The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

This is the section that includes the forum rules, and standard operating procedures. You can't post to the rest of the forum until you've posted here. Don't bother trying.

Moderators: Other Stuff Mods, Serious Mods, All Things Mods, phpBB2 - Administrators

The holy scribe
Conchigliette Convert

Re: The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

Postby The holy scribe » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:40 pm

I have seen the light and joined the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

KyraChronocide
Conchigliette Convert

Postby KyraChronocide » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:45 pm

There's no FSM Church in Virginia, so I'm just gonna have to buy the Good Book and read it to my squirrels. (Girls. xD)
Anyway, I don't know my real name, but people call me Kyra. I kill time.
It's actually my second post, but I didn't see this thread before. =)
Wonderful to meet you all!
RAmen.
EDIT!
I just got an e-mail from someone called "True" when reading one of the FSM Follower's speeches. =D
=3
RAmen. Again.

Ubi Dubium
Stripmeister

Postby Ubi Dubium » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:05 am

Hi Beonaam1!

That's an easy question. We celebrate a holiday called "Holiday". It stretches from vaguely Thanksgiving-ish to mid January or so. We celebrate it by eating pasta and being pirates. Anytime someone wishes you "Happy Holiday" they are inadvertantly saluting the FSM (pesto be upon him). The four seasons are: Spring, Hot, October, and Holiday. (Unless you're an Aussie, in which case I can't help you.)

Other high holidays are "Talk like a Pirate Day" on September 19, Ramendan (see elsewhere for details) and of course Friday, which is always holy.
Open your mind, but not so far your brain falls out

"Hurry up, before we all come to our senses!" - King Julien

BumbleBee
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby BumbleBee » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:05 am

Ubi Dubium wrote:Hi Beonaam1!

That's an easy question. We celebrate a holiday called "Holiday". It stretches from vaguely Thanksgiving-ish to mid January or so. We celebrate it by eating pasta and being pirates. Anytime someone wishes you "Happy Holiday" they are inadvertantly saluting the FSM (pesto be upon him). The four seasons are: Spring, Hot, October, and Holiday. (Unless you're an Aussie, in which case I can't help you.)

Other high holidays are "Talk like a Pirate Day" on September 19, Ramendan (see elsewhere for details) and of course Friday, which is always holy.

I love it!!

Unless Detective Turtle Holmes thinks differently and I'm more than happy to have his help on this one... We have a few seasons... Hot, Spring, Holidays and (depending on where you are) Winter, but if you're in the north of the country, substitute winter for more hot. Our holidays start Christmas and last through to the end of January, with our Australia Day long weekend.

I think it would be awesome to have all the holidays America has. My friend from Kentucky was telling me the other day about all the snow days and holidays and having all of summer off... we're so ripped off in Aussie, we get none of that. If it's cold, (which in Sydney it is because of the mountains being only 70km away, so in winter sometimes it only gets to 15 degrees) we have to toughen it out, and in summer which can be 40 degrees, you have to suck it up also, because you have a hat you can play outside!!!
I am a product of massive consumption- it's not my fault it's how I'm programmed to function

ken worley
King of the Pervs

Postby ken worley » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:43 pm

sabaku_no_rebecca
Conchigliette Convert

Postby sabaku_no_rebecca » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:54 pm

Hail, fellow Pastafarians.

This is my first post here on the forums, only not really because I posted a different one before this in response to someone who wanted to know if FSM was for real. I told them yes, He is.

I had heard about this religion earlier, actually, during my drama class when someone, I believe Alec, showed us it all on his iPhone. I was intrigued by the idea but thought it a joke and quickly forgot about it. However, recently, I stumbled upon the official Pastafarian site. Out of curiosity, I pursued each link and read nearly all the content. Soon, I was convinced.

I had become one of The Enlightened, touched by His Noodly Appendage. I am now an avid self-converted Pastafarian and look forward to learning as much as I can about my new faith as well as The Flying Spaghetti Monster, master of the universe.

As for any type of introduction... Hi, I'm Rebecca. There's not enough time in the day and I do both everything and nothing, as well as neither everything nor nothing, and/or sometimes everything and sometimes nothing. Nice to meet you all.

<3 XOXO

Sabaku no Rebecca

Edd
Stripmeister

Postby Edd » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:13 am

Welcome aboard, ye curious souls! The Flying Spaghetti Monster and respect for others is what separates us from the misled and unloved pirates of Somalia; what do we care for oil and weapons when we have beer and pasta? We sail these digital seas ever searching for knowledge and humorous entertainment. Join us and never look back! (Okay, look back if you want, the FSM is cool, he won’t turn you into a pillar of salt for something so trivial)
"Oook." - The Librarian

Visit the new and improved Agnoistrology.com!

Akrashan
Ziti Zealot

Postby Akrashan » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:05 am

A mighty YARR! to all my fellow Pastafarians!

I am a Canadian who's recently discovered His Holiness Flying Spaghetti Monster. I had this feeling, a few days ago, that dinner on that certain night was going to be special and very different... The starchy goodness overwhelmed me, and as I gazed into the Heavenly Sauce He appeared to me!

Hi. My name is Frank, and I have been touched by His Noodly Appendage! *tips hat*

LieutenantZ
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby LieutenantZ » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:38 pm

Hello, just interested in the conversation here. Hope to learn of some of the intentions that lay upon the hearts of those involved in this elaborate but interesting ruse.

ken worley
King of the Pervs

Postby ken worley » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:36 pm

My intention is to have no intentions...But to always learn to make more marinara than antipasto.

Does this help?

Detective TurtleHolmes
Clouseau's Protege

Postby Detective TurtleHolmes » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:15 am

ken worley wrote:My intention is to have no intentions...But to always learn to make more marinara than antipasto.

Does this help?

If it's Unseen University antipasto, I can understand your non-intentions.
Antipasta
This dish is created some hours after the meal, whereupon it exists backwards in time. When done properly, it delivers an intense flavour explosion when it arrives, splattering all over the walls.
A flap of the wings yesterday means big changes tomorrow.
Let's work together to keep the present inevitable.

So yeah, I went and got a blog.

Dan (dat haole dude)
Stripmeister

Postby Dan (dat haole dude) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:44 am

Welcome bruddah Jack_NaHiggins..who would want you?? well, if you're a Christian, apparently Jesus does..& only da FSM can "convert"* ya..we, his humble (mostly) minions just wanna have fun (check out All Things FSM
and occasionally get all intellectual and whatnot (check out the Serious threads)..so, please, hop into the eternal pasta-pot and enjoy yourself..

*& he seems somewhat circumspect regarding this action, so who knows, really?
'Oli no au i na pono FSM e
E hau'oli na 'opio o FSM nei
'Oli e! 'Oli e!
Mau ke aloha, no FSM

Detective TurtleHolmes
Clouseau's Protege

Postby Detective TurtleHolmes » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:59 am

BumbleBee wrote:
Ubi Dubium wrote:Hi Beonaam1!

I love it!!

Unless Detective Turtle Holmes thinks differently and I'm more than happy to have his help on this one... We have a few seasons... Hot, Spring, Holidays and (depending on where you are) Winter, but if you're in the north of the country, substitute winter for more hot. Our holidays start Christmas and last through to the end of January, with our Australia Day long weekend.

I think it would be awesome to have all the holidays America has. My friend from Kentucky was telling me the other day about all the snow days and holidays and having all of summer off... we're so ripped off in Aussie, we get none of that. If it's cold, (which in Sydney it is because of the mountains being only 70km away, so in winter sometimes it only gets to 15 degrees) we have to toughen it out, and in summer which can be 40 degrees, you have to suck it up also, because you have a hat you can play outside!!!

That's the tall and short of it.

But here's an extra addition: In the North, substitute Summer and Spring for Hot, Autumn to Windy and Slightly Cool, and Winter to A Bit Cooler Than Autumn, But Less Windy and Occasionally Hot.
A flap of the wings yesterday means big changes tomorrow.
Let's work together to keep the present inevitable.

So yeah, I went and got a blog.

Edd
Stripmeister

Postby Edd » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:59 am

Hello, Jack! Welcome to our little community and remember, the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster is the only religion that encourages you to try it out for thirty days, risk free! If your not satisfied after thirty days, you get your soul back with no obligations or strings attached!
"Oook." - The Librarian

Visit the new and improved Agnoistrology.com!

AtheianLibertarist
Conchigliette Convert

Postby AtheianLibertarist » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:17 am

Oh herrro :)

Return to “Standards and Practices”