What's The Last Movie You Saw?

Book discussions, Author discussions, general book talk, also films.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Rainswept
Caliph of Capitalist Fishing Pole Hobo Apologists

Re: What's The Last Movie You Saw?

Postby Rainswept » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:28 am

Zankou 2.0 wrote:mild obsessive compulsive disorder.

The words "disorder" and "obsessive" really aren't compatible with the word "mild"

Sorry Zanny, but most of the time things like that get said it's just personality quirks given a fancy name of the disease du jour. If even a % of the people had things like OCD and ADHD as think they have them, they'd be more common than colds. I'm more than a little disgusted by the frequency things get diagnosed because they are popular conditions. Everything from Carpal Tunnel to Restless legs to who knows how many other syndromes people just suddenly have in record numbers because they make the news or are featured in some movie etc.

OCD is a very real problem, it's not a habit of saying things without looking at them from all angles, and it doesn't come in "mild" flavor.
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.

Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Zankou 2.0 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:22 pm

Rainswept wrote:

The words "disorder" and "obsessive" really aren't compatible with the word "mild"

Sorry Zanny, but most of the time things like that get said it's just personality quirks given a fancy name of the disease du jour. If even a % of the people had things like OCD and ADHD as think they have them, they'd be more common than colds. I'm more than a little disgusted by the frequency things get diagnosed because they are popular conditions. Everything from Carpal Tunnel to Restless legs to who knows how many other syndromes people just suddenly have in record numbers because they make the news or are featured in some movie etc.

OCD is a very real problem, it's not a habit of saying things without looking at them from all angles, and it doesn't come in "mild" flavor.

I've never actually been diagnosed with OCD, nor do I actually think i have any symptoms which actually qualify me for the disorder.

I just tend to be obsessive, and compulsive. I didn't have tme to explain the intricacies of my personaliy quirks, so I went with a simple explanation that everyone would understand.

if you'd like, I could go over them all, though.
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

Rainswept

Postby Rainswept » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:01 pm

Figured it was something like that. For someone who's such a grammar Nazi tho, you'd think you'd be more of a definition Nazi. :D
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.

Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Zankou 2.0 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:04 pm

Rainswept wrote:Figured it was something like that. For someone who's such a grammar Nazi tho, you'd think you'd be more of a definition Nazi. :D

Oh, I am. The ability to change my opinion and eccentricities, seemingly at random, is one of my personality quirks.
--Zankou II

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein

lordpunkmonk
Mystic of Meatball

Postby lordpunkmonk » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:22 pm

Rainswept wrote:

I have ADD
Borderline ADHD
But the H part of that is more of a personality thing
--LPM lord of the apocalypse
"The man with a clear conscience probably has a poor memory." --Lawrence J. Peter
111111111 x 111111111 = 12345678987654321

Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Zankou 2.0 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:28 pm

lordpunkmonk wrote:
Rainswept wrote:

I have ADD
Borderline ADHD
But the H part of that is more of a personality thing
I do have ADHD, actually. When I'm not drugged down, I bounce of the walls and jump from topic to topic, and get into fistfights. Hell, I do that when I am on the drugs.

Fortunately, my worldview isn't altered by the medication.
--Zankou II

--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein

Rainswept

Postby Rainswept » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:32 pm

See there? Immediately 2 people claim ADD. Just how much medication (type and milligrams) are being prescribed for you two, out of curiosity?

Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Zankou 2.0 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:56 pm

60 mg Strattera, daily. I've been significantly better behaved and more attentive since I began taking it.
--Zankou II

--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein

Rainswept

Postby Rainswept » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:21 pm

I'd never heard of Strattera back when I was a kid and they were pumping me full of those drugs. (They kept upping the doses on me) I went from Ritalin to Cylert. Back then they just called it hyperactivity, none of the fancy letters they use now.

I did find this little gem on wiki tho:

A significant minority of adult male patients taking Strattera suffer minor to severe sexual side effects, including erectile dysfunction, retrograde ejaculation, painful orgasm, and the decoupling of orgasm from ejaculation, wherein ejaculation takes place up to ten seconds before or after orgasm.

Good luck with that :D

Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Zankou 2.0 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:13 pm

Rainswept wrote:I'd never heard of Strattera back when I was a kid and they were pumping me full of those drugs. (They kept upping the doses on me) I went from Ritalin to Cylert. Back then they just called it hyperactivity, none of the fancy letters they use now.

A significant minority of adult male patients taking Strattera suffer minor to severe sexual side effects, including erectile dysfunction, retrograde ejaculation, painful orgasm, and the decoupling of orgasm from ejaculation, wherein ejaculation takes place up to ten seconds before or after orgasm.

I don't have a problem with that. I'm not an adult, though.

Well, it's helped me significantly.

*shrugs*
--Zankou II

--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein

Taidje Khan
Agnolini Admiral

Postby Taidje Khan » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:03 am

Zankou 2.0 wrote:decoupling of orgasm from ejaculation, wherein ejaculation takes place up to ten seconds before or after orgasm.

Listen, I need to buy some of that medication off of you. Three or four doses should be enough. PM me. Money is no object.
R.I.P. George Carlin

FSMMA record: 19-4-0

"My head is bloodied, but unbowed."

~NoodleDemon~
Brewmeister

Postby ~NoodleDemon~ » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:00 pm

Rainswept wrote:I'd never heard of Strattera back when I was a kid and they were pumping me full of those drugs. (They kept upping the doses on me) I went from Ritalin to Cylert. Back then they just called it hyperactivity, none of the fancy letters they use now.

Good think I take Concerta instead.
I hope you're on the recieving end of an improbability equation wherein something happens to you that's as unlikely as Rob Schneider winning a best actor Oscar on the same day Michael Jackson single handedly captures Osama Bin Laden. ~ Rainswept

O.K. Everything else is just stuff you do while you are waiting to have sex. Sin. WoE. ~ Warlord of Elephants

Image Image Image

Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Zankou 2.0 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:43 pm

~NoodleDemon~ wrote:

Good think I take Concerta instead.

Concerta made me depressed and caused me to gain a significant amount of weight.

Bleh. Strattera ftw.
--Zankou II

--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein

~NoodleDemon~
Brewmeister

Postby ~NoodleDemon~ » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:38 pm

Zankou 2.0 wrote:
~NoodleDemon~ wrote:Good think I take Concerta instead.

Concerta made me depressed and caused me to gain a significant amount of weight.

Bleh. Strattera ftw.

Meh. It did the opposite for me, but I was still pissed.

I think I'll find a new one.
I hope you're on the recieving end of an improbability equation wherein something happens to you that's as unlikely as Rob Schneider winning a best actor Oscar on the same day Michael Jackson single handedly captures Osama Bin Laden. ~ Rainswept

O.K. Everything else is just stuff you do while you are waiting to have sex. Sin. WoE. ~ Warlord of Elephants

Image Image Image

Hqrsie
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Hqrsie » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:08 am

Finally watched Live Free or Die Hard

Yipee Ki Yay!
If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere committing evil deeds, an it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?
--Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Return to “Books and Authors, Films and Directors”