The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

This is the section that includes the forum rules, and standard operating procedures. You can't post to the rest of the forum until you've posted here. Don't bother trying.

Moderators: Other Stuff Mods, Serious Mods, All Things Mods, phpBB2 - Administrators

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Qwertyuiopasd » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:04 pm

what can I say lingaudi, I just post avidly. if not rabidly. I used to be 2nd, but duke took that place... and Dee Dee dosen't really count, since she's the admin and has been here since june almost...
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.

teh_meli
Conchigliette Convert

Postby teh_meli » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:36 am

Griffin wrote:Hi tel_meli, adorn yourself with eye patch and parrot and join the fun.

yar! the eye patch I shall wear. especially since pirates are one of my 3 favorite things. As for the parrot, that shall be replaced by my kitty. She is a pirate kitty and likes to perch on shoulders and go "arrr!"

haggis_n_pasta
Conchigliette Convert

Postby haggis_n_pasta » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:38 pm

Thanks for the welcome Griffin, I snuck a look at the brilliant pirate name generator so from henceforth I will also answer to: Cap'n Shakira Dullblade
Find the fun in fundamentalism, come to N W Scotland

Griffin
WatsonOfSherlock

Postby Griffin » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:44 pm

A dull blade - that would inflict the most painful injuries on the scurvy pirate enemies.
Grand Deducer Watson of Sherlock. NoName, no pack drill. Astral zone changed five times a day (flexible). Great at manifesting parking spaces by thought control. Hatred of terminology of survivors and commitment to win-win reality.

Shane
Ziti Zealot

Postby Shane » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:05 pm

Not so much a new convert here, as just finally having enough "conviction" to post. :)

Cheers everyone.

Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Alpaca » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:08 pm

Whoa! Nice. You make me a newbie.

Welcome.

Nada
Ziti Zealot

Postby Nada » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:12 am

Hello. I have come here to worship the Flying Spaghetti Monster and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

DaveL
Site Admin

Postby DaveL » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:25 am

Hi Nada,

Welcome to the forum of His Holiness The Great Noodly One. May you find great fulfilment in the ingestion of his noodles. May you find comfort in his many sauces. And may garlic bread forever be on your plate.

Blessed are the Cheesemakers!

RAmen
Loosely Canonising and keeping it free for all Pastafarians
http://www.loose-canon.info/

The Black Pigs First Mate
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Hello. Arrr.

Postby The Black Pigs First Mate » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:01 pm

Ahoy and Avast ye lubber. Yo Ho Ho and a jar of Bolognaise sauce.

I’ve just been admonished by Griffin for not introducing myself before posting. To atone for this misdemeanour, I will flagellate myself with al-dente vermicceli when I next visit the shrine of the venerable Dimbleby close to the holy spaghetti tree. (Yes it’s on the web).

May his noodleness forgive my transgressions. :worship: :D

pirateprincess
Conchigliette Convert

Postby pirateprincess » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:53 pm

I am a pirate!!! I feel that maybe this will be a good belief system for me, since I mainly subsist on ramen as a college student. Tell me something fascinating about FSM!!!!

Griffin
WatsonOfSherlock

Postby Griffin » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:08 pm

Welcome pirateprincess. A fascinating fact about the FSM is that he would far rather The Black Pigs First Mate ate the al-dente vermicceli than used it for flagellation.

BP First Mate, visiting the Shrine of Dimbleby is more than enough to attone for any misdemeanor if His Noodliness percieves misdemeanours which is unlikely.
Grand Deducer Watson of Sherlock. NoName, no pack drill. Astral zone changed five times a day (flexible). Great at manifesting parking spaces by thought control. Hatred of terminology of survivors and commitment to win-win reality.

Robilyn
Ziti Zealot

Postby Robilyn » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:53 pm

Howdy everybody! Unbelievably I have been living in His Noodly enlightenemnt since August, but only found my way to this forum just today. From reading The Rules, it seems that this had best be where I post first, unless I want Noodly lashings. So, word up, dogs? I look forward to much fun posting. Snakes are cool--don't run over them! After all, they were clearly made in His Image.

:-)
----------
Robyn

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Qwertyuiopasd » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:59 pm

indeed. along with DNA, plant roots, tree branches, and numerous other things. welcome, and you get a gold star for behaving and posting here first! yaaaaaay!
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.

PirateKingOfTheGoldCoast
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby PirateKingOfTheGoldCoast » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:43 pm

Yar, and ahoy to you all.

Not sure why it took me so long to make it here. I have been a follower for quite sometime now.

Name is Clay, but you all can call me Fergus.
Fergus: The Pirate King of the Gold Coast

Everyone makes sacrifices, mine just happen to be to the Dark Lord of the Underworld.
-Random T-Shirt

happykat
Conchigliette Convert

Postby happykat » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:06 pm

:D
I like a good, touchy feely noodle.
Kat

Return to “Standards and Practices”