Unsanctioned Publication and Authorship of The Loose Canon

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

DaveL
Site Admin

Unsanctioned Publication and Authorship of The Loose Canon

Postby DaveL » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:51 pm

Fellow FSMers, there have been a lot of queries regarding hard copy publication of the Loose Canon, particularly by third parties, not closely associated with this Forum. Following several unauthorized attempts to publish various versions of the Loose Canon without the permission of the Council of the Olive Gardenor its multiple contributors, we wish to make it unambiguously clear that the Loose Canon is not to be published by any third party for profit, or for any other motives not specifically authorized by the Council of the Olive Garden or FSM Forum team.

The Loose Canon is freely available at the following location: http://www.loose-canon.info/ and is supplemented by a Facebook page, which is also administered by Council of the Olive Garden: https://www.facebook.com/The.Loose.Canon/

The Council of The Olive Garden, as the approver and caretaker of these works, have no intention of allowing anyone to publish the Loose Canon as a hard copy for profit, or to fraudulently claim authorship. Doing so disrespects the tireless efforts of those that made the Loose Canon what it is.

The Council of The Olive Garden and FSM Forum Team do not endorse unauthorized works based upon “cherry-picks” of various scriptures for the benefit of others. If it is not the Loose Canon in its entirety, it’s not the Loose Canon.

For those of you who are genuinely interested in promoting the FSM through Pastafarian scripture, the best way to help the cause is to go write some yourself!! Hey, if it’s really awesome, it may be canonized.

We have provided a list of clarifications as to why we seek to protect the Loose Canon in its entirety, and why any attempts by others to put their name to these works will inevitably sink like a ‘lead balloon’.

1. If you are truly craving for your own hard copy, then best hit PRINT. We don't mind you having your own paper/ parchment/ papyrus copy. Pass it round to your friends, read it, study it, run naked though the streets with it - hey, we're not fussed. But don't think you can publish it without full permission, no matter what name you put on the cover"

2. The Loose Canon is the work of multiple authors, some of whom have since passed on to the Beer Volcano. Gaining the permission of all persons involved is not only difficult, it’s impossible (unless you have otherworldly contacts in Beer Heaven). As mentioned above, we do not endorse third party “cherry-picks” of select works for separate publication, and never will.

3. The Council of the Olive Garden respects, protects, and cherishes the many separate individual contributions that comprise the Loose Canon in its entirety. Any efforts to sell/distribute the Loose Canon in part or in full by unauthorized third parties, will not be supported by the Council of the Olive Garden, the FSM Forum, or the broader Pastafarian community.

4. Recent unauthorized attempts to sell the original Loose Canon have delayed/stalled/hindered progress on the Second Loose Canon. The sooner this issue is resolved, the quicker we can resume the additional works.

5. The Council and Administration will not respond to individual solicitations of authors with overwhelming kindness. If you canvas or harass members of this forum regarding their contributions or contact details, you can expect an appropriate response.

DaveL
for The Council of The Olive Garden
Manatee Singles
http://www.hotdugong.com

Is it June 2017 yet?

buttlicking22

Re: Unsanctioned Publication and Authorship of The Loose Canon

Postby buttlicking22 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:25 pm

DaveL wrote:Recent unauthorized attempts to sell the original Loose Canon have delayed/stalled/hindered progress on the Second Loose Canon. The sooner this issue is resolved, the quicker we can resume the additional works.

I totally agree.

How do we go about resolving the matter of unauthorized attempts to sell the original Loose Canon? The quicker it is resolved, the quicker we can resume the additional works.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

buttlicking22

Postby buttlicking22 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:29 pm

Eric has done this twice.

https://www.amazon.com/Loose-Canon-Comp ... astafarian

https://www.amazon.com/Loose-Canon-Devo ... astafarian

He can totally do it again. We need to all work together as Pastafarians and come up with a way to stop him.

DaveL
Site Admin

Postby DaveL » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:07 pm

We are not worried about Eric Whitfield. He's failed before and will fail again. But we look forward to his next attempt in June 2017 in any case.

Oh BTW, you forgot to mention his last failed attempt with Lulu. Even Lulu agreed his work was of questionable content and it was removed...(woohoo :fsm_rock: )

Questionable Content [email protected] via eruw3coppmrg6udv.5vyjk2qyxv02h1ey.ryufc.5-6zq6eai.na3.bnc.salesforce.com
11/4/16

Dear User:

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are removing the Content in question from availability and are reviewing the matter further. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Regards,

Questionable Content Team
Lulu.com
Manatee Singles

Is it June 2017 yet?

Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:19 am

rrr

Avass unka Daaaaayveeee !

oy b a huntin fur tha snipe !

rrr
i smell yeeee !!! rrr
i naym him errwik rrr
heeer snipe snipe snipe
rrrrr
cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.

The Dark Noodle
Cavatappi Cabin Boy
Location: Council of The Olive Garden, The Rev. Dr. Jo Freddie

Postby The Dark Noodle » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:04 am

Eric's response after being emailed the above statement from the Forum/Council of The Olive Garden
Russell Eric Whitfield wrote:Dear Council of the Olive Garden,

That sounds cool.

Respectfully,

Russell Eric Whitfield

We shall see if that means the message has finally sunk in, only time will tell.
:facewall: :facewall: :facewall: :facewall: :facewall:
The Dark Noodle
AKA - The Rev. Dr. Jo Freddie

The Book of Piraticus 12:1-3
I gave you brains, the ability to reason, and free will for a reason.
Please use them.
If I say something dumb, question it.
http://www.loose-canon.info/ - A really Important Collection of Words.

DaveL
Site Admin

Postby DaveL » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:34 am

Respectfully? Same sappy, patronising tone. We are reasoning with wacky here. Don't trust.
Manatee Singles

Is it June 2017 yet?

ChowMein
Brewmeister

Postby ChowMein » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:15 pm

Eric appears to be the US version of David Mabus , who has trolled the internet since 1993 .
This likely means Eric will not stop with the BS or seek help from physicians on his own accord as well .

Cardinal Fang
Lord of Linguini

Postby Cardinal Fang » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:34 pm

ChowMein wrote:Eric appears to be the US version of David Mabus , who has trolled the internet since 1993 .
This likely means Eric will not stop with the BS or seek help from physicians on his own accord as well .

(If you don't know the saga of David Mabus, some background from Skeptools)

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

DaveL
Site Admin

Postby DaveL » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:23 pm

Serial web pest of Atheist Forums, with cease and desist orders, plus get psychological help?

Tick, tick and (quite probably) tick.
Manatee Singles

Is it June 2017 yet?

Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:59 pm

rrr

i wull wite sumfin fur ye ta pubiss Unca Erwikk rrr

furst i go fink hupa storee rrr

Nate
Ziti Zealot

Postby Nate » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:35 pm

I ran naked through the streets with my copy of The Loose Canon, and I got arrested. Needless to say, I'm suing the Council of the Olive Garden.
:moon:
Pastafarianism is so great that it would receive a 9.6/10 on RateMyReligion.com, if such a website existed. :fsm_float:

Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:44 pm

i keep et in me dyapee !

i wurm an dri rrr
rrr

DaveL
Site Admin

Postby DaveL » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:58 am

Nate wrote:I ran naked through the streets with my copy of The Loose Canon, and I got arrested. Needless to say, I'm suing the Council of the Olive Garden.
:moon:

Try not doing it near the police station next time, it was a dead give away :lol:
Manatee Singles

Is it June 2017 yet?

StayThirstyMyAguila
Definitely not Eric

Postby StayThirstyMyAguila » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:22 pm

You have pleased the FSM! He of the sauciest, meatiest balls is probably dripping with both sauce and mirth (that's a good thing).
I know I laughed.
:fsm_float: :bounce: :fsm: :fsm_yarr: :pirate_fish:

Return to “Scripture and Lore”