United States of America

Wanna get together to pillage something, or just to have a bowl of pasta? Schedule it with your fellow Pastafarians here.

Moderator: All Things Mods

MourningStar
Bucatini Buccanneer

Re: United States of America

Postby MourningStar » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:37 am

So Cal here, but I plan on Moving back up to Portland, OR in the next few years here.
The circumstances of the world are continually changing, and the opinions of men change also; and as government is for the living, and not for the dead, it is the living only that has any right in it. That which may be thought right and found convenient in one age, may be thought wrong and found inconvenient in another. In such cases, who is to decide, the living, or the dead? -Thomas Paine

ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:06 am

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:Kick me in the tooth! I am sorry about that, I should do a better job of saying hi here. Do you hit up Boston with any regularity? I'll be here for another two and a half years, at least. Or are you particularly far up in Maine? Because I know to just get in the state at all is not too distant, but for some reason my image of you is in some remote inaccessible outhouse deep in the woods.

My shack is centrally located in Maine, about 45 minutes (in Maine, we measure distance in units of time) north of Augusta. Roughly three and a half hours from Boston. I usually end up in Boston about once a year for some family-related event - I have two brothers who both live on the North Shore. Unfortunately, I've had to take a second job recently, which has severely limited anything resembling free time, at least for a while. But with a two-year-plus window, I'm sure I'll be down there at some point with enough time for a pint. Watch this space for updates, and if you need something down there let me know. I still have a few friends left in the real world.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

What happens when all the renewable energy runs out?
-- Victoria Ayling

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."

Rev. Daniel Scott
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Rev. Daniel Scott » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:11 am

Roving Punster wrote:
Rev. Daniel Scott wrote:We are many. I personally know of significant followings in Houston, Texas and across Wisconsin.

When I clicked on the doctoral dissertation in your signature, I got a 404 ERROR ... got an updated link ?

http://forum.venganza.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20941
Page 9
Pastafarian Doctoral Dissertation: Accepted

Completed Works:

Biblical
OP:
Ghettisis (CH 1-10 complete)
He Who is a Servant of FSM
Narwhal
Couscousum
Zozuniah
To Build or Not To Build
Covenant of Olive

NP:
Midas
Sailamon
2, 3 ParmaJohn
Jude's Kitchen

Confucian
Confusion Analects: Book I

~~~~~Qapla', sak-khet, saith.~~~~~
~~~~~~Finna ilian un atra du~~~~~
~~~~~~evarínya ono varda.~~~~~~
~~~~Mára mesta, Eywa ngahu.~~~~
~~(tlhIngan, Rihannsu, Quenya...)~~

dukes
Lord of Linguini
Location: Still lost in the ozone, somewhere east of Machias, Downeast Maine

Postby dukes » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:32 pm

Trust me to be the one late to the party. Twas allus thus. It's easy to find my digs - get a map of Maine and go as far to the east as possible before they ask for your passport. About three miles back from that point, that's where I am. If there are any other Pastafarians around here I do not know of them but I did see a local bloke post something on FaceBook that he picked up over here, mebbe a year ago.

Not too far from here - as the barque sails - are a few harbors once used by pirates. (No, I do not mean the annual Pirate Festival those guys across the water in Eastport do every summer. They use airplanes and motorcycles, and don't come here under sail.)
Christ you know it ain't easy,
You know how hard it can be.
The way things are going
They're gonna crucify me.

----------
Ballad of John and Yoko

Edd
Stripmeister

Postby Edd » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:46 pm

My home is in central Texas. San Antonio, to be precise.

We're a cosmopolitan place; I have friends, acquaintances, and co-workers from around the globe who now reside here. More than half of the population, however, is Hispanic or latino (myself included, on my mother's side), which means the predominant religion is Catholicism. As a result, atheists, Satanists, and followers of satirical religions tend to keep a low profile, although, there is one brave soul I've noticed driving around with an FSM car emblem that I hope to one day meet.
"Oook." - The Librarian

Visit the new and improved Agnoistrology.com!

ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:12 pm

How can you meet an emblem?
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

What happens when all the renewable energy runs out?
-- Victoria Ayling

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."

Edd
Stripmeister

Postby Edd » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:16 am

ET, the Extra Terrestrial wrote:How can you meet an emblem?

According to Merriam-Webster, one definition of meet is 'to receive or greet in an official capacity," so I'll go with that one.
"Oook." - The Librarian

Visit the new and improved Agnoistrology.com!

StayThirstyMyAguila
Definitely not Eric

Postby StayThirstyMyAguila » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:56 pm

I'm from Connecticut personally, so yes, I am 'Merican as all that.

R'Amen, and Praised Be To His Noodly Appendages! (PBTHNA!)

Return to “FSM Gatherings”