The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

This is the section that includes the forum rules, and standard operating procedures. You can't post to the rest of the forum until you've posted here. Don't bother trying.

Moderators: Other Stuff Mods, Serious Mods, All Things Mods, phpBB2 - Administrators

wesselwookie
Ziti Zealot

Re: The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

Postby wesselwookie » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:10 am

Hi
Just for something to post on my first occasion I thought a quote by Stephen Roberts might suffice:

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours

My you be touched by his noodly appendage

RAmen
"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours"

spaghead
Conchigliette Convert

Postby spaghead » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:12 pm

First post for me. Please let me know if I should post this somewhere else. I recently became aware of the FSM and after reading scripture, believe I was touched by his noodly appendage in the signs, visions, miracles . . . last year. Here is my testament:

In September of 2010, I traveled on a boat to the Isle of Wight (off the south coast of Britain) to attend a festival called Bestival. I entered and came upon a multitude of pirates dancing (although I had dressed as a pirate in a previous year, I had a different costume this time).

I went to a place called the 'Wishing Tree' where my friend had told me he was the DJ. There (at the base of a hill/very small mountain) I found a group calling themselves "The Siblinghood of the Adjoined Orbs" guarding a large structure they had built in the form of a tree.

They seemed to speak in tongues and perform ceremonies involving two spheres. One of them held a cabbage in each hand. (It is only now that I see they were vessels through which he spoke, that others might feel the power of his balls.) Though I grew impatient with waiting, I felt something draw me closer and in time was given entrance.

The inside of the tree was a small space with only a few people in it and alas my DJ friend was not playing. I stood still, silent, alone and thought I should leave.

Then low, there appeared a midget! Her eyes locked with mine, she approached and began to dance before me.

Then a tap on my shoulder, I turned to see my DJ friend standing next to me (I had missed his set). We stood for a time, while she danced, her eyes still fixed on me. Then we left that place to go have some tea.

It is only after discovering the church of the FSM, that I now believe this miraculous vision was a sign from the creator. For as it was written, he created ""a mountain, trees, and a midget. Remember, we are all His creatures." Perhaps he touched Bestival with his noodly appendage because so many there have honored him by dressing as pirates.

I hope that when Patafarians make pilgrimage to this holy site in 2011, that his sauce will again covereth them; that they may worship at the shrine that is the 'Wishing Tree'.

Also that the faithful will visit the Bestival forum thread 'Tree with a Midget in it' below, that it might be a mountain top from which to shout his word.

rAmen.

http://sundaybest.net/site/forums/viewf ... read=11142

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Siblin ... oined_Orbs

http://www.bestival.net/#/arenas/the-wishing-tree

Bug
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Bug » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:36 am

I welcome you to the church, spaghead, though as we have previously discovered with SisterSpagnostic, I would have hoped that You had used the holy google and entered "Spag" before chosing this as your name.

Welcome!
Error: Clever pun and random quote not found

SisterSpagnostic
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby SisterSpagnostic » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:48 am

Bug wrote:I welcome you to the church, spaghead, though as we have previously discovered with SisterSpagnostic, I would have hoped that You had used the holy google and entered "Spag" before chosing this as your name.

Welcome!

Well, at least you know they wont make the secondary mistake of using SS instead of Spag....LOL!
WARNING: My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

I FOUND JESUS!
He was in my trunk when I got back from Tijuana.

GO SPAG YOURSELF! :moon:

Bug
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Bug » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:14 am

SisterSpagnostic wrote:
Bug wrote:I welcome you to the church, spaghead, though as we have previously discovered with SisterSpagnostic, I would have hoped that You had used the holy google and entered "Spag" before chosing this as your name.

Welcome!

Well, at least you know they wont make the secondary mistake of using SS instead of Spag....LOL!

How about SiS? It works both for the first part of your name and as (SI)ster(S)pagnostic. And it sounds so familiar ;)
Error: Clever pun and random quote not found

spaghead
Conchigliette Convert

Postby spaghead » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:43 am

SisterSpagnostic wrote:

Welcome!

I clearly have much to learn. :) Perhaps should have gone with 'folkhead' since today I've been playing a tune from the 20s on piano, after changing the lyrics into an FSM hymn.

Thanks for the welcome. :)

SisterSpagnostic
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby SisterSpagnostic » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:42 am

Bug wrote:
SisterSpagnostic wrote:

Welcome!

How about SiS? It works both for the first part of your name and as (SI)ster(S)pagnostic. And it sounds so familiar ;)

Works for me, better then calling me asshole. :lol: :lurk:
WARNING: My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

I FOUND JESUS!
He was in my trunk when I got back from Tijuana.

GO SPAG YOURSELF! :moon:

wulff
Conchigliette Convert

Postby wulff » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:54 pm

Hi, I'm wulff. Long time Church poster, 1st time discussion board poster.

Sai
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Sai » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:24 am

Hello, I just converted after I found out about Pastafarianism last week.
Praise be upon the Prime Purveyor of Pasta Perfection, may He touch you with His Noodley Appendage and Slather you with Savory Sacred Sauce as you gaze into His Majestically Monstrous Meatballs.

Sai
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Sai » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:26 am

I have been touched by his Noodley Appendage!
Praise be upon the Prime Purveyor of Pasta Perfection, may He touch you with His Noodley Appendage and Slather you with Savory Sacred Sauce as you gaze into His Majestically Monstrous Meatballs.

DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby DavidH » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:12 am

Welkum, Sai! Glad you're feeling touched. Now off you go to get your gyint hat and cutlass, then report to the cap'n at 38 bells.

Milo the dog
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Milo the dog » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:41 pm

Arf!

*wagwagwagwagwag*

Arf!
Arf!

Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:22 am

Heeeerrrr Boy! Gud doggy
cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.

knoxer
Conchigliette Convert

Postby knoxer » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:06 pm

Ahoy mates, my name's Jason. Until a couple weeks ago I was a Christian, but not a very good one. Now I'm a role model of a Pastafarian! Well, honestly I don't partake in many strippers, and I'm really only a social drinker, but I am spreading the word of His Noodliness any chance I get.

Praise noodles, sauce, and meaty balls.
RAmen
So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Ravi Oli
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Ravi Oli » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:12 pm

Nef Yoo!! Didn't yer mum tell you not to play with strange doggies?

...on second thoughts ....carry on.
Send lawyers, guns and money...

Return to “Standards and Practices”