden: https://www.facebook.com/The.Loose.Canon/
The Council of The Olive Garden, as the approver and caretaker of these works, have no intention of allowing anyone to publish the Loose Canon as a hard copy for profit, or to fraudulently claim authorship. Doing so disrespects the tireless efforts of those that made the Loose Canon what it is.
The Council of The Olive Garden and FSM Forum Team do not endorse unauthorized works based upon “cherry-picks” of various scriptures for the benefit of others. If it is not the Loose Canon in its entirety, it’s not the Loose Canon.
For those of you who are genuinely interested in promoting the FSM through Pastafarian scripture, the best way to help the cause is to go write some yourself!! Hey, if it’s really awesome, it may be canonized.
We have provided a list of clarifications as to why we seek to protect the Loose Canon in its entirety, and why any attempts by others to put their name to these works will inevitably sink like a ‘lead balloon’.
1. If you are truly craving for your own hard copy, then best hit PRINT. We don't mind you having your own paper/ parchment/ papyrus copy. Pass it round to your friends, read it, study it, run naked though the streets with it - hey, we're not fussed. But don't think you can publish it without full permission, no matter what name you put on the cover"
2. The Loose Canon is the work of multiple authors, some of whom have since passed on to the Beer Volcano. Gaining the permission of all persons involved is not only difficult, it’s impossible (unless you have otherworldly contacts in Beer Heaven). As mentioned above, we do not endorse third party “cherry-picks” of select works for separate publication, and never will.
3. The Council of the Olive Garden respects, protects, and cherishes the many separate individual contributions that comprise the Loose Canon in its entirety. Any efforts to sell/distribute the Loose Canon in part or in full by unauthorized third parties, will not be supported by the Council of the Olive Garden, the FSM Forum, or the broader Pastafarian community.
4. Recent unauthorized attempts to sell the original Loose Canon have delayed/stalled/hindered progress on the Second Loose Canon. The sooner this issue is resolved, the quicker we can resume the additional works.
5. The Council and Administration will not respond to individual solicitations of authors with overwhelming kindness. If you canvas or harass members of this forum regarding their contributions or contact details, you can expect an appropriate response.
for The Council of The Olive Garden