Logic, IQ, and Lateral Thinking Problems.

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

User avatar
ChowMein
Brewmeister
Posts: 1947
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:38 am
Location: Southern part of the Great White North

Re: Logic, IQ, and Lateral Thinking Problems.

Postby ChowMein » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:08 am

daftbeaker wrote:
Nef Yoo BlackBeard wrote:I fink ye shood b moar care full wen ye rites down thee nummers unca daff

I sayd: 8 + 8 + 9 + 0 = VI

yoo rote 8 + 8 + 9

and 8 + 8 + 9 ≠ VI uncca daff

cleerly, 8 + 8 + 9 = V

Yes, yes, whatever you say. Clearly if you have V bowls of stoo and add 0 bowls to them, you end up with VI bowls of stoo. It's perfectly logical, I'm the crazy one :idiot:

ChowMein wrote:Nope , noice try , the bus is currently at an intersection stop making a passenger exchange and the driver is assisting a lady with a cane .

So the bus is stopped then? :idiot:


Okay , the passengers have boarded , the driver is a holy migjit , the traffic light has turned green , they are moving again .
Left or right ?

User avatar
Mad Willyum Bonney
Admiral of Incomprehensibility
Posts: 3767
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:34 am
Location: Bedlam

Re: Logic, IQ, and Lateral Thinking Problems.

Postby Mad Willyum Bonney » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:08 am

Inside a green house is a white house .
Inside the white house is a red house full of babies .
What am I ?
Remembering St. John
Remembering Auntie DeeDee
Remembering Black Bart
Remembering Pieces o' Nine
Remembering Rainswept

User avatar
ChowMein
Brewmeister
Posts: 1947
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:38 am
Location: Southern part of the Great White North

Re: Logic, IQ, and Lateral Thinking Problems.

Postby ChowMein » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:18 am

A small one has six feet but no legs , a large one 100 feet yet no legs .

What am I ?

User avatar
Mad Willyum Bonney
Admiral of Incomprehensibility
Posts: 3767
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:34 am
Location: Bedlam

Re: Logic, IQ, and Lateral Thinking Problems.

Postby Mad Willyum Bonney » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:38 am

16 , 06 , 68 , 88 , __ , 68

Fill in the blank

( I solved the kid version easy enough , without the clue though , i likely would have given up )
Remembering St. John
Remembering Auntie DeeDee
Remembering Black Bart
Remembering Pieces o' Nine
Remembering Rainswept

User avatar
ChowMein
Brewmeister
Posts: 1947
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:38 am
Location: Southern part of the Great White North

Re: Logic, IQ, and Lateral Thinking Problems.

Postby ChowMein » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:55 am

Ahoy Daft ! Did ye read thus ?

Nef Yoo BlackBeard wrote:This dissertation is based on empirical research pursuant to the Logic/Lateral Thinking problem posed by Uncle ET on page 133 of this thread. Some interesting facts may be defined if the function “ƒ” is operational. It is important to note ƒ may operate on numerals and letters alike and it is also case sensitive. Although ƒ may operate on Roman Numerals, this is only the case when dealing with values approaching 500 (D) and so Roman Numerals are an useful adjunct to this discussion. For the purpose of this dissertation we assume ƒ is “on” unless otherwise stated.

Consider the ten numerals: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.

0, 4, 6, 8 and 9 are “holy” numbers, praise be thee Flying Spaghetti Monster. 0, 4, 6 and 9 = I and 8 = II, otherwise the remaining numerals, 1, 2, 3, 5, and 7 equate to nil. I hesitate to specify “zero” or “0” owing to ƒ being “on” in which case zero = II and 0 = I. Note case sensitivity in this case does not apply and zero = ZERO = II. Let us now contemplate the remaining numerals in sequence:
1 = nil but not zero or “0” as indicated. 1 ≠ one because one = II.
2 = nil but not two. In this case two = I and it is not case sensitive and two = TWO.
3 = nil but three = II. Here case sensitivity applies whereby three = II and THREE = I.
4 = I and four = I but case sensitivity applies and FOUR = II.
5 = nil and FIVE is also nil but five = I.
6 = I but not six or SIX. SIX and six both equate to nil.
7 = nil and SEVEN is also nil but seven = II.
8 is the holiest of all numerals, praise be to the Flying Spaghetti Monster because 8 = II. However, EIGHT equates to nil but eight = III.
9 = I and nine = I, but nine ≠ NINE since NINE = nil.

Acknowledgements
Oi wood lyke 2 wecognise the effurts off alla uffer kiddies at Portsmiff Pyrite Public Skool Creche 4 dere unfailin suppawt an dere contwibooshun towarsd thee riting off diss doccamint.

Fank ye , ye welcum !
NYBB
(age 3)


AHA ! Daft , I see thee prollum , you are not applying the function !

Simply do so and you will agree that thee answer be 2 and proof that 2 = 2 .

User avatar
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.
Posts: 9898
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:11 pm
Location: Here

Re: Logic, IQ, and Lateral Thinking Problems.

Postby daftbeaker » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:13 am

ChowMein wrote:Ahoy Daft ! Did ye read thus ?[surprisingly understandable writing from the creature from the black latrine]

Yes. I then promptly ignored it :haha:

ChowMein wrote:Okay , the passengers have boarded , the driver is a holy migjit , the traffic light has turned green , they are moving again .
Left or right ?

Right, it can't go left because it would fall off the edge of the screen :idiot:
Too old to give up but too young to rest - Pete Townshend

I would rather be a rising ape than a falling angel - Sir Terry Pratchett

User avatar
ChowMein
Brewmeister
Posts: 1947
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:38 am
Location: Southern part of the Great White North

Re: Logic, IQ, and Lateral Thinking Problems.

Postby ChowMein » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:20 am

daftbeaker wrote:
ChowMein wrote:Ahoy Daft ! Did ye read thus ?[surprisingly understandable writing from the creature from the black latrine]

Yes. I then promptly ignored it :haha:

ChowMein wrote:Okay , the passengers have boarded , the driver is a holy migjit , the traffic light has turned green , they are moving again .
Left or right ?

Right, it can't go left because it would fall off the edge of the screen :idiot:


Nope , tsk tsk can't even hit 50/50?

User avatar
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.
Posts: 9898
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:11 pm
Location: Here

Re: Logic, IQ, and Lateral Thinking Problems.

Postby daftbeaker » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:06 am

ChowMein wrote:
daftbeaker wrote:
ChowMein wrote:Okay , the passengers have boarded , the driver is a holy migjit , the traffic light has turned green , they are moving again .
Left or right ?

Right, it can't go left because it would fall off the edge of the screen :idiot:


Nope , tsk tsk can't even hit 50/50?

Ok, it's going right because it's reversing :idiot:
Too old to give up but too young to rest - Pete Townshend

I would rather be a rising ape than a falling angel - Sir Terry Pratchett

User avatar
Mad Willyum Bonney
Admiral of Incomprehensibility
Posts: 3767
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:34 am
Location: Bedlam

Re: Logic, IQ, and Lateral Thinking Problems.

Postby Mad Willyum Bonney » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:07 pm

ChowMein wrote:
daftbeaker wrote:
ChowMein wrote:Ahoy Daft ! Did ye read thus ?[surprisingly understandable writing from the creature from the black latrine]

Yes. I then promptly ignored it :haha:

ChowMein wrote:Okay , the passengers have boarded , the driver is a holy migjit , the traffic light has turned green , they are moving again .
Left or right ?

Right, it can't go left because it would fall off the edge of the screen :idiot:


Nope , tsk tsk can't even hit 50/50?


Yarr ! Thee bus be travling left ! Cos ye sayd roight be rong . yarr
Remembering St. John
Remembering Auntie DeeDee
Remembering Black Bart
Remembering Pieces o' Nine
Remembering Rainswept

User avatar
ChowMein
Brewmeister
Posts: 1947
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:38 am
Location: Southern part of the Great White North

Re: Logic, IQ, and Lateral Thinking Problems.

Postby ChowMein » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:23 pm

^ ^ :nefyoobash: :furious: :whip:
No !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two girls are having dinner at a restuarant .
Throughout the course of the meal one girl orders five iced teas that she guzzles down a soon as she gets them .
The other orders just one iced tea which she drinks slowly .At the end of the meal , the second girrl becomes ill and dies , the first does not .
why ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Second mate Mad Dog Mcflanagan solved this quick .

User avatar
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.
Posts: 9898
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:11 pm
Location: Here

Re: Logic, IQ, and Lateral Thinking Problems.

Postby daftbeaker » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:21 pm

ChowMein wrote:^ ^ :nefyoobash: :furious: :whip:
No !

The bus is going down because it's just driven over a sinkhole and there's no road underneath it? :idiot:

ChowMein wrote:Two girls are having dinner at a restuarant .
Throughout the course of the meal one girl orders five iced teas that she guzzles down a soon as she gets them .
The other orders just one iced tea which she drinks slowly .At the end of the meal , the second girrl becomes ill and dies , the first does not .
why ?

The iced teas contain homeopathic hydroxocobolamin, an antidote to cyanide poisoning. As we all know, homeopathy uses substances that cause symptoms to cure them. As hydroxocobolamin cures cyanide poisoning in large doses, in homeopathic doses it actually causes cyanide poisoning. The girl drinking the five iced teas rapidly concentrated the hydroxocobolamin back to allopathic doses so it had no effect but the one iced tea remained at a dilute potency and so killed her :idiot:
Too old to give up but too young to rest - Pete Townshend

I would rather be a rising ape than a falling angel - Sir Terry Pratchett

User avatar
ChowMein
Brewmeister
Posts: 1947
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:38 am
Location: Southern part of the Great White North

Re: Logic, IQ, and Lateral Thinking Problems.

Postby ChowMein » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:17 pm

daftbeaker wrote:
The puddy kat wrote:^ ^ :nefyoobash: :furious: :whip:
No !

The bus is going down because it's just driven over a sinkhole and there's no road underneath it? :idiot:

puddy kat also wrote:No , level road , perfect ride , loverly weather , hot babes everywhere .


and lastly puddy wrote:Two girls are having dinner at a restuarant .
Throughout the course of the meal one girl orders five iced teas that she guzzles down a soon as she gets them .
The other orders just one iced tea which she drinks slowly .At the end of the meal , the second girrl becomes ill and dies , the first does not .
why ?

Daftbeaker then wrote: The iced teas contain homeopathic hydroxocobolamin, an antidote to cyanide poisoning. As we all know, homeopathy uses substances that cause symptoms to cure them. As hydroxocobolamin cures cyanide poisoning in large doses, in homeopathic doses it actually causes cyanide poisoning. The girl drinking the five iced teas rapidly concentrated the hydroxocobolamin back to allopathic doses so it had no effect but the one iced tea remained at a dilute potency and so killed her :idiot:


No , but hot on track , ye in the marrket for a musket enhancer ?

User avatar
ChowMein
Brewmeister
Posts: 1947
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:38 am
Location: Southern part of the Great White North

Re: Logic, IQ, and Lateral Thinking Problems.

Postby ChowMein » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:22 pm

Mad Willyum Bonney wrote:Thee bus be travling left ! Cos ye sayd roight be rong . yarr


Dammit , valid but NO! daft gits .

User avatar
Errol_Fin
Cannelloni Cannoneer
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:46 am

Re: Logic, IQ, and Lateral Thinking Problems.

Postby Errol_Fin » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:00 pm

DB , stay out of the water matey , we tend to go for the slow ones :lech:

Tell ' im again Roy .

.
Roy Hunter wrote:You need the explanation as well as the answer.
Fish are friends

User avatar
Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk
Posts: 4230
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:45 pm
Location: off me leesh
Contact:

Re: Logic, IQ, and Lateral Thinking Problems.

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:39 pm

daftgit wrote:
puddy wrote:Ahoy Daft ! Did ye read thus ?[surprisingly understandable writing from the creature from the black latrine]
fank ye unca daff
Yes. I then promptly ignored it :haha:
ye band!
puddy din wrote:Okay , the passengers have boarded , the driver is a holy migjit , the traffic light has turned green , they are moving again .
Left or right ?

Right, it can't go left because it would fall off the edge of the screen :idiot:


It gowin leff unca daff :welcome: :idiot: :drinking: :confused: :lurk: :moon: :fsm_rock: :facepalm: :grin: :fsm_ninja: :shellfish: :shrug: :bounce: :sleep: :fsm_yarr: :bummer: :bummer: :bummer:

:moon: :moon: :moon: :fsm_rock: :haha: :idiot:
cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.


Return to “Games, Fun, and Jokes”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests