The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

This is the section that includes the forum rules, and standard operating procedures. You can't post to the rest of the forum until you've posted here. Don't bother trying.

Moderators: Other Stuff Mods, Serious Mods, All Things Mods, phpBB2 - Administrators

AhhDiddums
Conchigliette Convert

Postby AhhDiddums » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:13 pm

YARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR MATEYS.

Can I become a priest?

Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:20 pm

Arrgh, we don't have priests. Become a pirate instead!

Dove
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Dove » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:31 pm

Hey.

Jeff
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Jeff » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:26 pm

Hey also

DaveL
Site Admin

Postby DaveL » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:02 am

YArrrrr...

Blessings and greetings to youse all gang. Welcome aboard. Enjoy the Boards of his Holiness. Hungry? I sure hope so! :D
Loosely Canonising and keeping it free for all Pastafarians
http://www.loose-canon.info/

muffinmonkey
Conchigliette Convert

Postby muffinmonkey » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:11 am

I've been a Pastafarian for a while but am only signing up now because I only just noticed the forum exists

NON BELIEVERS MUST NOT BE PUNISHED
we should feel sorry for them
They don't get the Beer and Strippers

:worship: :fsm:
This post brought to you by His Noodly Appendage

Solutions Maximus
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Solutions Maximus » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:28 pm

I suppose my reason for converting, mostly, is that I can't think of a more perfect heaven.

dairyhamster
Conchigliette Convert

Newbie But Longtime Admirer

Postby dairyhamster » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:24 pm

Hi, I'm new here, but kind of drunk. So ignore my misspellings. I'm normally really anal about spelling corresctley even online stuff. I havete, I mean hate, tecxting and all that misspelling stuff. I'm just trying to connect with the FSm's original state when he cretaed the world and all of us. JHoping for a mystical experience or something like that. I liked beer. I mean I like beer. :fsm_float:

gnocchi
Conchigliette Convert

Postby gnocchi » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:01 am

Hey, what's to lose? I'm converted.

Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Zankou 2.0 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:05 am

gnocchi wrote:Hey, what's to lose? I'm converted.

Your soul

Click here
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

LordValuemart
Ziti Zealot

Postby LordValuemart » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:25 am

I lost my soul ages ago

seneca71
Conchigliette Convert

Touched by a noodle

Postby seneca71 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:15 pm

I stumbed onto your site as the hand of the noodle was guiding me. I felt a presence and realized I had a marinara stain on my shirt that wasn't there earlier in the day. Then it happened I was touched - no not by my uncle or priest but by the holy man of parmesan and oregano. I feel one with the world as I skip down the path of bowtie pasta :worship: , knee deep in marinara sauce. Thank you thank you thank you!! Ye who seeks shall find the breadstick.

Seneca71

PS: This eye patch is itching.
Where do Pirates eat? ARRRRRRbeys.

Teddifish
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Teddifish » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:10 pm

:fsm_yarr:

Ahoy!

Better to be touched by a noodly appendage than by a congressman, eh?

Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:43 pm

seneca71 wrote:I stumbed onto your site as the hand of the noodle was guiding me. I felt a presence and realized I had a marinara stain on my shirt that wasn't there earlier in the day. Then it happened I was touched - no not by my uncle or priest but by the holy man of parmesan and oregano. I feel one with the world as I skip down the path of bowtie pasta :worship: , knee deep in marinara sauce. Thank you thank you thank you!! Ye who seeks shall find the breadstick.

Seneca71

PS: This eye patch is itching.

Ahoy! Welcome aboard! A couple things I'd like to point out:

The Flying Spaghetti Monster does not have hands, he has Noodly Appendages.

I don't know of anyone called the "holy man of parmesan and oregano", but we have a Flying Spaghetti Monster who is not a man but a deity, and a non-anthropomorphic one at that. We do have a couple prophets (Bobby Henderson, who discovered some scientific proofs to support Pastafarianism, wrote The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster with the FSM's guidance, and brought the pirates out of hiding, and before him there was Captain Mosey, who did something that was described in the aforementioned Gospel that I don't want to ruin for you if you haven't read it) who are men, though, so perhaps you mean one of them.

If the eyepatch is uncomfortable, you don't have to wear it. Not all pirates are missing hands/legs/eyes, and there are other ways to dress like a pirate without hooks/peg legs/eyepatches.

For men, boots (preferably with buckles instead of laces) and knee breeches are encouraged. A tailcoat and tricorne are good formal pirate attire, while a bandanna and a shirt with ripped sleeves, perhaps with horizontal stripes, and, optionally, a vest, is appropriate for more casual occasions.

Women can dress similarly to men, or they can dress in the manner of wenches, which, although not strictly "pirates", are similarly free-spirited (they socially fit in well with pirates, except they tend to stay on dry land) and closely associated with pirate culture (pirates tend to consort with wenches while on land) enough to gain equal favor with His Noodliness. A wench style of dress can be achieved with (preferably laced) boots, and a corset, either over a dress with a lacy, wide-brimmed hat for formal occasions, or over a sleeved-but-shoulderless blouse (not sure what those are called), typically white, with a skirt and either no headdress or a bandanna for casual occasions.

Once again, welcome aboard!

ken worley
King of the Pervs

Postby ken worley » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:48 pm

...Or, you could just be normal, though that is somewhat less encouraged here.

Return to “Standards and Practices”