What is Your Theme Song?

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Escargot
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Escargot » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:52 am

I can't really think of any song that would describe me... well, maybe Highway Star by Deep Purple, but I guess it's just because I love that song so much.
My candle burns at both ends
It will not last the night
But ah my foes and oh my friends
It gives a lovely light

boghog
Lord of Linguini

Postby boghog » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:11 am

Right now I have a few theme songs, depending on my mood:

- "All I Ask of Myself (is That I Hold Together)" - Ned's Atomic Dustbin
- "Let the Bad Times Be" - Junior Brown
- "Sing, Sing, Sing" - Benny Goodman (orig. Louis Prima, but the Goodman version is just... wow.)
- "When the Night Feels My Song" - Bedouin Soundclash
- "Born Slippy" - Underworld
- "Rusty Cage" - Johnny Cash (orig. Soundgarden)
Now Hypercaffeinated! Share and Enjoy!

Keep Saturn in Saturnalia!

You catch more flies with BS than you do with honey.

Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Duke » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:21 pm

My theme song of late is Crazy--Gnarles Barkly, but in other news..... :D

Or maybe it's Where Is My Mind--The Pixies. :twisted:

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen

johngalt
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby johngalt » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:27 pm

If I had to decide now, it would be "The Introvert Song" by Peter Mayer.
"Giving up is what kills people. It's only when you refuse to give up that you truly transcend your human self." Alucard, Hellsing by Kouta Hirano

Damnant quadnon intelligunt - They condemn what they do not understand.

Sibling Alchemical

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Qwertyuiopasd » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:35 pm

perhaps something instrumental, like Carol of the Bells by Trans-Siberian Orchestra.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.

Duke

Postby Duke » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:40 am

If I went with instrumental, it would be one of these:

O Fortuna--Carl Orff,

Marche Slave--Tchaikovsy,

or

L'Inverno--Antonio Vivaldi, but the William Orbit version is ambrosia for the ears.

Mmmmmmmmmm..................

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Qwertyuiopasd » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:01 am

I like Requiem For a Dream, but can't fuggin find it.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.

vallerand
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby vallerand » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:24 am

I torn between Badlands and The Promised Land from Darkness on the Edge of Town.

Duke

Postby Duke » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:14 pm

Soundtracks! The best movie soundtrack of all time is the soundtrack to Amores Perros.

'S true.

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Qwertyuiopasd » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:57 pm

singidunum wrote:
Qwertyuiopasd wrote:I like Requiem For a Dream, but can't fuggin find it.

You mean the soundtrack from the movie?

anything. I know the song, I've heard bits of it, most of it I think.. and I know its called "Requiem for a dream" and I think its from the Titanic sountrack, but I can't find the page there for iTunes, and I'm not even sure its that.

isn't it by Kronos Quartet?

Duke

Postby Duke » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:10 pm

I've never heard it, but I might track it down, if it's good. :D

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen

LibraLabRat
Humble Hermit

Postby LibraLabRat » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:52 am

IF you wanna go fave songs, for the longs my theme song was "88 lines about 44 women" by They Might Be Giants.

Particle Man as well...

Weird Al..

Now, as far as MEtal, I was a long haired, mullet wearin 80s headbanger. I mourned when Headbangers Ball went off the air.

Old Metallica, Megadeth, Deicide, Judas Priest, hometown bands like Exorder, Helloween, Beelzebubba.....

(Of course at that time I was also a closet Billy Joel fanatic...)

Gapemouth Brown, Zaedeco, Joel Sonier, Clifton Chenier, and other Cajun music was common at home.

SInce I grew up southern, Lynyrd SKynyrd was a must...especially since the night I was born was Oct 14, 1977 the night the plane went down in Mississippi.
'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes."
-James Morrow

GlowInTheDarkBlonde
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby GlowInTheDarkBlonde » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:16 am

To be honest, ''Welcome to my life" by Simple Plan is a pretty accurate representation of the early teen years of my life. The first time I heard the song I was shocked by just how much I could relate to the song. But then I guess that most teens would relate to that song in one way or another. As for what I like, my favourites are "I hope you dance" by ???, "Lips of an Angel" by ???, "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol, and that new song by the Dixie Chicks ("I'm not ready to make nice" or something like that)
whoever said nothing is impossible, never tried slamming a revolving door....
---------------------------------------------------
Due to the length of my name, you may now refer to me as "blondie". It'll save you typing time.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Qwertyuiopasd » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:11 pm

whats 'lips of an angel' about? (I know, I'm quizing you)

its a good song though.

I like Through The Glass, as I think I already said. and hate me.

as for harder rock... Rammstein and Marilyn Manson. particularly "this is the new Sh*t"

rebel rebel b*tch b*tch rabble rabble party party sex sex sex and don't forget the violence blah blah blah got your lovey dovey set in lovey stick your stupid slogan and everybody sing along!

Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:26 pm

GlowInTheDarkBlonde wrote:To be honest, ''Welcome to my life" by Simple Plan is a pretty accurate representation of the early teen years of my life. The first time I heard the song I was shocked by just how much I could relate to the song. But then I guess that most teens would relate to that song in one way or another.

Selling angst music to teens is like shooting fish in a barrel. We've all (all who've passed through the teen years in the 80's/90's/00's, I suspect) gone through that "wow this is exactly how I feel" moment with certain music.

Early Offspring for me, IIRC. Poor, poor, Offspring. Someone should have choked on their vomit in that band a few years back.

Return to “Games, Fun, and Jokes”