Cool Quotes

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

ken worley
King of the Pervs

Postby ken worley » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:36 am

"Vici, Veni......."

What is Latin for, "Was mocked and ridiculed by an angry, disappointed woman"?

Beardyoldblaggard
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Beardyoldblaggard » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:59 am

that would be "subsannare me" and, conveniently, would be adequate to include any demeaning gestures she might employ

Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:11 am

"Veni, Vidi, Visa"
--I Came, I Saw, I Shopped.

"Veni, Vidi, Veggie"
--I Came, I Saw, I Had a Salad

"Veni, Vidi, Virus"
--I Came, I Saw, I Got a Cold

Beardyoldgit wrote:"vidi, vici, veni"

--I Saw, I Conquered, I Came
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant. Except in cases of accidental microaggressions, in which case please explain it, so that we may better understand.

Scxcrunner
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Scxcrunner » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:39 am

Douglas Adams once said:

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
"When all is one and one is all,
To be a rock, and not to roll."
-Led Zeppelin

[Devil's Advocate]

Rev. Rowan Redbeard

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:42 am

Redd Foxx wrote:Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant. Except in cases of accidental microaggressions, in which case please explain it, so that we may better understand.

Beardyoldblaggard
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Beardyoldblaggard » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:49 am

Rev. Rowan Redbeard wrote:

yes, it's a sad old brit "laddish" (read also: loutish) attempt at boasting about female conquest thing, from about thirty years ago.

Rev. Rowan Redbeard

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:29 am

Unknown wrote:Life is a sexually transmitted disease.

capidosia
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby capidosia » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:51 pm

Beardyoldgit wrote:

yes, it's a sad old brit "laddish" (read also: loutish) attempt at boasting about female conquest thing, from about thirty years ago.

sounds like the more fun way round to me :D
i wanted to put something intellegent here, but thinking hurt too much

(please ingore any gramitical or spelling mistakes... the keyboard at my work is nackered.. and the idiot who uses it has no spell checker, and a learning dissablity... so bear with me please.)

Rev. Rowan Redbeard

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:33 am

Winston Churchill wrote:The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

black bart
Resident Weevil

Chav

Postby black bart » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:31 am

Ye two eyed land lubbin chav!

Black Bart, from the Pirate Insult Epic
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.

Beardyoldblaggard
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Beardyoldblaggard » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:42 am

We are animals; we live, we die, we rot.

me, on the main page havin' a bit rant

Rev. Rowan Redbeard

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:54 pm

Brian Pickrell wrote:The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity. But not in that order.

ken worley
King of the Pervs

Postby ken worley » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:14 am

Steve Coogan (as Alan Partridge) wrote:"You may remember, at the end of last week's show, I sacked my house band, and their leader, Glenn Ponder...
That's TV, they had to go...
So would you please welcome my new resident house band, The Eagles!!!.....or, rather, don't! Don't welcome the Eagles, because Glenn has put a stop to that.
This week, he obtained a court injunction preventing his dismissal, prior to an industrial tribunal, to be held at the end of the series...
So will you now please welcome, not double-platinum-selling rock stars The Eagles, but Ipswich based hotel lobby wine bar band, Glenn Ponder and Lazarus...."

black bart
Resident Weevil

Hydrogen

Postby black bart » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:31 am

Brian Pickrell wrote:The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity. But not in that order.

You be givin us plenty o hydrogen matey!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.

Rev. Rowan Redbeard

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:26 pm

Rudyh wrote:Life is like a role of toilet paper; hopefully long and useful, but it always ends at the wrong moment.

Return to “Games, Fun, and Jokes”