Fake 2nd edition

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.
Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Re: Fake 2nd edition

Postby Roy Hunter » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:04 pm

Nancy Delia wrote:i didn't realize it was fake until I got it in the mail. then I knew it by looking at the cover of the book

No worries, Nancy. Eric is 'known to us', and you're easily forgiven for falling for his nonsense. We're just glad you arrived here.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical and cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." Bill Hicks.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." Abraham Lincoln
"Are you OK?" daftbeaker (<-- very good question, people should ask it more often.)

Nancy Delia
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Nancy Delia » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:26 pm

Roy Hunter wrote:
Nancy Delia wrote:i didn't realize it was fake until I got it in the mail. then I knew it by looking at the cover of the book

No worries, Nancy. Eric is 'known to us', and you're easily forgiven for falling for his nonsense. We're just glad you arrived here.

should i leave a review on amazon too? it will show up as a verified purchase. it will have more credibility than the others.

what should i say?
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth. ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Great souls suffer in silence. ~Friedrich Schiller

Roy Hunter

Postby Roy Hunter » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:44 pm

It would appear Eric is currently gone from Amazon, as from here. If he shows up, feel free.

Have a look back through this thread, and the Loose Canon threads, there is a bunch of original stuff in there, and much of it is very good. Have a read, see what you think.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical and cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." Bill Hicks.
"Are you OK?" daftbeaker (<-- very good question, people should ask it more often.)

Nancy Delia
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Nancy Delia » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:47 pm

Roy Hunter wrote:It would appear Eric is currently gone from Amazon, as from here. If he shows up, feel free.

Have a look back through this thread, and the Loose Canon threads, there is a bunch of original stuff in there, and much of it is very good. Have a read, see what you think.

http://www.amazon.com/Loose-Canon-Compl ... oose+Canon

what should I say?

http://www.amazon.com/The-Loose-Canon-C ... 57813666Xl
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth. ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Roy Hunter

Postby Roy Hunter » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:52 pm

Nancy Delia wrote:http://www.amazon.com/Loose-Canon-Complete-2nd/dp/057813666X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419983201&sr=8-1&keywords=Loose+Canon

what should I say?
Wow!
He was gone last night, now he's back.

OK, he's basically a copyright thief and a shyster.
Other than that, it's a fantastic book.

Nancy Delia
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Nancy Delia » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:24 pm

Roy Hunter wrote:Wow!
He was gone last night, now he's back.

OK, he's basically a copyright thief and a shyster.
Other than that, it's a fantastic book.

is that all that I should say? i don't leave reviews unless they are 2-3 paragraphs. i guess i could make an exception.

RevWrongway
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby RevWrongway » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:58 pm

I've been marking all the reviews (1 star) as "helpful".

:nefyoobash:
ʇuǝɯƃpnɾ pɐq ɯoɹɟ sǝɯoɔ ʇɐɥʇ ɐʇʇol ɐ puɐ 'ǝɔuǝᴉɹǝdxǝ ɯoɹɟ sǝɯoɔ ʇuǝɯƃpnɾ pooפ

ǝuO ʎlpooN ǝɥʇ oʇ ʇsǝɹ ǝɥʇ ǝʌɐǝ˥ ˙ʎlpuᴉʞ ʞɐǝdS ˙ʎldǝǝp ǝɹɐƆ ˙ʎlsnoɹǝuǝƃ ǝʌo˥ ˙ʎldɯᴉs ǝʌᴉ˥

Cardinal Fang
Humble Hermit

Postby Cardinal Fang » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:34 am

Have any of the Council of Olive Garden complained to Amazon yet about intellectual property theft - after all, as the compilers of the Loose Canon they surely have some say (I'm presuming that by submitting entries to it, individual Pastafarians are giving the Council of Olive Garden permission to use it and publish it - might be worth checking).

Also worth anyone who's work is in the Loose Canon reporting it to Amazon - after all the original authors still hold the copyright, even if they've given the Council of Olive Garden permission to use their work.

Alternatively - could we persuade Bobby Henderson to jump in. He, afterall, does own the original rights to the FSM and presumably could say that this edition, featuring the FSM, has been published without his permission.

Procedure for reporting IP theft to Amazon is here

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

Nancy Delia
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Nancy Delia » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:10 pm

Cardinal Fang wrote:Have any of the Council of Olive Garden complained to Amazon yet about intellectual property theft - after all, as the compilers of the Loose Canon they surely have some say (I'm presuming that by submitting entries to it, individual Pastafarians are giving the Council of Olive Garden permission to use it and publish it - might be worth checking).

Also worth anyone who's work is in the Loose Canon reporting it to Amazon - after all the original authors still hold the copyright, even if they've given the Council of Olive Garden permission to use their work.

Alternatively - could we persuade Bobby Henderson to jump in. He, afterall, does own the original rights to the FSM and presumably could say that this edition, featuring the FSM, has been published without his permission.

Procedure for reporting IP theft to Amazon is here

CF

i have sent you a pm Cardinal Fang.

Cardinal Fang
Humble Hermit

Postby Cardinal Fang » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:21 pm

Nancy Delia wrote:i have sent you a pm Cardinal Fang.

Could you resend - not arrived?

CF

Nancy Delia
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Nancy Delia » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:43 pm

my email to eric whitfield:

"Dear Eric Whitfield,

We all know that the Loose Canon is fake. Several members of the venganza forums are planning to give you one star reviews to make it impossible for you to get rich off of this book.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=47472

The owners of the website in conjunction with Dechujoh64, qwertyuiopasd, The Dark Noodle, Roy Hunter, Rev. Rowan Redbeard, strozzascotte, peacefulsongs, DaveL, Cardinal Fang, and Nef Yoo Blackbeard are going to sue the crap out of you for stealing their work.

What you are doing is illegal and you know it. Please stop selling this book as soon as possible. You are an insult to all Pastafarians and you do a poor job representing our lord the Flying Spaghetti Monster. May your beer be stale and your strippers all be infected with VD's.

Nancy Delia

P.S. Please refund the $5.82 that I paid for your book. There was no way to know that your book was fake."

Cardinal Fang
Humble Hermit

Postby Cardinal Fang » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:44 pm

I never submitted anything to the Loose Canon, so couldn't take any action for copyright theft if I wanted to.

So just left my 1 star review on Amazon instead.

CF

StJason
Gnocchetti Galley Slave
Location: Sacramento, California, United States, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Postby StJason » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:31 pm

Again, fellow authors, please complain to Amazon about this (I, for one, am a little pissed off about this...)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/reports/infringement

State that you are one of the authors, that you did not give permission, and you want Amazon to take the listing down.

I've also given a one-star review (though Amazon keeps rejecting my reviews for some reason...), and thumbed up all the other complaints.

Let's bring this jackass down.
---
Darwin's Purge, verse 39.

You know the thing that I hate about these .sigblocks? Never have a good idea what to put in them.

Nancy Delia
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Nancy Delia » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:34 pm

here is one of the conversations on amazon. it is the 2nd review from the top. it is the one with 10 comments.

http://www.amazon.com/review/RWVRW8KYIL ... hisHelpful

Roy Hunter wrote:

I contributed to The Loose Canon, and I have not given my permission for my work to be published and sold in this way.

When the proper Second Edition of the Loose Canon is completed, it will be available free of charge as a pdf document, as per the original agreement with the authors.

Do not pay to buy this book.

Russell Whitfield wrote:Your permission was not granted therefore your work was not included in the Loose Canon Complete Second Edition. Thank you for your understanding in this matter. Here is a complete list of excluded works:

The Book of Ravioli Alien Soda Jerk
Aradiatori - or the Gospels of the Kitchens Alien Soda Jerk
An Exorcism Ritual Banishment of Cruel Almighty Doer of Stuff
Demons and Evil Spirit
A Letter from ADoS to the Dying Almighty Doer of Stuff
Some Revelations As Recalled Almighty Doer of Stuff
The Parable of Flood Survivalism Almighty Doer of Stuff
A Letter from ADoS to the Mocked Almighty Doer of Stuff
The Book of Piraticus Bobby Henderson and Platypus Enthusiast
Ethical Guidelines for Pirates Captain Redbeard Scurvydog
The Book of Midgets DaveL
The Book of Dechujoh Dechujoh
Pirate's Effect on Global Warming Roderick Alan King
The Book of Emergent Patterns Roy Hunter and Uhi Dud
Revelations 2: The Revenge Roy Hunter
The Sermon of St Jason the Slightly Cynical St. Jason
on the Coast
The Book of Penelope Warlord of Elephants
The Song of Semolina (unknown author)
The Book of Disco (unknown author)
The Sermon on the Mall (unknown author)
The Pirate Aaahhhhrrrr's Letter to Privateers (unknown author)
The Random Number of Not Commandments (too many authors)
Pastalms (too many authors)
The Book of ProvHerbs (too many authors)
Revelations 1: The Book of Revealed Crapola (too many authors)

Russell Whitfield wrote:It is my desire to send a copy to each of these 7 authors so that they can be assured that their work was not included in the Loose Canon Complete Second Edition. All of these 7 authors denied permission to be included in this project and their wishes were respected.

Almighty Doer of Stuff
Captain Redbeard Scurvydog
DaveL
Dechujoh
Roderick Alan King
Roy Hunter
Warlord of Elephants

Your understanding in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Holy Noodle wrote:You still have no right to publish this, you are not authorised be The Council of The Olive Garden or venganza.org.

Christopher S. Rowan wrote:Nor did you get permission from each and every author you left in. Or any, as far as I know. By US and international law, you MUST get permission from ALL authors. Not simply remove the works of those authors who find out you're stealing their work and object to it.

Amazon Customer wrote:More, you derived works submitted to another publisher/group.

I was not contacted for permission to make you money. Removing my works would be a step in the right direction, but utterly misses the point.

I did not donate my work to *you*, Mr. Whitfield. *you* stole my and other people's work. You did not ask. You did not look in advance, you stole, then said "hey, if they didn't want me to have it, they should complain!"

It's disgusting.

Russell Whitfield wrote:Just let me know what I can do to help. Thanks for your comments. Let me know before February 1, 2015.

Holy Noodle wrote:To help, you can do as requested by the Authors and the members of The Council Of The Olive Garden, the body responsible for the collation and distribution of The Loose Canon, immediately remove this unauthorised version from publication.

Russell Whitfield wrote:My contact information is readily available. My email works fine. The United States Postal Service still delivers mail to my house. My phone works fine. Please give me the information that I need. I can't work with a blanket statement like that. Who the heck is the Council of the Olive Garden? Is that even a real organization? If so, in what state are they organized? I can fix the problems but I can't fix the problems if you don't tell me what the problems are.

FYI: The works of StJason, Qwertyuiopasd and Rev. Dr. Jo Freddie are going to be removed on February 1, 2015 unless I hear otherwise from the alleged authors. As far as I'm concerned the Council of the Olive Garden is a fairy tale. If the Council of the Olive Garden were real then the Loose Canon Complete Second Edition would have never been published. Who is Holy Noodle?

Holy Noodle wrote:Look on the Loose Canon facebook page and you can see it announced that this is a fake.

Look in the official Flying Spaghetti Monster forum on venganza.org (From which you have been banned due to you actions in this matter) and you will find this publication denounced as a fake.

You have been told how to fix the problem over and over again, to fix it you need cease and desist.

Russell Whitfield wrote:Thanks for the help. I'll go check my email now. I'll also check the references that you suggested.

No new emails.
Nothing new has been posted on the Loose Canon page since November 4, 2014. I can't access the venganza forums unless you can help me with that.

Either way I do greatly appreciate all the new information that you have provided. I will certainly take it into consideration. :) May His sauce be upon you.

what the heck is he taking into consideration? what a douche bag! i'm glad that i came to this website. otherwise i would have never known all of this.

The Dark Noodle
Fusilli Fuselier
Location: Council of The Olive Garden, The Rev. Dr. Jo Freddie

Postby The Dark Noodle » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:29 pm

The Loose Canon facebook page received this from Eric (juicegiver)

From Eric Whitfield

Dear Sir or Madam:

It is my plan to take the Loose Canon Complete Second Edition off of the market on February 1, 2015. All that I need is your permission via email to take it off of the market. My email address is [redacted]

thanks,

Eric Whitfield

I would also like to offer a free copy of the Loose Canon to several members of the forum as a sign of friendship between us. I want to put this to an end once and for all.

Aclor79
AFTERGLOW
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Amerigo
bonsaiherb
Capellini
Cap'n Tedward
CaptainLongPig
Captain Redbeard Scurvydog
Cardinal Fang
ChowMein
Cricket
daftbeaker
DaveL
DavidH
Dechujoh64
enoodle
ET, the Extra Terrestrial
fremont
Griffin
gronank
IspywithmeI
Monobaz
Nef Yoo BlackBeard
pennefromheaven
PKMKII
Qwertyuiopasd
Rainswept
Rev. Brian
RevWrongway
Roderick Alan King
rog
Roy Hunter
Seaman Staines
StJason
The Dark Noodle
Warlord of Elephants

The response he has been sent (as a jpg so it is not so easy to edit)
http://loose-canon.info/images/Eric_Loose_Canon.jpg

Should any of those listed want to take him up on his offer, PM me and I will give you his email address.
The Dark Noodle
AKA - The Rev. Dr. Jo Freddie

The Book of Piraticus 12:1-3
I gave you brains, the ability to reason, and free will for a reason.
Please use them.
If I say something dumb, question it.
http://www.loose-canon.info/ - A really Important Collection of Words.

Return to “Scripture and Lore”