The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

This is the section that includes the forum rules, and standard operating procedures. You can't post to the rest of the forum until you've posted here. Don't bother trying.

Moderators: Other Stuff Mods, Serious Mods, All Things Mods, phpBB2 - Administrators

Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Alpaca » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:27 pm

Welcome! Maybe you can help us make a legal argument for FSMism being taught in school.

Pittfan34
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Pittfan34 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:14 am

Proud to join the church of intelligent design hope to convert the entire city of pittsburgh

:worship: :fsm_float:
BELIEVE

Shooting Star
Farfalle First Mate

Postby Shooting Star » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:35 am

Welcome Pittfan34! The University of Pittsburgh is my alma mater. You have joined a fun and very diverse forum.

Like your avatar, GO PANTHERS!
"If you resist reading what you disagree with, how will you ever acquire deeper insights into what you believe? The things most worth reading are precisely those that challenge our convictions." Oliver Wendell Holmes

dukes
Lord of Linguini
Location: Still lost in the ozone, somewhere east of Machias, Downeast Maine

Postby dukes » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:34 pm

Pittfan34: Glad to have another eastcoaster here. In New Jersey (you know - that place across the river) there aren't too many Pastafarians.
Christ you know it ain't easy,
You know how hard it can be.
The way things are going
They're gonna crucify me.

----------
Ballad of John and Yoko

qaz
Conchigliette Convert

Postby qaz » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:45 pm

Being a somewhat tall man I fear I have never been touched by noodly appendages. I have been searching for my saviour for sometime but have never felt the presence of one. Being only recently pointed in the direction of the FSM I've begun to notice signs that beckoned me to post here. When I first visited the sight it caused a hearty laugh which made me accidently spill my ale and as I reached under the desk to retrieve it, there the FSM was! some may write my vision off as the twisted cables of an ancient computer that have long been neglected but I swear I saw the image of his most holy noodlyness! Several days later I was going about my work, I was driving around listening to the radio (yes truck drivers are as lazy as they look) when my second vision appeared. A seemingly innocent pothole struck the right front tire of my truck and then he appeared! A twisted mass of divine tentacles flailing about in front of me! I reached for them but alas when I touched them it seemed to be it was only the coax cable from my roof mounted CB, apparently it had fallen from its neatly stored location. Am I not worthy of a simple touch from him?! Am I doomed to an eternity of washing dishes and 2nd rate beer? I humbly ask for salvation and to be touched just once by his most wonderous noodle. Show me the PASTA!

PS. Given that I'm tall, if I'm touched and get a bit shorter, where does the height go? One can only pray that it goes into the noodle.

qaz
Conchigliette Convert

Postby qaz » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:58 pm

What a bummer, how does the 30 day god back gaurantee work if you don't have a god to start with? aargh well I might just as well stick with it for another 29 days.

pmk
Conchigliette Convert

integrating FSM into family worship cycle

Postby pmk » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:55 pm

I worship my wife. She worships our German Shepherd puppy. He worships me. None of us are midgets. I just want to make that clear. Not that it matters. But we're not. Anyway, if I begin to worship His Glutinous Glory, will our family's cycle be broken, or can I somehow secure a guarantee that He might occasionally worship our cat, who might be cajoled to worship my wife, thereby making the circle once again whole? Perhaps atheism was simpler, but it just lacks too many holidays for my lifestyle. That is all; return to your duties. --pmk
you'd hate evolution too if it had done as little for you

Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:02 pm

Perhaps the three of you are like the three corners of a piece of trenne, and all a part of His Noodlyness. Be sure to share a little pasta with your puppy (if it's a canine-healthy recipe) and I think the FSM will be pleased. There are a few men here with their own personal Goddesses, and He doesn't mind at all.

Welcome aboard!

jobberknoll
Conchigliette Convert

Postby jobberknoll » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:25 pm

Wotcher! My name is Rachel and I'm here to pose a few questions on the FAQ thread, get a less nebulous idea of what His Noodlyness expects from a proper Pastafarian, and look up to you all for better-worded pleas against unnecessarily blinkered curriculums in the sciences.

Poincare's Stepchild
Lord of Linguini

Postby Poincare's Stepchild » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:34 pm

I see we have several new Pastafarians since the last time I posted on this thread. So....

RAmen and Welcome to all.
Reading is Knowledge
Knowledge is Power
Power Corrupts
Corruption is a Crime
Crime doesn't Pay

So...If you read, you will go broke.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :fsm:

TTFN

ajberrow
Conchigliette Convert

Postby ajberrow » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:26 am

Hello.

What a refreshing attitude to discussion you have. I tend to frequent motorcycle forums where the debate tends to be a bit robust. Nice to find somewhere relaxed and polite.

I have to say that I'm ashamed that I have never done what's going on here - making it possible for people to say that they want religion kept out of science education. I could have built this sort of site, but was too lazy to do anything about the scary behaviour of some religionists, so just kept ranting in my blog, which no-one else ever reads.

My bike should look really good with its Pirate Fish sticker, when it arrives. Got to try to find a Pirate themed crash-helmet now :D

Anthony
the evils of government are directly proportional to the tolerance of the people - frank kent

Poincare's Stepchild
Lord of Linguini

Postby Poincare's Stepchild » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:15 am

ajberrow...

Cool bike. Yours, or wishful thinking? I haven't had a bike for a long time. Used to have a Kawasaki 650 that I loved to ride.

A Ninja? You should get along well with Duke.
Reading is Knowledge
Knowledge is Power
Power Corrupts
Corruption is a Crime
Crime doesn't Pay

So...If you read, you will go broke.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :fsm:

TTFN

Hot Rod to Hell
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Hot Rod to Hell » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:34 pm

Hi all...

I'm Steve.

I just recently stumbled across your (our?) religion; and I must say, I am in awe!

None of the other, more "traditional" religions made any sense at all to me...

I had always considered myself an atheist, until I read of your belief system!

I'm a body piercer for a living, have been for almost 10 years now (Pirates like earrings, right? :fsm_yarr: ).

I swear like a sailor.

I have pirate tattoos.

I like spaghetti.

I like midgets.

I like strippers.

It's like I have been a true Pastafarian my entire life, but I never knew there was a "name" for it, or that there were more like me!

Thank you sincerely for enlightening me. :fsm:
Everybody wants prosthetic foreheads on their real heads.

Brian the Brain
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Brian the Brain » Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:39 am

I'm wondering if the proper way to make my introduction is just to say hi, or to say how I came about my decision to join the Church or something else? I guess I'll stick with a plain old hi. Can't go wrong with hi, can you? :mrgreen:

Cap
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Cap » Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:50 am

I'm not sure if this is the box i should be typing in or not. The second i log in everything turns all green!
I cant read anything thats not a link or in a box.

O'well. If This is the right boc then Hi. I had a crazy idea that i should post here first. But im just crazy so. Yeah.

Return to “Standards and Practices”