The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

This is the section that includes the forum rules, and standard operating procedures. You can't post to the rest of the forum until you've posted here. Don't bother trying.

Moderators: Other Stuff Mods, Serious Mods, All Things Mods, phpBB2 - Administrators

Swatopluk
Chef Shaman of Hauro Pasta

Postby Swatopluk » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:43 am

Dear Wu, if you can spare the time, you are invited to add to our Pastafarian dictionary located in the languages folder!
Onward noodly pirates!
Bactrian Moose

Capellini
Capolean Bone-apart

Postby Capellini » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:47 pm

Secret wrote:Ah, yes, I saw a few mentions of Bobby being secretive already.

There's been a flood of new members...

I can't believe I actually forgot! For the horde - er, aaaaargh! :fsm_yarr:

Bobby sees much, but says little.
True terror lies in the futility of human existence.

Malcolm Reynolds is my co-pilot.

"The only freedom deserving the name, is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. Each is the proper guardian of his own health, whether bodily, or mental and spiritual. Mankind are greater gainers by suffering each other to live as seems good to themselves, than by compelling each to live as seems good to the rest." - John Stuart Mill

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Qwertyuiopasd » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:13 pm

sees much... on his site? sure.

here? eeeeh.... not so much.

yay for someone from asia! I think you're our first. or first to admit it.

yay for egg-based noodles. those things are wicked awesome.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.

theghostofdarthvader
Conchigliette Convert

New Pastafarian

Postby theghostofdarthvader » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:46 pm

Im theghostofdarthvader. Im new to FSM-ism, but am an avid believer. I've shared pasta with several people and through calm, intelligent conversation, I have converted three people and am very excited about spreading the gospel.

Thanks!
:fsm:

Capellini
Capolean Bone-apart

Postby Capellini » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:20 pm

Welcome Ghost, but I feel I have to slip into super Star Wars geek mode here:

Darth Vader does not have a ghost. Upon his death, he was redeemed, and restored to his pre-Vader Anakin Skywalker-self. There is therefore a ghost of Anakin Skywalker, but not a ghost of Darth Vader.

Regardless, we can always use another Star Wars geek!

Have fun while you're here, and if you have problems or questions, speak up!

"The only freedom deserving the name, is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. Each is the proper guardian of his own health, whether bodily, or mental and spiritual. Mankind are greater gainers by suffering each other to live as seems good to themselves, than by compelling each to live as seems good to the rest." - John Stuart Mill

Great Gazoo
Ziti Zealot

Greetings from the Great WhiteNorth

Postby Great Gazoo » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:54 pm

Just doing my civic duty as a good pasta lover and putting my first post HERE. Myself and a couple of other weird people at my workplace have been following this site religiously(?) for a while, no pun intended. I have even ordered the Bible. Can not WAIT for it to come in. We are all waiting for the day when one of us has to go on a witness stand in a Ontario Courthouse and use OUR bible (which we are supposedly allowed). Will post the pictures on that truly great day of days.
If Life was without a little Monty Pythonish behavior it just wouldn't be worth doing

Cylitch
Conchigliette Convert

Doing what I can

Postby Cylitch » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:52 am

Are ye matties

Doing what i can in Columbia, MO to help people be touched by his noodlely appendage

Escargot
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Escargot » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:02 am

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:yay for someone from asia! I think you're our first. or first to admit it.

:x

*looks pointedly at location*
My candle burns at both ends
It will not last the night
But ah my foes and oh my friends
It gives a lovely light

Capellini
Capolean Bone-apart

Re: Doing what I can

Postby Capellini » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:34 am

Cylitch wrote:Are ye matties

Doing what i can in Columbia, MO to help people be touched by his noodlely appendage

Welcome to the ship! We may be experiencing some rough waters the next few days, but hang in there. Seasickness meds are available if needed.

bowen1968
Conchigliette Convert

The FNG of FSM

Postby bowen1968 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:55 pm

I'm posting here so Auntie Dee Dee doesn't chastise me again. By the way, anyone who watches Meerkat Manor on Animal Planet may recognize my avatar as 'Flower', leader of the Whiskers family.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -Aldous Huxley-

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Qwertyuiopasd » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:07 pm

Escargot wrote:
Qwertyuiopasd wrote:yay for someone from asia! I think you're our first. or first to admit it.

:x

*looks pointedly at location*

oh... sorry.

thats my unobservant, lazy teenagerness and arrogant americanism coming together to not have read that, and not associate India as being Asian.

I apologize.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.

FBC_lovesyou
Conchigliette Convert

Floating Breadstick Creature

Postby FBC_lovesyou » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:33 pm

Bobby, you have done a great job spreading the word of FSM, but you have only told half the story. Just in case you are unaware of Floating Breadstick Creature, I will procede to tell you of his wonders.
Over two thousand and six years ago in a time commonly refered to as "Before Creature" or B.C., FSM took one of his very own noodles and fried it in the furnaces of the sun. This fried noodle was then converted into the very first breadstick ever. FSM gave his followers this amazing wonder so as to guide them in the ways of Pastafarienism. The people were amazed at the breadsticks ability to rest on the ocean without sinking and thus called him the Floating Breadstick Creature or FBC. FBC then lived amung pirates for many years teaching them the appropriate way to articulate their arrrrrrs and also how to live under the great FSM.
After many great years FBC was discovered by the evil carb haters known as intolerentass (pronounced as in_toller_ent_tays). They killed all of the pirates and held FBC captive. FBC pleaded to his creature FSM to help him but FSM was so excited over his new invention of parmesan cheese that he did not hear FBC's cries for help. The intolerentass then decided to boil FBC to death in a great pot of garlic sause. Sadly, FSM was too late to save his one mortal noodle from death.
However, all is not lost, for all of FBC's teachings still exist today in the great Gospel of FSM version 2.0.
Thus is the story of Floating Breadstick Creature concluded
Floating Breadstick Creature is the way

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Qwertyuiopasd » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:47 pm

please make sure you'v read the FAQ

Q: Hey! Wouldn't it be funny to say that the FSM has spoken to me/come to me in a dream/I am the FSM, and demand that you follow my ignorant, unsubstantiated schism or else be wrong?

A: No.

nothing wrong with writing scripture to this, just pre-emptively warning you that if you attempt to impose this belief upon others, you'll most likely be reprimanded. or generally ignored.

welcome anyway! :wink:

Escargot
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Escargot » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:35 am

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:oh... sorry.

thats my unobservant, lazy teenagerness and arrogant americanism coming together to not have read that, and not associate India as being Asian.

I apologize.

Heh.. please don't apologize.
I was in one of my insanely nitpicking moods. :)
My candle burns at both ends

It will not last the night

But ah my foes and oh my friends

It gives a lovely light

Mock26
Conchigliette Convert

New convert in Chicago!

Postby Mock26 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:23 am

Hey all!

New convert here!

Technically, this is my 2nd post. Oops!

Check out my first post here: http://www.venganza.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6512

Take care and have a great day....

ciao,
john.

Return to “Standards and Practices”