The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

This is the section that includes the forum rules, and standard operating procedures. You can't post to the rest of the forum until you've posted here. Don't bother trying.

Moderators: Other Stuff Mods, Serious Mods, All Things Mods, phpBB2 - Administrators

johnjohnston
Conchigliette Convert

Postby johnjohnston » Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:11 pm

Hey, I'm new here. Just wanted to say hi.
These emoticons are great.

The Black Pigs First Mate
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby The Black Pigs First Mate » Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:37 pm

Welcome, J.J.

Any relation to Long John Johnson? :pirate_fish: :pirate_fish: :pirate_fish:

tree captain
Conchigliette Convert
Location: Brixton, London. Home of the real pasta/rastafarians.

Postby tree captain » Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:04 pm

I agree, these emoticons are actually amazing!

hi, i'm a new convert, i came across pastafarianism through a not-so-subtle mention in the UK comedy series, Green Wing.

:fsm_float:

beagle
Brewmeister

Postby beagle » Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:39 pm

Goat Starer wrote:
beagle wrote:
By the way, are you sure that was His Noodleyness you saw on the bus Goat Starer? Looks more like an owl with varicose veins to me. Not that I want to knacker your Damascene conversion moment you understand.

Blasphemy! you are well on the way to causing a schism with the Bradford (First Bus is the Chosen Transport for our Noodly Master - He Renders Leaflets Redundant) Chapter.

I recant unreservedly; just jealous that His Noodlyness has yet to reveal him/herself to me in iconic form on the buses, on toast, as condensation in double glazing, or in any other of the traditional forms of divine revelation.

Welcome Tree Captain, what did they say about us on Green Wing?

tree captain
Conchigliette Convert
Location: Brixton, London. Home of the real pasta/rastafarians.

Postby tree captain » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:03 pm

aha. well, even if you don't know the character names, i'm leaving them in.

Guy and Martin were having an argument at lunch, so Guy put a load of spaghetti on Martin's head (there was a resemblence to a certain divine being) and then said "now you're a pastafarian".

and thus, i was converted. :worship: :fsm:

you can find the clip on youtube, but it cuts out before he calls him a pastafarian. foolish, foolish youtube.

btw thanks for the welcome, it's nice to be here.

Goat Starer
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Goat Starer » Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:15 pm

tree captain wrote:I agree, these emoticons are actually amazing!

hi, i'm a new convert, i came across pastafarianism through a not-so-subtle mention in the UK comedy series, Green Wing.

:fsm_float:

blimey. watch green wing zealously and missed that reference. what was it?
Best regards

Goat

--------------------------

"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas." - George Bernard Shaw

Griffin
WatsonOfSherlock

Postby Griffin » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:41 pm

What is it about Green Wing? It has me giggling helplessly and insanely to the point where I think the neigbours will call an ambulance.
Grand Deducer Watson of Sherlock. NoName, no pack drill. Astral zone changed five times a day (flexible). Great at manifesting parking spaces by thought control. Hatred of terminology of survivors and commitment to win-win reality.

HughJundeez
Conchigliette Convert

Postby HughJundeez » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:55 pm

Salutations from a fellow Pastafarian. May the archangel Cindi Lauper shine her light upon your starchy sustenance so you have the strength to find your way into the hall of frozen heads.... :mrgreen:
People who wear diapers don't have time to waste.

Goat Starer
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Goat Starer » Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:10 pm

Blimey. I watched that and was giggling so hard I failed to spot the reference. Further proof that His Noodly Self can be invisible EVEN whilst plain to see! magic!
Best regards

Goat

--------------------------

"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas." - George Bernard Shaw

Griffin
WatsonOfSherlock

Re: Hello. Arrr.

Postby Griffin » Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:34 pm

The Black Pigs First Mate wrote:I’ve just been admonished by Griffin for not introducing myself before posting.

Hey, Goat Starer, you have graduated, you aren't a new convert. You don't need to introduce yourself any more. Especially now you've seen the Green Wing episode :fsm_float: :mrgreen:
Grand Deducer Watson of Sherlock. NoName, no pack drill. Astral zone changed five times a day (flexible). Great at manifesting parking spaces by thought control. Hatred of terminology of survivors and commitment to win-win reality.

JackMcMac
Conchigliette Convert

Postby JackMcMac » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:36 am

I am a new convert to FSM, and have already purchased a pirate costume to appease His noodly wrath. I am planning to wear it for my next university lecture.

beagle
Brewmeister

Postby beagle » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:54 am

Welcome JackMcMac,

That's a great idea, though you may want to discuss it with the university senate first if you are a lecturer rather than a student.

Latentk
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Latentk » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:39 pm

Hello everyone. After hearing the blurb on CNN, and coming across a Pastafarian on the Pure Pwnage forums, I was led to here. I have read through the site, and loved all that I heard. So here I am.
Oderint dum metuant.

Griffin
WatsonOfSherlock

Postby Griffin » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:05 pm

Welcome Latentk. You've actually read through ALL the pages of the Last Post?!?!! You are most truly worthy of praise.

NewspeakIsUngood
Conchigliette Convert

Postby NewspeakIsUngood » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:48 am

I recently was convinced to follow the doctrine of intelligent design, and after researching my options discovered that pastafarianism must be the true path. It was at dinner one night when I discovered that he had left his mark on the plate in front of me, and then I realized that his noodly appendage must be present in all things. :fsm_rock:

Also, I'm in Ft. Collins CO, and if there's anyone else here that would be interested in doing some FSM missionary work, please contact me through PM or otherwise.

Return to “Standards and Practices”