I like magic numbers!

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Rebellious Waffle
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby Rebellious Waffle » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:57 pm

It's a perfect square, I guess. The sum of the digits is nine, another perfect square. Its second digit is two times the first.

Nudelius
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Nudelius » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:19 pm

Ok.. Here we go: (I'm still for 84 but I love to google...)

There is a webpage listing the 36 top reasons wht Aurora is better than any otherDisney princess. Pirates and Princesses go hand in hand. Conicidence? I don't think so...
http://www.radix.net/~koalatek/36aurora.html
//Nudelius
May his Holy Nudlemonster touch thee with his noodly appendage

Cogito, ergo pasta

FSM Wexio, Sweden http://www.fsmvaxjo.se (Enlish version availible)

Rebellious Waffle
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby Rebellious Waffle » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:53 pm

Anyone play Sid Meyer's "Pirates!" before?

::blinks::

Sorry, lost my train of thought.

Retrovertigo
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Retrovertigo » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:53 pm

24. The number of characters in Flying Spaghetti Monster, and number of hours in a day. Signifying His omnipresence, and the fact that at least he knows how long a day is, as opposed to the Christian idea of ID. That ought to win over some students.
"Those who invalidate reason ought seriously to consider whether they argue against reason with or without reason; if with reason, then they establish the principles that they are laboring to dethrone: but if they argue without reason (which, in order to be consistent with themselves they must do), they are out of reach of rational conviction, nor do they deserve a rational argument."
[Ethan Allen]

Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:01 pm

2 x 4 = 8

And 3 words in F S M:
24/3 = 8

:mrgreen:

Retrovertigo

Fathom

Postby Retrovertigo » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:18 pm

24 / 4 = 6
Six feet in a fathom, a very Piraty unit of measure.

fathom - v
1. To penetrate to the meaning or nature of; comprehend.
2. To determine the depth of; sound.

source: www.dictionary.com
"Those who invalidate reason ought seriously to consider whether they argue against reason with or without reason; if with reason, then they establish the principles that they are laboring to dethrone: but if they argue without reason (which, in order to be consistent with themselves they must do), they are out of reach of rational conviction, nor do they deserve a rational argument."

[Ethan Allen]

Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:44 pm

How about 86? Alone or part of a trinity of 69, 77, 86

There's the obvious cook conotation of "none" but check this out:

77-69 = 8
86-77 = 9

With the subtraction, the digits 6,7,8,9 are each represented twice. I'm sure there's lots more that could be read into this system, so shoot. 6 is still the Devil's number in my books though.

Sylvie369
Vermicelli Vizier

Re: 24

Postby Sylvie369 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:50 pm

Retrovertigo wrote:24. The number of characters in Flying Spaghetti Monster, and number of hours in a day. Signifying His omnipresence, and the fact that at least he knows how long a day is, as opposed to the Christian idea of ID. That ought to win over some students.

Okay, then, 36 AND 24. That's perfect.
He who is not busy being born is busy dying -
Bob Dylan

black bart
Resident Weevil

Gale

Postby black bart » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:05 am

Have ye never been in a Force 10 gale. Ten's got to be the number, it be easy for us pirates to use since we never had any maths lessons. Remember the ditty refering to bottles of rum me hearties:

Ten green bottles hanging on the wall,
Ten green bottles hanging on the wall,
And if one one green bottle should accidently fall..
There'd be less green bottles hanging on the wall.

News at ten etc etc
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.

Retrovertigo

Postby Retrovertigo » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:33 am

Oy... reminds me too much of car trips as a kid, and the seatbelt constantly sawing at my neck.

[Ethan Allen]

Pirat
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Pirat » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:57 pm

8 seems to be the only one we can agree on =)...
Ralphie, get off the stage sweetheart.
----------------------------------------------
Som nudlar från himmelen.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Qwertyuiopasd » Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:59 pm

as my firend nihaar says (with a great ammount of dignity and defiance): "eight does not equal infinity"

although it is a good symbolism, so yeah, I'm going for 8, and most of the stuff Doc says. i think someone should make a poll with the most agreed on numbers.

oh and Dee Dee, its just for fun. also, how many other religions have magic/special numbers? hmm? sure satanists, but nobody really likes them. besides, most satanists are just rebellious people who hate christians. WE on the other hand, are rebellious people who hate christians, but do it in a NICE way.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Qwertyuiopasd » Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:15 pm

right, but many of us are in this becuase its a counter-attack on christianity. so i guess maybe i did go a little too far, but I'm not totally off base.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.

risingfish
Conchigliette Convert

Postby risingfish » Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:49 pm

So if we can't hate Christians, can we pillage and plunder them? I mean, I just went out and bought this shiny new saber and a new eye patch, and well, it would be a shame to just throw them in the trunk and go back to my desk job...

Cerberus
Now 3.1415926% Recycled Opinions

Postby Cerberus » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:17 am

Plunder away my friend but remember to plunder equally. Don't just pick on christians, rob some jews and some mormons and some buddhists and so forth, plundering has no need for religious division; its all good.
Religious war at its very simplest is killing each other over who has the best imaginary friend.

Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Return to “Scripture and Lore”