Fake 2nd edition

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

The Dark Noodle
Cavatappi Cabin Boy
Location: Council of The Olive Garden, The Rev. Dr. Jo Freddie

Re: Fake 2nd edition

Postby The Dark Noodle » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:34 pm

buttlicking22 wrote:If that is true then Eric is a liar. He told me that he had signed statements from 20 authors of the Loose Canon and that only 4 authors changed their mind and asked to be removed. Is he lying about that?

As Eric seems to be unaware that some of the pen names he is still including are the alias of others, he admits have not given consent, on a scale of 1 to 10, I would say his pants on fire rating is at least 11.

Also, without the consent of The Council of The Olive Garden, he does not have the right to publish anything and claim it to be The Loose Canon, this is made very clear here http://forum.venganza.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=51014:
DaveL wrote:Fellow FSMers, there have been a lot of queries regarding hard copy publication of the Loose Canon, particularly by third parties, not closely associated with this Forum. Following several unauthorized attempts to publish various versions of the Loose Canon without the permission of the Council of the Olive Gardenor its multiple contributors, we wish to make it unambiguously clear that the Loose Canon is not to be published by any third party for profit, or for any other motives not specifically authorized by the Council of the Olive Garden or FSM Forum team.

The Loose Canon is freely available at the following location: http://www.loose-canon.info/ and is supplemented by a Facebook page, which is also administered by Council of the Olive Garden: https://www.facebook.com/The.Loose.Canon/

The Council of The Olive Garden, as the approver and caretaker of these works, have no intention of allowing anyone to publish the Loose Canon as a hard copy for profit, or to fraudulently claim authorship. Doing so disrespects the tireless efforts of those that made the Loose Canon what it is.

The Council of The Olive Garden and FSM Forum Team do not endorse unauthorized works based upon “cherry-picks” of various scriptures for the benefit of others. If it is not the Loose Canon in its entirety, it’s not the Loose Canon.

For those of you who are genuinely interested in promoting the FSM through Pastafarian scripture, the best way to help the cause is to go write some yourself!! Hey, if it’s really awesome, it may be canonized.

We have provided a list of clarifications as to why we seek to protect the Loose Canon in its entirety, and why any attempts by others to put their name to these works will inevitably sink like a ‘lead balloon’.

1. If you are truly craving for your own hard copy, then best hit PRINT. We don't mind you having your own paper/ parchment/ papyrus copy. Pass it round to your friends, read it, study it, run naked though the streets with it - hey, we're not fussed. But don't think you can publish it without full permission, no matter what name you put on the cover"

2. The Loose Canon is the work of multiple authors, some of whom have since passed on to the Beer Volcano. Gaining the permission of all persons involved is not only difficult, it’s impossible (unless you have otherworldly contacts in Beer Heaven). As mentioned above, we do not endorse third party “cherry-picks” of select works for separate publication, and never will.

3. The Council of the Olive Garden respects, protects, and cherishes the many separate individual contributions that comprise the Loose Canon in its entirety. Any efforts to sell/distribute the Loose Canon in part or in full by unauthorized third parties, will not be supported by the Council of the Olive Garden, the FSM Forum, or the broader Pastafarian community.

4. Recent unauthorized attempts to sell the original Loose Canon have delayed/stalled/hindered progress on the Second Loose Canon. The sooner this issue is resolved, the quicker we can resume the additional works.

5. The Council and Administration will not respond to individual solicitations of authors with overwhelming kindness. If you canvas or harass members of this forum regarding their contributions or contact details, you can expect an appropriate response.

DaveL
for The Council of The Olive Garden
The Dark Noodle
AKA - The Rev. Dr. Jo Freddie

The Book of Piraticus 12:1-3
I gave you brains, the ability to reason, and free will for a reason.
Please use them.
If I say something dumb, question it.
http://www.loose-canon.info/ - A really Important Collection of Words.

buttlicking22

Postby buttlicking22 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:36 pm

The Dark Noodle wrote:As Eric seems to be unaware that some of the pen names he is still including are the alias of others, he admits have not given consent, on a scale of 1 to 10, I would say his pants on fire rating is at least 11.

I'm just basing it off of what he told me. Either he is lying or Cardinal Fang is lying. I'll probably never know for sure.

Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:39 pm

NO ! ARNTEE CARDANULL FANG NOT LYING YOO SKUNK .

ET B YOO WOT TELLS BIG FIBS ...... Errick = BumBum69er = PrayFriskyWossername .
cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.

The Dark Noodle
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby The Dark Noodle » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:10 pm

buttlicking22 wrote:I'm just basing it off of what he told me. Either he is lying or Cardinal Fang is lying. I'll probably never know for sure.

I have been party to conversations with Eric, where one of the Authors who was refusing consent pointed out that some of the other authors Eric claimed to have consent from were in fact him under another alias, the list of authors works you gave still include those pen names. So I stand by my previous comment...
The Dark Noodle wrote:on a scale of 1 to 10, I would say his pants on fire rating is at least 11.

Nef Yoo BlackBeard wrote:NO ! ARNTEE CARDANULL FANG NOT LYING YOO SKUNK .

ET B YOO WOT TELLS BIG FIBS ...... Errick = BumBum69er = PrayFriskyWossername .

Any person who questions the honour of Brother Cardinal Fang risks a lifetime of soggy Noodles!!!!!!

:furious: :nefyoobash: :furious:
The Dark Noodle

Please use them.

DaveL
Site Admin

Postby DaveL » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:24 pm

Given Eric Whitfield's recent track record, I'd say Cardinal's integrity is second to none (and unquestionable in any case).
Manatee Singles
http://www.hotdugong.com

Is it June 2017 yet?

daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby daftbeaker » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:55 pm

DaveL wrote:Given Eric Whitfield's recent track record, I'd say Cardinal's integrity is second to none (and unquestionable in any case).

Indeed. If Cardinal Fang told me my pants were on fire I would be looking for a fire extinguisher before I bothered to check.
Too old to give up but too young to rest - Pete Townshend

I would rather be a rising ape than a falling angel - Sir Terry Pratchett

ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:55 am

buttlicking22 wrote:
The Dark Noodle wrote:As Eric seems to be unaware that some of the pen names he is still including are the alias of others, he admits have not given consent, on a scale of 1 to 10, I would say his pants on fire rating is at least 11.

I'm just basing it off of what he told me. Either he is lying or Cardinal Fang is lying. I'll probably never know for sure.

Cardinal Fang is as likely to lie as I am to sprout wings and fly to Jupiter. You can take that to the bank. Whitfield is lying.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

What happens when all the renewable energy runs out?
-- Victoria Ayling

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."

ChowMein
Brewmeister

Postby ChowMein » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:02 am

buttlicking22 wrote:

But but buttlicker , you are Eric and juice and nancy and all the rest , so you are well aware that your pants are on fire .

Cardinal Fang
Lord of Linguini

Postby Cardinal Fang » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:52 pm

For reference - it is irrelevent that he (supposedly) has permission from some of the authors, because he does not have permission from the Council of the Olive Garden, who are the compilers, moderators, and publishers of the Loose Cannon. As such, he is stealing the work.

Next excuse?

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

StayThirstyMyAguila
Definitely not Eric

Postby StayThirstyMyAguila » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:42 am

ET, the Extra Terrestrial wrote:
buttlicking22 wrote:

Cardinal Fang is as likely to lie as I am to sprout wings and fly to Jupiter. You can take that to the bank. Whitfield is lying.

I'm sorry could you just clarify this last point for me? How likely ARE you to sprout wings and fly to Jupiter? I mean, it'd be nice to have a number. Maybe 3.1415926583etcetera?
Also my (personal and private) printed version of The Loose Canon should be arriving soon! Reading is fine and dandy online, but something is different about having a nice, hardcover copy in your hands. I don't know what it is, but it just feels better.

Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:42 pm

Roy Hunter wrote:Written a scathing 1-star review along the lines of 'The publisher is a thief!'

I would urge other writers to do likewise.

rrrrr

da ye :moon:
erwik canon feef :nefyoobash:
rrrr :moon:
cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.

StayThirstyMyAguila
Definitely not Eric

Postby StayThirstyMyAguila » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:34 pm

Yeah I'm having issues with finding a site that will let me print 1 and not 25 copies . . . I'm also busy with midterms at the moment, so my nice, hardcover issue might be a little more than late in coming . . .
On the bright side, I can buy stuff again!
You know that thing when someone gets you a present and tells you it's in the mail, and then you don't want to buy something you've had your eye on for a while in case it ends up being exactly what the person got you?
Yeah, me too.
Anyways that just happened over the course of about a month and I am now the proud owner of a copy of the Gospel! Yay! :zen: :fsm_rock: :drinking: :love: :grin: :cool: :pirate_fish: :fsm: :fsm_float: :fsm_yarr: :worship: :twisted: :bounce: :jack: *

*If the humongous combination of happy-seeming smilies above confused you, you probably aren't alone. Or an alien.

The Dark Noodle
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby The Dark Noodle » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:52 pm

StayThirstyMyAguila wrote:Yeah I'm having issues with finding a site that will let me print 1 and not 25 copies . . . I'm also busy with midterms at the moment, so my nice, hardcover issue might be a little more than late in coming . . .
On the bright side, I can buy stuff again!
You know that thing when someone gets you a present and tells you it's in the mail, and then you don't want to buy something you've had your eye on for a while in case it ends up being exactly what the person got you?
Yeah, me too.
Anyways that just happened over the course of about a month and I am now the proud owner of a copy of the Gospel! Yay! :zen: :fsm_rock: :drinking: :love: :grin: :cool: :pirate_fish: :fsm: :fsm_float: :fsm_yarr: :worship: :twisted: :bounce: :jack: *

*If the humongous combination of happy-seeming smilies above confused you, you probably aren't alone. Or an alien.

I printed mine on my home Printer and put it in a ring binder, if you want something a little flasher, do you not have a local print shop that you can walk in with a copy on a USB stick and they will print and bind a one off copy?
The Dark Noodle

Please use them.

Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.
Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Roy Hunter » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:57 am

Is that a Quad II? Nice! KT66s?

I built myself a bass amplifier using KT88s, and I always fancied building a hi-fi amp, but probably a class AB1 Push-Pull. Never got round to it, though.

Also, after 30 years of playing rock 'n' roll, I'm deaf as a post, so why would I bother?
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical and cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." Bill Hicks.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." Abraham Lincoln
"Are you OK?" daftbeaker (<-- very good question, people should ask it more often.)

The Dark Noodle
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby The Dark Noodle » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:14 am

Roy Hunter wrote:Is that a Quad II? Nice! KT66s?

Yes, made around 1962 with GEC cup getter KT66s also from the early 60s
Vintage Hifi and The FSM, the two big passions of my life
The Dark Noodle

Please use them.

Return to “Scripture and Lore”