The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

This is the section that includes the forum rules, and standard operating procedures. You can't post to the rest of the forum until you've posted here. Don't bother trying.

Moderators: Other Stuff Mods, Serious Mods, All Things Mods, phpBB2 - Administrators

Aeger
Bucatini Buccanneer

Aeger says hi

Postby Aeger » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:09 am

I'm not a new convert in any respect, in fact I've been frequenting this forum for a year or so, I think. Actually I only just realized that this thread was here, and in my highly intoxicated state it seemed like a good idea to say 'ello.

So, without further ado:

'ello
I am anti-"txt talk." I support good grammar. I am part of the "Save the Vowels" movement. For your sanity and mind, type out your damn words.

Thank you

Aeger
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Aeger » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:13 am

Observant individuals will pick up that I've only posted 11 times, and that with this in mind it seems unlikely that I've been around for a year.

Well, I have. I do FSM activism locally, and rarely come to the forum.

Now, as it is 2:30 I think I shall do the only thing a logical, FSM loving Pastafarian would do at that time in the morning...

I shall have another beer.
I am anti-"txt talk." I support good grammar. I am part of the "Save the Vowels" movement. For your sanity and mind, type out your damn words.

Thank you

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Qwertyuiopasd » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:05 pm

sleep? pssssh.

its summer. who needs sleep?
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.

Swatopluk
Chef Shaman of Hauro Pasta

Postby Swatopluk » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:15 pm

Difficult to fall asleep by night and difficult not to by day.
Onward noodly pirates!
Bactrian Moose

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Qwertyuiopasd » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:57 pm

isn't it the truth?
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.

Swatopluk
Chef Shaman of Hauro Pasta

Postby Swatopluk » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:20 pm

Yes, indeed.
Onward noodly pirates!

Bactrian Moose

wiredup
Conchigliette Convert

Postby wiredup » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:50 pm

Tried to spread the word to girlfriends mother, turns out she's a devout catholic and doesn't really appreciate the fact that teaching intelligent design next to evoloution is a bit silly, i'm not allowed round to her house anymore.

eye like it -> :shellfish:
"God does not exist"
-- Karl Marx
"Karl Marx does not exist"
-- God

Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby Sir Francis Drake » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:52 pm

Gotta say, WU, I love your avatar! Bananas?! We have a whole thread about bananas. Bananas are rather prominent around here. One might say that they are the accepted (rather than forbidden) fruit.

Please assure your friend that we are not anti-religious. There actually is a place for religion in schools: as an elective called "Religion", "Theology" or the like. To place it in the Science catagory is where we draw the line. Science involves things that can be measured. God can't be measured, therefore God is not a scientific subject.
Taste the truth, savor the satire, pass the pasta!

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau

Flyne
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Flyne » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:22 pm

Hi I'm Jesus. Not in the traditional sense, but in the sense that I found some guy named Jesus (who lives in Italy)'s social security number.

Alright, no more being Jesus. Anyways, I'm just posting here because you said to.

:worship: :fsm:

Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Alpaca » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:51 pm

Heh... Welcome. In accordance with our policy of religious tolerance, we don't mind you here, as Jesus or otherwise.

Aeger
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Aeger » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:55 pm

Someone once called me Jesus, but mostly people just refer to me as "Hey, you in the bushes."

Thank you

Al Dante
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Al Dante » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:04 pm

I might be Jesus too.

I don't think of myself as Jesus, But my bosses are always yelling at me, "Jesus, can't you do anything right?"

So maybe.

- messianicAL

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Qwertyuiopasd » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:53 pm

I've met 2 people, I think, named Jesus. its pronounced Hey-zeus though.

of course, if my spouse agrees, I'm naming my kids Hitler, then jesus.

Hitler, stop making fun of Jesus!

oh the hilarity... and the public school history classes. *evil laughter*

Grey
Farfalle First Mate

Postby Grey » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:33 pm

Qwerty, you are an evil fellow. :mrgreen:

Welcome, Flyne.
The revolution has abandoned you. You're on your own now.

The Eleventh Commandment: Thou shalt not get caught.

fueledbycoffee wrote:America has a long and hallowed tradition of irrational tax evasion and belligerence. We are the national equivalent of the Nac Mac Feegle. And we're the leaders of the free world. Damn, now I've scared myself shitless.

Capellini
Capolean Bone-apart

Postby Capellini » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:46 pm

Qwerty,

Might I recommend Cain and Abel instead? Less likely to offend millions of people, and perhaps even with greater potential for humor.

What I can guarantee is that Hitler will die a lonely man, as no woman would ever date, let alone marry, a man named Hitler.
True terror lies in the futility of human existence.

Malcolm Reynolds is my co-pilot.

"The only freedom deserving the name, is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. Each is the proper guardian of his own health, whether bodily, or mental and spiritual. Mankind are greater gainers by suffering each other to live as seems good to themselves, than by compelling each to live as seems good to the rest." - John Stuart Mill

Return to “Standards and Practices”