Philosophy of Death

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

buttlicking22

Philosophy of Death

Postby buttlicking22 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:44 pm

You cannot have a philosophy for life until you first have a philosophy of death. ~Some Smart Bugger

Does anybody have a philosophy of death?

User avatar
Cardinal Fang
Lord of Linguini
Posts: 1376
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: A dungeon on Viltvodle VI

Re: Philosophy of Death

Postby Cardinal Fang » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:10 pm

You die, you go to Pastafarian heaven with the strippers and the beer factory.

Those left behind (hopefully) feel sad.

CF
Image
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net


My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

User avatar
Cardinal Fang
Lord of Linguini
Posts: 1376
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: A dungeon on Viltvodle VI

Re: Philosophy of Death

Postby Cardinal Fang » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:13 pm

TBH I prefer a philosophy of life, than one of death, because life is the rarest gift any one of us will ever be given. Billions of people never got that gift, including greater poets than Shakespeare, greater musicians than Mozart or the Beatles, greater scientists than Einstein and Hawkin, and greater artists than Van Gogh and Da Vinci. Yet it is ordinary little us-es who the FSM blessed with that gift, and therefore it is beholden to us to make every second of it count and to leave the world better than we found it.

CF
Image
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net


My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

buttlicking22

Re: Philosophy of Death

Postby buttlicking22 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:19 am

Cardinal Fang wrote:TBH I prefer a philosophy of life, than one of death, because life is the rarest gift any one of us will ever be given. Billions of people never got that gift, including greater poets than Shakespeare, greater musicians than Mozart or the Beatles, greater scientists than Einstein and Hawkin, and greater artists than Van Gogh and Da Vinci. Yet it is ordinary little us-es who the FSM blessed with that gift, and therefore it is beholden to us to make every second of it count and to leave the world better than we found it.

CF

I don't have a philosophy of death either. Is it even possible to have a Pastafarian funeral? or do we have to rely on the mainstream religions to bury our fellow Pastafarians?

User avatar
Cardinal Fang
Lord of Linguini
Posts: 1376
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: A dungeon on Viltvodle VI

Re: Philosophy of Death

Postby Cardinal Fang » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:02 pm

It is possible to have a Pastafarian funeral, although I don't know if there are any laid down rites as yet.

However I personally think that funerals are an important part of helping those left behind gain closure, mourn, and celebrate the gift that was that person. So if a person is a Pastafarian and it meant much to them, then a Pastafarian rite is part of celebrating that gift.

CF
Image
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net


My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

buttlicking22

Re: Philosophy of Death

Postby buttlicking22 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:42 pm

That could work.

User avatar
StayThirstyMyAguila
Definitely not Eric
Posts: 1272
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:16 pm
Location: The depths of Archaide.

Re: Philosophy of Death

Postby StayThirstyMyAguila » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:37 pm

I'm pretty sure (correct me if I'm wrong) that life comes before death. So why do we need a philosophy for death before we can have a philosophy for life?
Just an observation :twisted: .
On another note, we don't have a collective philosophy for life. We don't all follow a set system of morals. We all follow the Flimsy Moral Standards, and occasionally the Random Number Of Not Commandments, Suggestions. Beyond that we use common sense and the sense of right and wrong He, the one of the starchiest appendages, endowed us with.

User avatar
Skeptical Skepticism
Conchigliette Convert
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:42 pm

Re: Philosophy of Death

Postby Skeptical Skepticism » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:31 pm

buttlicking22 wrote:You cannot have a philosophy for life until you first have a philosophy of death. ~Some Smart Bugger

Does anybody have a philosophy of death?


My philosophy of death is similar to Arnold Rimmer's in Red Dwarf.

"It's like being on holiday with a group of Germans."

User avatar
ChowMein
Brewmeister
Posts: 1937
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:38 am
Location: Southern part of the Great White North

Re: Philosophy of Death

Postby ChowMein » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:11 am

Skeptical Skepticism wrote:
buttlicking22 wrote:You cannot have a philosophy for life until you first have a philosophy of death. ~Some Smart Bugger

Does anybody have a philosophy of death?


My philosophy of death is similar to Arnold Rimmer's in Red Dwarf.

"It's like being on holiday with a group of Germans."


:lol: :haha: :haha:

User avatar
Cardinal Fang
Lord of Linguini
Posts: 1376
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: A dungeon on Viltvodle VI

Re: Philosophy of Death

Postby Cardinal Fang » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:58 pm

Wasn't Rimmer's view on death "Only the good die young"?

CF
Image
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net


My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

User avatar
StayThirstyMyAguila
Definitely not Eric
Posts: 1272
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:16 pm
Location: The depths of Archaide.

Re: Philosophy of Death

Postby StayThirstyMyAguila » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:46 pm

Cardinal Fang wrote:Wasn't Rimmer's view on death "Only the good die young"?

CF

That's Billy Joel you're thinking of.
BOOM! (That felt reeaaaal good).

User avatar
Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk
Posts: 4086
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:45 pm
Location: off me leesh
Contact:

Re: Philosophy of Death

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:05 am

um
rrrrrrrr

et be tha tym ta dug holes an fine a chess uf stuff !!!

rrrrrrr
cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.

User avatar
Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk
Posts: 4086
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:45 pm
Location: off me leesh
Contact:

Re: Philosophy of Death

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:07 am

Ooo
rrrr
yaaa
rrrrrrr
b sur ta ta ta
rrr
bwing yer doggee wiff ya coz mayb ya gunna dug hup bonez
rrrrrrrrrrr
cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.


Return to “Scripture and Lore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests