The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

This is the section that includes the forum rules, and standard operating procedures. You can't post to the rest of the forum until you've posted here. Don't bother trying.

Moderators: Other Stuff Mods, Serious Mods, All Things Mods, phpBB2 - Administrators

Kona
Conchigliette Convert
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:46 am

Postby Kona » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:18 am

Ok.....my first post....

User avatar
KamMoore
Ziti Zealot
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:33 pm
Location: Nowhere

HI

Postby KamMoore » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:44 am

Hello. I really like FSM. Well bye! :fsm:

User avatar
Mad Willyum Bonney
Admiral of Incomprehensibility
Posts: 3771
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:34 am
Location: Bedlam

Postby Mad Willyum Bonney » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:00 am

YARR Ye Scurvy Whelps ! Welcome to the forum , try to stay out of trouble and pillage with your seat belts on .
Remembering St. John
Remembering Auntie DeeDee
Remembering Black Bart
Remembering Pieces o' Nine
Remembering Rainswept

User avatar
Pontius Pirate
Cavatappi Cabin Boy
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:

Postby Pontius Pirate » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:05 am

Welcome to all newcomers. May you bask in the deliciousness of the pasta, the sauce, and the holy spirits.

Mmm, spirits. I need a drink.
When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.

wythe
Conchigliette Convert
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:01 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Contact:

New First Post

Postby wythe » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:14 pm

javascript:emoticon(':fsm:')
FSM

I work in the New York City Department of Education, and kids are not being taught I.D. here. They are, however, being blocked from accessing alternative journals online. I don't mean crazy stuff - just smaller news organizations, bloggers, etc. The DOE admits this. The tech with whom the computer teacher and I spoke was nonplussed. Why would anyone want to let kids read whatever information they want? Flabbergasting.

Anyway, just saying, big ups to C.o.t.F.S.M. Sorry I'm distracted by other real life concerns.

~BIG UPS, NOODLES~

Tronlet
Ziti Zealot
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:44 am

Postby Tronlet » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:34 pm

:( Say what?

That's just... I mean... what the FSM are they on?
:worship: :fsm:
May We All Be Touched By His Noodly Appendage.
:pirate_fish: :pirate_fish: :pirate_fish: :pirate_fish:

User avatar
Detective TurtleHolmes
Clouseau's Protege
Posts: 7990
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:34 am
Location: Francemouth

Re: New First Post

Postby Detective TurtleHolmes » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:24 am

wythe wrote: I work in the New York City Department of Education, and kids are not being taught I.D. here. They are, however, being blocked from accessing alternative journals online. I don't mean crazy stuff - just smaller news organizations, bloggers, etc. The DOE admits this. The tech with whom the computer teacher and I spoke was nonplussed. Why would anyone want to let kids read whatever information they want? Flabbergasting.


Toot toot! Your train has just come in for Nazi Germany, with transfers at 1984, Sen Sorship, and the Sea of Lies!

Anyway, welcome to the FSM forums. You'll fit in fine, believe me. All you need is a well-endowed sense of injustice and an equally well-endowed sense of humour.
A flap of the wings yesterday means big changes tomorrow.
Let's work together to keep the present inevitable.

So yeah, I went and got a blog.

User avatar
Capellini
Capolean Bone-apart
Posts: 4099
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:31 pm
Location: The State of Denial

Re: New First Post

Postby Capellini » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:09 am

wythe wrote:javascript:emoticon(':fsm:')
FSM

I work in the New York City Department of Education, and kids are not being taught I.D. here. They are, however, being blocked from accessing alternative journals online. I don't mean crazy stuff - just smaller news organizations, bloggers, etc. The DOE admits this. The tech with whom the computer teacher and I spoke was nonplussed. Why would anyone want to let kids read whatever information they want? Flabbergasting.

Anyway, just saying, big ups to C.o.t.F.S.M. Sorry I'm distracted by other real life concerns.

~BIG UPS, NOODLES~


Because it's a good way to get sued.
True terror lies in the futility of human existence.

Malcolm Reynolds is my co-pilot.

"The only freedom deserving the name, is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. Each is the proper guardian of his own health, whether bodily, or mental and spiritual. Mankind are greater gainers by suffering each other to live as seems good to themselves, than by compelling each to live as seems good to the rest." - John Stuart Mill

User avatar
Lord_Terrible
Conchigliette Convert
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:50 am

Postby Lord_Terrible » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:52 am

:fsm:

I have recently joined after lurking for a week or so. All hail be to our lord and master his noodleness.

Ramen brothers.

User avatar
ken worley
King of the Pervs
Posts: 3250
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:10 pm
Location: Fortress of Squalitude

Re: New First Post

Postby ken worley » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:57 am

Cap'n Turtlehead wrote:.... welcome to the FSM forums. You'll fit in fine, believe me. All you need is a well-endowed sense of injustice and an equally well-endowed sense of humour.



...And don't worry about finding acceptance in the "pirate" section....According to the wenches' gossip, you needn't be well-endowed in any way to fit in there.

:fsm_ninja:
Image

User avatar
black bart
Resident Weevil
Posts: 24540
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:56 am
Location: London

well endowed

Postby black bart » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:38 am

Cheeky blaggard!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.

User avatar
ThePastaliban
Conchigliette Convert
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:42 pm
Location: A cave, no, I will not disclose where it is!

Noodlifada

Postby ThePastaliban » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:50 pm

The crusade has begun!!

Join the holiest and most righteous believers in our crusade against the dirty infidels who defile the creation of His Noodliness with their mere presence.

We dwell in his shadow *grovel grovel worship worship*

With scimitar and hookha in hand!
/Nood Leiman
"A terrifying terrorist...!"

User avatar
Mad Willyum Bonney
Admiral of Incomprehensibility
Posts: 3771
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:34 am
Location: Bedlam

Postby Mad Willyum Bonney » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:18 pm

HEY! Don't Bogart that hookha ! ARRRRGH!
Remembering St. John
Remembering Auntie DeeDee
Remembering Black Bart
Remembering Pieces o' Nine
Remembering Rainswept

User avatar
black bart
Resident Weevil
Posts: 24540
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:56 am
Location: London

Re: Noodlifada

Postby black bart » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:21 am

ThePastaliban wrote:The crusade has begun!!

Join the holiest and most righteous believers in our crusade against the dirty infidels who defile the creation of His Noodliness with their mere presence.

We dwell in his shadow *grovel grovel worship worship*

With scimitar and hookha in hand!
/Nood Leiman


Arrrgh matey, welcome...hookha...we calls em wenches! :wink:
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.

lenmcmanotony
Conchigliette Convert
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Aberystwyth

Yaarrggghhh

Postby lenmcmanotony » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:14 pm

A hearty yyyyyyaaaaaarrrrgggghhhh to you all. Yo ho ho and a bottle o' pasta.
XxX
I wish I had something witty to put in my signature.


Return to “Standards and Practices”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests