Recipe ideas needed

Foods to make in praise of our Blessed FSM, pasta based and otherwise.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Cardinal Fang
Lord of Linguini

Recipe ideas needed

Postby Cardinal Fang » Fri May 12, 2017 9:28 am

So

My Mum needs a new kidney. I'm happy to give her one of mine, but doctors say they won't do the surgery until I shed some weight.

Thing is that after a couple weeks of diet food, I'm getting pretty bored of the low calorie recipes I know (hey - there's a reason I got some pounds on me. I don't cook low fat!!!).

So anyone got any recipes they can share?

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

PirateHelloKitty
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Re: Recipe ideas needed

Postby PirateHelloKitty » Sat May 13, 2017 7:06 pm

Soups or salads are good options to fill yourself up. The more nonstarchy vegetables, the better although sweet potatoes in moderation (one medium sized per meal). Watch the salad dressings as the oil in it is is high calorie item.

Soups: get some broth,
add many vegetables such as tomatoes, celery, carrots, zuchini, beets, onions, green beans, cabbage

some protein (egg, chicken, fish, soy chunks, beef, pork, lamb, dead animals or non-animal source of protein) teo serving sizes per 2 Litre pot of soup. You should get 4 bowls of soup.

Add some pasta or noodles sparingly. 1/4 cup dry pasta per 2 litre of soup or one serving of dry noodles (ramen type)

Add herbs and spices you like and cook until protein and veggies are tend. Add pasta last if you do not like it too mushy.

If you still are hungry and soup and salad is never enough try eating one portion of protein with half a plate of cooked vegetables.

Try to stay away from eating corn and canned beans too often. But air popped corn is good with a spare bit of butter.

Keep cut up raw veggies in the fridge for snacks such as sweet pea pods, carrots, celery, little tomatoes, cucumber slices. Wash and cut them up and put them in little bags that you can also take along with you when you go out.

I did try these almost no calorie noodles made from konjac? Flour. They taste fine and are good with veggies and sauce. You have to buy them in the refrigerated section.

Good luck for your weight loss. i hope your mom is okay for now.

Would you like some specific recipes?

Cardinal Fang
Lord of Linguini

Postby Cardinal Fang » Sun May 14, 2017 12:42 pm

Specific recipes would be fab

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.
Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Roy Hunter » Sun May 14, 2017 4:58 pm

Tonight's dinner: Tuna steak, Greek salad, coleslaw, chips, veggie kebabs.

Tuna steak (about 150g) I did on the barbecue, but you can do it on the grill or in a frying pan. One sliced chilli pepper, one sliced clove of garlic, a dab of olive oil, off you go. If you're going to do it in the oven instead, put it in a baking paper parcel with a bit of white wine or vermouth as well.

Greek salad: cucumber, green pepper, tomato, a little bit of onion, a bit of feta, some olives, oregano, mint, lemon juice, olive oil.

Coleslaw: cabbage, carrot, a bit of onion, mix some mayonnaise and water together and add the shredded ingredients to it.

Chips: cut floury potatoes into fat chip shapes, put them in the Tefal Actifry with a teaspoon of oil, 45 minutes later you have guilt-free chips.

Veggie kebabs: shallots, mushrooms, bits of green / red pepper, a dusting of smoked paprika, a dash of olive oil. Grill or BBQ.

Of course weight loss is not just about food. Get the exercise levels up, and that will change the balance. The thing is, good food will make it easier to change your exercise habits. If you are exercising more, make sure you stay hydrated. You can avoid fatigue, cramp, exhaustion etc. if your diet and hydration are right. Starting is the difficut bit, don't let your body mess it up for you.

(I am going away on holiday next week. I found a pair of shorts from a couple of years ago, 38" waist, and I can climb in- and out of them all buttoned up with my trousers on. The struggle is real, but you can win it.)
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical and cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." Bill Hicks.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." Abraham Lincoln
"Are you OK?" daftbeaker (<-- very good question, people should ask it more often.)

Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard » Mon May 15, 2017 2:54 pm

Cardinal Fang wrote:Specific recipes would be fab

CF

Ummmmmm
HOT WADDAR SOUP !

mayk a big fyer
poit waddar inna pot
boyal tha waddar
Opshunal seesonin iz a liddle bit uf spit
but oi juss drool innit
ya gonna B skinny reel fass !
rrrrrr
cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.

Return to “Food”