The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

This is the section that includes the forum rules, and standard operating procedures. You can't post to the rest of the forum until you've posted here. Don't bother trying.

Moderators: Other Stuff Mods, Serious Mods, All Things Mods, phpBB2 - Administrators

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Qwertyuiopasd » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:46 pm

welcome Leah. hope you enjoy the forums. theres quite a few canadian pastafarians, so check out that gathering thread. you also might like the scripture and lore section.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.

thirdking
Conchigliette Convert

Postby thirdking » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:36 am

Hey, I discovered the great FSM on Wikipedia, and after reading about it, I was an instant convert. I have been thinking for a while about ID, and you guys have the perfect way of showing how non-scientific it is. I am now a proud Pastafarian.

RAmen
--
I also have work as computer maintenance - I the one who paint it and remove dead birds from its pipes.
-Borat

100% Grated Parmesan
Conchigliette Convert

Postby 100% Grated Parmesan » Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:52 am

Greetings from Shanghai, PRC.

I'm now a small condiment to this great pirate meatball sauce.

Peace, Pasta and Marinara.
Tasty Cheese !

AlDente
Conchigliette Convert

Hello

Postby AlDente » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:31 am

I am an educator who calls upon the power of the FSM when beset by the minions of various flavors of fundamentalism as regards evolution and human behavior. And I have always been a PIRATE!

Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Alpaca » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:34 am

An educator! Wonderful! Check out the Cause forum, and who knows, indoctrinate all the kidz?

You should also speak to Al Dante, another one of our members. (Just because of the name, really.)

Welcome!

AlDente
Conchigliette Convert

Postby AlDente » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:42 am

I will do that. My son is studying to be an educator as well, he and many of his friends at W&M are converts to the cause. Though I am unsure as to my son's true belief as he seems to be surrounded only by pirate wenches....woe that I was not enlightened as an undergraduate many years ago

OMG He's Jewish!
Conchigliette Convert

Postby OMG He's Jewish! » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:11 pm

Alright, I'm OMG He's Jewish!. But you can call me 'The Jewish Kid'. I'm actually only half Pastafarian *gasp*, because I can't completely give up being Jewish (at least not until I cease to be a minor). I found out about this after a friend read me and some other kids, the School Board Letter. I have 1 week of pirating experience. So... Yeah... Here I am...

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Qwertyuiopasd » Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:00 pm

welcome. and don't worry, the FSM has no problems with you being jewish and not pastafarian. he honestly dosen't care, as long as you aren't some kind of a bigot.

hmmm... hillbilly bigots, only jewish... now THERES a marketable idea. :wink:
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.

Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Alpaca » Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:21 pm

OMG He's Jewish! wrote:Alright, I'm OMG He's Jewish!. But you can call me 'The Jewish Kid'. I'm actually only half Pastafarian *gasp*, because I can't completely give up being Jewish (at least not until I cease to be a minor). I found out about this after a friend read me and some other kids, the School Board Letter. I have 1 week of pirating experience. So... Yeah... Here I am...

You can be 100% Jewish - the FSM only requests that you have no Monster before Him, but He doesn't particularly care about gods or such.

saxon1
Conchigliette Convert

Postby saxon1 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:42 pm

:twisted: I'M INside! Helllooo
Very glad to be accepted into the fold. It took a while and perhaps a small gratuity. Not complaning , grateful.
Here's the letter to SR Henderson that may have tipped the scale .
I was turned over 2 months ago and will do my best to influence others. Saxon

How do I address you ,
Sir ?
Father?
Abbot?
Gastronome?
I am humbled , both because I don't know how to begin this letter and also because I evidently don't know how to join a group.
Twice(because I Want to believe) I have tried to register for
Discussion. I want to believe and learn.
Still no go. I cant get a confirmation letter or link.
So I'm feeling humbled and unworthy. Is it that I am meritless,insalutary,unsuitable or that I don't know how to fill out a form.
I have tried with the name Saxon , an oddly descriptive tag ,and this e-mail address. But I'm very willing to go with any other moniker you might prefer. I love the word Balsamic in pretty much any context.
Please send guidance wisdom counsel or perhaps a link .
I know lots of words, live on the side of a mountain, maybe even
The mountain ,like some little people and am willing to pander and bribe my way in.
My brother is reluctantly willing to take a picture of the FSM on his old Land Rover in Salisbury with some grumbled possibility of in front of Stonehenge.
?? Yes ?
I Want to be touched by his noodly presence
(not my brothers , eeww)
Thank You for being here and there
SSB

:mrgreen: :shellfish:

saxon1
Conchigliette Convert

Postby saxon1 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:48 pm

Sigh :worship:

mboy
Conchigliette Convert

Postby mboy » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:20 am

Hi

I'm monkey boy or mboy for short...

...I'm a vegetarian pastafarian (that has a nice ring to it)...so I am still wrestling with the meatball issue...

That aside I am very excited to be here and and hope I make a worthy pirate...guess I have really been a closet pirate all my life..... :fsm_yarr:

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Qwertyuiopasd » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:02 am

awesome, welcome to the Forums m'boy. :D

we've got a lot of vegepastafarians here, I think they might have their own thread... not sure. there are always Tofu Meatballs.

LawlStorm
Conchigliette Convert

Postby LawlStorm » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:41 pm

hello, i've been into fsm for a while, but i decided to join the boards today to promote my bands new song that is about fsmism. it's posted in the songs and hymns section if you're interested.

http://www.venganza.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6227

noodlyprophet
Conchigliette Convert

Postby noodlyprophet » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:27 pm

Hi, I've been a Pastafarian for a long time but have only just now joined the forum.. yay! :fsm_rock: for anyone that has a facebook i'm the creator of one of the largest facebook Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster groups.
So, if you have a facebook and haven't joined- join! it's awesome..... http://hs.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2204717621

Return to “Standards and Practices”