Cartoon Of The Day...

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

AFTERGLOW
Commander of Cartoons

Re: Cartoon Of The Day...

Postby AFTERGLOW » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:21 pm

Ahoy, me Hardies!

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg..

AFTERGLOW
Commander of Cartoons

Postby AFTERGLOW » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:23 pm

Ahoy, me Hardies!

PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby PKMKII » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:06 pm

"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré

bonsaiherb
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby bonsaiherb » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:16 pm

Obama - Greater than a God!

The Hindu god which resembles Obama is Shiva in his form as “Lord of the Dance”, not Vishnu/Preserver'Caregiver/Observer. As i remember both have only has 4 arms, not 6 like in this cartoon, so his destruction is considerably less! But Obama certainly is a dancer!

Brahma the Generator...........................G
Vishnu the Observer...............................O
Shiva the Destroyer.................................D

Bramha: Creator
VIshnu: Caregiver
Shiva:Destroyer

What the heck, cartoons always have much leeway, a few extra ARMS don't matter unless they are Nuclear.

Cardinal Fang
Humble Hermit

Postby Cardinal Fang » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:05 pm

I think Obama is dammed if he does, dammed if he doesn't when it comes to Syria. He can't back the Syrian Government because they are an evil autocratic dictatorship who gasses its own people (although that didn't bother the US when Saddam Hussain gassed the Kurds in Halabja); he can't back the rebels because they're nearly all Islamic fundamentalists allied to either Al-Qaida or ISIL (the moderates are few and far between and have either been chased out, killed, or joined the fundamentalists). He can't even back the Kurdish resistance because they are allied (some of them) to the PKK, who are designated a terrorist organistation, and we don't want to alienate the Turkish Government who don't seem to like the Kurds in any form (to the extent of suppressing language, culture, and persecuting non-violent Kurdish political organisations).

And yet it is demanded by the chickenhawks that He Must Do Something. So we bomb ISIL but don't coordinate it with anyone, try to give armed support to some Kurdish fighters but not others, and all in all get our knickers in a twist. The UK is in the same position and as equally befuddled.

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

Griffin
WatsonOfSherlock

Postby Griffin » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:33 pm

The UK now has another problem to mull over as it turns out some Brits are fighting with the Syrian Rebels against ISIL so they need to decide if they arrest them on return to UK like the ones fighting with ISIL. If it wasn't all so dreadful, I am afraid I would find this delema quite funny (humorous).
Grand Deducer Watson of Sherlock. NoName, no pack drill. Astral zone changed five times a day (flexible). Great at manifesting parking spaces by thought control. Hatred of terminology of survivors and commitment to win-win reality.

bonsaiherb
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby bonsaiherb » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:14 pm

it is demanded by the chickenhawks that He Must Do Something. So we bomb ISIL but don't coordinate it with anyone, try to give armed support to some Kurdish fighters but not others, and all in all get our knickers in a twist. The UK is in the same position and as equally befuddled.

This was from Cardinal Fang and Griffin added his own astute comment.

Latest news being that by bombing some other Syrian 'freedom fighters,' and rebels against Assad we are now becoming the best recruiters for ISSIS/ISIL.
DUH ... just get out of there and let the Turks, Saudi's Iranians, Jordanians, Egyptians and Israelis deal with it. God knows we have sold them enough arms. Instead of FRANCE, BRITAIN and in a minor way the USA dividing up the Levant, let them deal with it. As for the Iraqi Kurds, they would be the only ones I would give weapons too. They finally need to have a say in how this new Middle East is divided once again.

What a sad commentary on a cartoon. Send the umbrellas soon !!!!
BTW my own website got totally weird-ed out and I will be trying to fix it when I get some good answers to what happened. In the meantime I will tryi to upgrade my cooking and return to my escapist trashy books.Image

PKMKII

Postby PKMKII » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:18 pm

"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré

AFTERGLOW
Commander of Cartoons

Postby AFTERGLOW » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:31 pm

Ahoy, me Hardies!

AFTERGLOW
Commander of Cartoons

Postby AFTERGLOW » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:36 pm

Ahoy, me Hardies!

PKMKII

Postby PKMKII » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:18 pm

bonsaiherb
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby bonsaiherb » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:44 pm

PKMKII

Sad but true. Throw in the militarization of the police (grenade launchers and tanks) and we are a totally messed up society.
Hope we can find some more lighthearted cartoons. Returning to the Liberty theme I will try to upload an OLD one. Sorry if its a repeat.

HEY it worked. So .png and .jpg formats are okay. Wonder about .gifs
One only sees the upper torso, who knows what the bottom part is getting into.

Where are the Merkel and Putin cartoons? I remember a Bush JR. incident with him being overly friendly to Merkel and she looked like she could eat his balls off.

PKMKII

Postby PKMKII » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:23 pm

PKMKII

Postby PKMKII » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:56 pm

Cardinal Fang
Humble Hermit

Postby Cardinal Fang » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:01 pm

It does amaze me that so many Republicans are queuing up to defend torture/ "enhanced interrogation techniques" as necessary. They're not even pretending to be ashamed of it.

It least it does look like the report might be giving Obama the traction he needs to have another go at closing Gitmo.

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

Return to “Games, Fun, and Jokes”