Funny stuff found on the intrawebs ver. 2.0

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Re: Funny stuff found on the intrawebs ver. 2.0

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:21 am

This article from the Boston Globe was written by a guy I've known since about 1965, my brother's best friend. My brother is one of the guys in the article doing the revisiting. See if you can guess which one is my brother. :haha:

I think it's hilarious. And yes, I know all three of these guys, and I know exactly where they are throughout the whole article.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

What happens when all the renewable energy runs out?
-- Victoria Ayling

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."

bonsaiherb
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby bonsaiherb » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:10 am

Postby gronank on Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:28 am
If that tickled your fancies, I know you'll enjoy this

http://www.thescambaiter.com/forum/inde ... -complete/

OMG,

Is this guy for real? Treating scum like this is understandable but edging them on is [???] .

Russian Mafia, Romanian, Triads, Yakusi or even Nigerian nitwits is not worth it.

I suppose this is one case of Internet masturbation might end up in a terminal hard on - in a coffin!

DUMB

gronank
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby gronank » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:12 pm

Cardinal Fang wrote:Not sure I'd be able to keep something like that going that long. That is read dedication to scamming a scammer

CF

What I don't understand is how the scammer can stick with it in the long game. At best it is a waste of time, at worst they're exposing themselves to law enforcement. Maybe they're just not very proffessional in the scamming bussiness.
Disclaimer: Anything I say on topics of Politics, Economics, Pychology, History, really anything not concerned with the natural sciences and mathematics and especially topics concerning human behavior and/or thoughts, that is not associated with a proper reference is pure speculation on my part.

Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.
Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Roy Hunter » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:19 am

Prime Minister's Questions yesterday:

George is having:
a- a stroke
b- a shit in his pants
c- half a dozen eckies
d- the mother of all hangovers
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical and cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." Bill Hicks.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." Abraham Lincoln
"Are you OK?" daftbeaker (<-- very good question, people should ask it more often.)

Griffin
WatsonOfSherlock

Postby Griffin » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:49 pm

Looks like he's being controlled by invisible strings attached to Cameron's arm.
Grand Deducer Watson of Sherlock. NoName, no pack drill. Astral zone changed five times a day (flexible). Great at manifesting parking spaces by thought control. Hatred of terminology of survivors and commitment to win-win reality.

daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby daftbeaker » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:57 pm

Roy Hunter wrote:Prime Minister's Questions yesterday:

George is having:
a- a stroke
b- a shit in his pants
c- half a dozen eckies
e - the realisation that the UK economy is totally up the spout and he's going to be responsible for explaining why before the next election

Fixed :idiot:
Too old to give up but too young to rest - Pete Townshend

I would rather be a rising ape than a falling angel - Sir Terry Pratchett

Cardinal Fang
Humble Hermit

Postby Cardinal Fang » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:43 pm

You think they'll still try to blame Labour anyway?

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby daftbeaker » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:10 pm

Cardinal Fang wrote:You think they'll still try to blame Labour anyway?

I don't see why not, Labour are still blaming Thatcher for stuff that happened 2 decades ago.

It would seem the phrase 'sorry, we were in charge then and we made mistakes' is totally incapable of passing any politician's lips :furious:
Too old to give up but too young to rest - Pete Townshend

I would rather be a rising ape than a falling angel - Sir Terry Pratchett

Griffin
WatsonOfSherlock

Postby Griffin » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:16 pm

But it is so silly when the financial crisis was world wide. It just back-fires and makes them look idiotic. Now Thatcher.........that's a different kettle of fish.

I don't think GO will try to explain anything. He will just gloss over it as if there isn't an elephant in the chamber.
Grand Deducer Watson of Sherlock. NoName, no pack drill. Astral zone changed five times a day (flexible). Great at manifesting parking spaces by thought control. Hatred of terminology of survivors and commitment to win-win reality.

Roy Hunter

Postby Roy Hunter » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:26 pm

Griffin wrote:...as if there isn't an elephant in the chamber.

Now THAT would explain the facial expression, if he's got an elephant in his chamber.

Roy Hunter wrote:Prime Minister's Questions yesterday:

George is having:
a- a stroke
b- a shit in his pants
c- half a dozen eckies
e- an elephant in his chamber
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical and cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." Bill Hicks.
"Are you OK?" daftbeaker (<-- very good question, people should ask it more often.)

gronank
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby gronank » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:04 pm

daftbeaker wrote:It would seem the phrase 'sorry, we were in charge then and we made mistakes' is totally incapable of passing any politician's lips :furious:

Well, actually, Sweden's former minister of finance, Anders Borg, once admitted (and wasn't even pressured to) that they prematurely took away compulsory unemployment insurance. I mean, yeah, it has never happened before or since as far as I can remember so perhaps it was out of the ordinary.
Disclaimer: Anything I say on topics of Politics, Economics, Pychology, History, really anything not concerned with the natural sciences and mathematics and especially topics concerning human behavior and/or thoughts, that is not associated with a proper reference is pure speculation on my part.

Roy Hunter

Postby Roy Hunter » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:27 pm

Nordic folks are weird, though. After those Icelandic banks went bust, the government indemnified private savers, not the companies, and sent the bankers to jail. I mean, it's almost like the politicians work for the people and not the corporations?
:confused:

gronank
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby gronank » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:41 pm

Then again, we vote for the politicians we like the most, not those that isn't the ones we like the least.

PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby PKMKII » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:23 am

gronank wrote:Then again, we vote for the politicians we like the most, not those that isn't the ones we like the least.

I'm an American and I have no idea what you're talking about.
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré

Griffin
WatsonOfSherlock

Postby Griffin » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:30 pm

PKMKII wrote:
gronank wrote:Then again, we vote for the politicians we like the most, not those that isn't the ones we like the least.

I'm an American and I have no idea what you're talking about.

Actually, I'm not sure that's what happens here, unless I've misunderstood the double negative.

I always end up voting for the one that might keep the other one from winning, because wherever I live I never seem to have a good MP or the right party. My current MP was one of the worst expenses culprits. However, I am now not going to vote on that basis any more at all since I hate all of them. I might even vote Monster Raving Looney who I probably actually agree with more than anyone else. :facewall: (that's assuming the whole of Western democracy, which we've tried so hard to sell elsewhere, doesn't collapse first).

Return to “Games, Fun, and Jokes”