CURRENT Television

Book discussions, Author discussions, general book talk, also films.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

ChowMein
Brewmeister

Re: CURRENT Television

Postby ChowMein » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:28 pm

Television commercials...FFS!... how many women out there go about cleaning floors , cooking for their dinner parties or whatever domestic chores while wearing high heels and plastered in make-up ?

I resent being bombarded by STOOOOOPID , I see enough when i look at a mirror .

ItchyPirate
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby ItchyPirate » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:39 pm

Disney is reviving their Duck Tales series. I remember enjoying that show when I was still a young land-lubber. I might decide to add it to my regurlarly schedule mind-numbing routine.
Captain Itchy Pirate :fsm_yarr:

He who laughs, lasts. :lol:

"You can't argue with all the fools in the world. It is better to let them have their way, then trick them when they're not looking."
--Brom, character in Eragon by Christopher Paolini

daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby daftbeaker » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:46 pm

Celebrity Masterchef. For some reason Vic Reeves (very funny but bonkers comedian) is on under his real name of Jim Moir. Every time someone refers to 'Jim' I find myself wondering why they keep talking about Jim when they're looking at Vic :idiot:

Also, Rachel Stevens will be appearing in another episode :love:
Too old to give up but too young to rest - Pete Townshend

I would rather be a rising ape than a falling angel - Sir Terry Pratchett

Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.
Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Roy Hunter » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:59 am

daftbeaker wrote:Celebrity Masterchef. For some reason Vic Reeves (very funny but bonkers comedian) is on under his real name of Jim Moir. Every time someone refers to 'Jim' I find myself wondering why they keep talking about Jim when they're looking at Vic :idiot:
I met Jim / Vic at the Edinburgh Fringe when I was working there a few* years ago. Propped up the same bar of an evening... :drinking:

Vic was supposed to be the wacky onstage persona, while Jim is the real-life, sober, rational and responsible person. It would appear from some of my comedian friends that Jim and Vic are now one and the same person, and that whilst Vic might not be as funny as once he was, Jim is a hell of a lot weirder than he was before.

*OK, maybe it was about 20 years ago, but who's counting?
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical and cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." Bill Hicks.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." Abraham Lincoln
"Are you OK?" daftbeaker (<-- very good question, people should ask it more often.)

Return to “Books and Authors, Films and Directors”