The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

This is the section that includes the forum rules, and standard operating procedures. You can't post to the rest of the forum until you've posted here. Don't bother trying.

Moderators: Other Stuff Mods, Serious Mods, All Things Mods, phpBB2 - Administrators

geekier_than_thou
Conchigliette Convert

Postby geekier_than_thou » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:02 pm

Ahoy there. I'm geekier_than_thou, and I have recently been touched by his noodly appendage. I dunno why it took me so long to find this place. Ah well, I'm here now. Yar.

:worship: :fsm:

Tansy the Terrible
Stele Second Mate

Postby Tansy the Terrible » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:04 pm

Hello and welcome geeky!
You might get some contraversy over the name though... I for one would argue that I am *much* geekier than thou. :D
"Okee dokee doggie daddy!"

geekier_than_thou
Conchigliette Convert

Postby geekier_than_thou » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:06 pm

Ah well, we'll leave that up for debate shall we? It also depends on ones defenition of geeky, so...

Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Alpaca » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:59 pm

I dunno... we have some pretty geeky folk here...

Who may or may not administrate the forum....

Whose usernames may or may not include Alpaca...

Welcome!

User Name
Conchigliette Convert

Postby User Name » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:44 pm

Did I win?

I guess I'm new here. Saw the FSM site a while ago, great stuff right there.

I don't know hwat to say now...

Oh, and Sinoda converted me.

LISTEN TO BLACK SABBATH

YOU GOT FROHWNED!

We are a factory that produces apple pies for whales.

beagle
Brewmeister

Postby beagle » Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:05 am

Welcome "User Name",

You've won access to the beer volcano and stripper factory, which sounds pretty good to me. In celebration of the conversion of a Black Sabbath fan we should probably all meet in the chapel, and sing that great hymn, "Paranoid".

Goat Starer
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Goat Starer » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:03 am

what ho and avast!

I am the Goat Starer. More about me can be found here....

http://www.freewebs.com/anthonywad_2000/index.htm

along with a lovely pirate game!

I was touched by the Noodly appendage on a bus (see left) and since then have been promoting the TRUTH wherever I can (see http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/brunel/U1457398 )

I finally decided to come and meet you all.
Best regards

Goat

--------------------------

"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas." - George Bernard Shaw

User Name
Conchigliette Convert

Postby User Name » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:47 am

beagle wrote:Welcome "User Name",

You've won access to the beer volcano and stripper factory, which sounds pretty good to me. In celebration of the conversion of a Black Sabbath fan we should probably all meet in the chapel, and sing that great hymn, "Paranoid".

The beer volcano and stripper factory! Oh boy! To the chapel!

LISTEN TO BLACK SABBATH

YOU GOT FROHWNED!

We are a factory that produces apple pies for whales.

Aleba
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Aleba » Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:33 pm

Hello there,
I am a new convert to the worship of our lord and pasta.

I am from England, and I seek only to bath in his saucy goodness.

I was told by a friend ( who is living in kansas) about this
and I belive she is also on these hallow forums but I know not her name here.

I belive strongly in what you guys are doing, and the way in which you are doing it. all I can say is thank you.

And yes I know thats alot of "I"s but then I dont know enough to have lots of "yous"

beagle
Brewmeister

Postby beagle » Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:02 pm

Welcome Aleba and Goat Starer,

There are quite a few Brits here (partly because of our deep ideological commitment, but mostly because somebody mentioned beer and strippers). Have a look here to find a pirate near you. Also Pirate Discussion is stuffed full of us, reflecting our rich maritime heritage, and tendency to thieve things.

Don't worry too much about the egomania. Along with selective assassination it's a useful evolutionary technique for moving up the posting tables. However it is best to retain the veneer of politeness and respect in your posts, as there are creatures here highly evolved (sorry - well designed) to smite those of us who transgress. I'm sure that won't be a problem.

By the way, are you sure that was His Noodleyness you saw on the bus Goat Starer? Looks more like an owl with varicose veins to me. Not that I want to knacker your Damascene conversion moment you understand.

Griffin
WatsonOfSherlock

Postby Griffin » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:54 pm

Hadn't discovered the bbc h2g2 - now I have. Thanks Goat Starer. :fsm_float:
Grand Deducer Watson of Sherlock. NoName, no pack drill. Astral zone changed five times a day (flexible). Great at manifesting parking spaces by thought control. Hatred of terminology of survivors and commitment to win-win reality.

Goat Starer
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Goat Starer » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:31 pm

beagle wrote:
By the way, are you sure that was His Noodleyness you saw on the bus Goat Starer? Looks more like an owl with varicose veins to me. Not that I want to knacker your Damascene conversion moment you understand.

Blasphemy! you are well on the way to causing a schism with the Bradford (First Bus is the Chosen Transport for our Noodly Master - He Renders Leaflets Redundant) Chapter.

Nice to be here though!
Best regards

Goat

"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas." - George Bernard Shaw

Goat Starer
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Goat Starer » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:33 pm

Griffin wrote:Hadn't discovered the bbc h2g2 - now I have. Thanks Goat Starer. :fsm_float:

fantastic if quite incoherent place. It was a dream of Douglas Adams long before the BBC took the project on and long may it survive. It suffers however from being linked to all their other message boards.
Best regards

Goat

northstardomus
Conchigliette Convert

You should rename the instructions

Postby northstardomus » Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:51 am

From Intro Thread to: The New Convert Thread...

Or is that the test to get in?

And I'm sure you've had that suggestion before. THANKS!!!
It never ceases to amaze me, the things smart people will overlook in the name of religion.
It never ceases to scare me, the things dumb people will do in the name of religion.
However, in certain cases, religion is a necessary evil.

Griffin
WatsonOfSherlock

Postby Griffin » Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:05 am

Welcome northstardomus - love the name.

It could be a test but since it doesn't actually test one's faith in the FSM it seems more useful to name the New Convert thread. Thanks for the suggestion.
Grand Deducer Watson of Sherlock. NoName, no pack drill. Astral zone changed five times a day (flexible). Great at manifesting parking spaces by thought control. Hatred of terminology of survivors and commitment to win-win reality.

Return to “Standards and Practices”