The Passive-Aggressive Game

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Monobaz
Farfalle First Mate

Re: The Passive-Aggressive Game

Postby Monobaz » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:59 pm

Thankyou lads for your kind sentiments, I much appreciate it. But where is the "aggressive" part of your respective posts? You're likely to be banned by Nef Yoo if you are not careful!

Nef Yoo BlackBeard wrote:Ban ! Ye ban urban yeban ye banan yye ban! Rrrrrr
"There was a time when religion ruled the world. It is known as the Dark Ages." Ruth Hurmence Green

daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby daftbeaker » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:24 am

It's great that you're trying to understand how to play this game.
Too old to give up but too young to rest - Pete Townshend

I would rather be a rising ape than a falling angel - Sir Terry Pratchett

Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.
Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Roy Hunter » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:28 am

I suppose I can't really blame you for not reading back through this thread. It is long and quite boring, I'm afraid.
Roy Hunter wrote:[out_of_character]Proper passive-aggressive behaviour involves being angry and judgemental about someone or something, but rigidly keeping up the appearance up that you are not angry or judgemental. That is why you turn the blame on yourself or someone / something else rather than the person you are talking about (in the context of this game, the previous poster). It should be obvious, however, that the 'someone' you are talking about, or the 'these people' to whom you allude, is in fact the previous poster. Alternatively, you can say something in such a way that it is perfectly obvious that you mean the diametrically opposite thing.[/out_of_character]
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical and cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." Bill Hicks.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." Abraham Lincoln
"Are you OK?" daftbeaker (<-- very good question, people should ask it more often.)

daftbeaker

Postby daftbeaker » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:52 am

It's fine that you didn't understand I was talking to Monobaz.

No, really, it's no problem at all.

Monobaz
Farfalle First Mate

Postby Monobaz » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:53 am

Try as I may to understand this game I just don’t seem to “get it” largely because certain confounded Moderators/Administrators (who shall remain nameless) keep interrupting the natural flow of the thread which in turn is only natural because they are simply doing their jobs but given they are paid the big bucks one could be forgiven for assuming they might be slightly less intrusive and allow us plebs to play albeit ever so poorly owing to the fact we have no idea of what we are doing and so we/I take full responsibility for the completely unjustified and unnecessary intervention. Thankyou for putting this situation right.
"There was a time when religion ruled the world. It is known as the Dark Ages." Ruth Hurmence Green

Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.
Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Roy Hunter » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:17 am

Oops. My bad. I'll shut up now, shall I?
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical and cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." Bill Hicks.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." Abraham Lincoln
"Are you OK?" daftbeaker (<-- very good question, people should ask it more often.)

Monobaz
Farfalle First Mate

Postby Monobaz » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:40 am

Excuse the sly lips Roy, I was just practicing. Lord knows a slight shove in the right direction was certainly in order because I am so very new at this game I need every bit of moderating you can muster.

daftbeaker

Postby daftbeaker » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:35 am

It's nice that you've realised your incompetence :idiot:

Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:27 pm

^ Pooface
cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.

pennefromheaven
Ziti Zealot

Postby pennefromheaven » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:25 pm

OK granted "pooface" is always a classic (and brilliant I might add) aggressive comeback, but it is missing the passive element. Now, perhaps if you were to say........."really appreciated your last comment, it must have been a bit difficult to deliver so eloquently with a tidbit of poo on your face". ding ding round 2 for penne, hey you guys awake here? Shake a leg - wake up boyz

pennefromheaven
Ziti Zealot

Postby pennefromheaven » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:30 pm

I've heard knuckle dragging can be quite bothersome, have you ever wrapping them?

Monobaz
Farfalle First Mate

Postby Monobaz » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:34 pm

Yes, at times I am a bit of a knuckle-dragger, I do seem to be forever buying new gloves for protection. I am delighted that some people recognise my debilitating condition and deem it necessary to illuminate the fact in full view of the entire forum which benefits me greatly by facilitating my social integration. As my dear old dad used to say “have broad shoulders son” and now because of the many years of unintentional ridicule I am built like two separate gorillas!

Griffin
WatsonOfSherlock

Postby Griffin » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:02 pm

I once had to look after two gorillas but they talked too much.
Grand Deducer Watson of Sherlock. NoName, no pack drill. Astral zone changed five times a day (flexible). Great at manifesting parking spaces by thought control. Hatred of terminology of survivors and commitment to win-win reality.

Monobaz
Farfalle First Mate

Postby Monobaz » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:54 am

Well that might be so Mr Red White and Blue (rhymes with) you dirty cockatoo and I sincerely apologise for the latter unintentional remark but I was distracted by Nef Yoo’s reference to poo and as a consequence I became ensnared by word endings sounding like “oo” of which you used three too, “to”, “two” and “too”, which on this occasion does not equal six but reminds me of the story of the potty mouthed parrot recently found in Melbourne that talks more than the two separate gorillas remarked above.

Griffin
WatsonOfSherlock

Postby Griffin » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:34 pm

Which said, reminds me of the Mynah birds at Waddington Manor, where they have so many American visitors to the aviary that the birds say, in an American accent "what sort is that? what sort is that? what sort is that?" and so on. I won't mention the cockatoo as I might get blamed for too many twos.
Grand Deducer Watson of Sherlock. NoName, no pack drill. Astral zone changed five times a day (flexible). Great at manifesting parking spaces by thought control. Hatred of terminology of survivors and commitment to win-win reality.

Return to “Games, Fun, and Jokes”