What are you DRINKNG right now?

Foods to make in praise of our Blessed FSM, pasta based and otherwise.

Moderator: All Things Mods

MourningStar
Bucatini Buccanneer

Re: What are you DRINKNG right now?

Postby MourningStar » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:21 pm

:drinking: :drinking: :drinking:
The circumstances of the world are continually changing, and the opinions of men change also; and as government is for the living, and not for the dead, it is the living only that has any right in it. That which may be thought right and found convenient in one age, may be thought wrong and found inconvenient in another. In such cases, who is to decide, the living, or the dead? -Thomas Paine

ItchyPirate
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby ItchyPirate » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:26 pm

Vanilla-flavored chamomile tea with honey mixed in. :zen:
Captain Itchy Pirate :fsm_yarr:

He who laughs, lasts. :lol:

"You can't argue with all the fools in the world. It is better to let them have their way, then trick them when they're not looking."
--Brom, character in Eragon by Christopher Paolini

Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:18 am

Water. Earlier I drank 40oz at one and threw up because I am diseased. I feel better having thrown up and now I am rehydrating with more water, more slowly.
[email protected]#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. [email protected]#@#@#@#@!!!
-------------------------------
The Almighty Website of Stuff, home of my poetry and other artwork and other stuff!

MourningStar
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby MourningStar » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:08 am

Coors, and Coors Light left over from Super Bowl. lol :drinking: :drinking:
The circumstances of the world are continually changing, and the opinions of men change also; and as government is for the living, and not for the dead, it is the living only that has any right in it. That which may be thought right and found convenient in one age, may be thought wrong and found inconvenient in another. In such cases, who is to decide, the living, or the dead? -Thomas Paine

ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:48 pm

Corn chips. To go with the beer that I'm eating.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

What happens when all the renewable energy runs out?
-- Victoria Ayling

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."

Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.
Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Roy Hunter » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:33 pm

ET, the Extra Terrestrial wrote:Corn chips. To go with the beer that I'm eating.

In that case I am drinking carrot sticks and hummus.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical and cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." Bill Hicks.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." Abraham Lincoln
"Are you OK?" daftbeaker (<-- very good question, people should ask it more often.)

MourningStar
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby MourningStar » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:33 am

*drinking the tears of conservatives* Because Scalia is dead.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/14/us/an ... death.html

Perhaps Human Rights in the Americas will be able to flourish now. GOP candidates are up in arms as one of their most racist, I mean loyal proponents is gone. Obama can promote a more "liberal" judge now. Liberal meaning a non-1950's era racist. :drinking:

Roving Punster
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Roving Punster » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:58 pm

MourningStar wrote:*drinking the tears of conservatives* Because Scalia is dead.

Perhaps Human Rights in the Americas will be able to flourish now. GOP candidates are up in arms as one of their most racist, I mean loyal proponents is gone. Obama can promote a more "liberal" judge now. Liberal meaning a non-1950's era racist. :drinking:

Forgive me for rebutting, but I have no idea where or how you got the impression that Scalia was a racist ... perhaps the section on Brown v. Board of Education ? I thought the article did a good job of explaining the legal doctrine of originalism - perhaps you skimmed over that part or skipped it entirely ? On the contrary, although I personally disagreed with his stance against abortion and the right to die, I greatly respected him ... until his sudden demise, he was my favorite actively serving SCJ. I'm literally gobsmacked to think some people consider him 'guilty by proximity' to the republican party, simply because he was nominated by a Republican President ... that's lazy knee-jerk reactionist reasoning, and I hesitate to even use the word 'reasoning' in that sentence. May I point out that his senate confirmation was UNANIMOUS, with everyone in BOTH parties voting for him ? He was that highly respected and liked, even by his opponents.

I encourage people to read more about him ... he was a good man, and he will be missed.
ΦΒΚ - Φιλοσοφία Βίου Κυβερνήτης ("Love of learning is the guide of life")

Roving Punster
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Roving Punster » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:01 pm

Ok, back on topic .... Strongbow Hard Cider. Very nice. Semi-dry and fairly clean compared to many other brands. Solid B+, mostly for lack of flaws rather than any standout qualities.
ΦΒΚ - Φιλοσοφία Βίου Κυβερνήτης ("Love of learning is the guide of life")

MourningStar
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby MourningStar » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:03 pm

I got caught on the hype train. I really just don't like his stance on LGBT rights, and most of the things he says and the way he says them just smacks of an arrogant jerk. Over the years I've always just heard and picked up on things he has said and saw them in the context he said them and I just didn't agree with him on many many things. Seeing the power vacuum it left, and the intense media coverage over who his successor should be or shouldn't be is just ridiculous. That and hard cider.

Strongbow was the first Hard Cider I tried, and it was so damn Monstery that you mentioned it as I mentioned it.

Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.
Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Roy Hunter » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:05 pm

We have a serious discussion section, if you want to discuss Scalia. I have no horse in this race, our judicial appointments are even more mysterious and inexplicable than yours, but I gather many people had an opinion about him...
Roving Punster wrote:
MourningStar wrote:*drinking the tears of conservatives* Because Scalia is dead.

Forgive me for rebutting, but I have no idea where or how you got the impression that Scalia was a racist ... perhaps the section on Brown v. Board of Education ? I thought the article did a good job of explaining the legal doctrine of originalism - perhaps you skimmed over that part or skipped it entirely ? On the contrary, although I personally disagreed with his stance against abortion and the right to die, I greatly respected him ... until his sudden demise, he was my favorite actively serving SCJ. I'm literally gobsmacked to think some people consider him 'guilty by proximity' to the republican party, simply because he was nominated by a Republican President ... that's lazy knee-jerk reactionist reasoning, and I hesitate to even use the word 'reasoning' in that sentence. May I point out that his senate confirmation was UNANIMOUS, with everyone in BOTH parties voting for him ? He was that highly respected and liked, even by his opponents.

I encourage people to read more about him ... he was a good man, and he will be missed.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical and cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." Bill Hicks.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." Abraham Lincoln
"Are you OK?" daftbeaker (<-- very good question, people should ask it more often.)

Robin
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Robin » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:07 pm

As of now, Matcha bubble tea~ :drinking:

ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:26 pm

Hydrogen hydroxide.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

What happens when all the renewable energy runs out?
-- Victoria Ayling

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."

daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby daftbeaker » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:28 pm

Pepsi Max. I've had a couple of pints of the stuff and, combined with the codeine, has made the inside of my head feel a bit tingly. I don't want a snooze any more though.

ET, the Extra Terrestrial wrote:Hydrogen hydroxide.

Lucky it's not dihydrogen monoxide, that stuff's dangerous :idiot:
Too old to give up but too young to rest - Pete Townshend

I would rather be a rising ape than a falling angel - Sir Terry Pratchett

I liked his explanation about what brought him to chemistry as much as the video itself - pieces o'nine

MourningStar
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby MourningStar » Wed May 25, 2016 1:16 am

RUM mixed with diet dr pepper because calories be killin' me!!!!!!!! Also............. HELLO again! Arghhhh! :drinking:

Return to “Food”