The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

This is the section that includes the forum rules, and standard operating procedures. You can't post to the rest of the forum until you've posted here. Don't bother trying.

Moderators: Other Stuff Mods, Serious Mods, All Things Mods, phpBB2 - Administrators

The_Onez
Conchigliette Convert

Re: The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

Postby The_Onez » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:31 am

Not a convert.

Firstly, I don't subscribe to any religion as they're all controlled and part of the system, including yours.

However, yours seems to be built around insulting other religions, under the freedom of speech and freedom of religion excuse. Interestingly, the only other religion which has this characteristic is satanism, theistic or otherwise. Take some time to absorb this fact.

I take it many of you are flat out atheists, and some are occultists, unbeknownst to you "true believers of your "religion"".
If you find religion something to be ridiculed, why create one yourselves? Why create one specifically to insult other religions, like most notably to my knowledge, Rastafarianism and Christianity?

This religion seems to be based around ridiculing, not only other religions, but events like the Million Man March. From the looks of it, most of you are whiteys and descend from colonists or countries which sent out colonists to rape and plunder.. what gives you the right, do you think, to ridicule Rastafarianism and the Million Man March?

Or why model yourselves after pirates, who... well ok, we've already established you're landstealing and rapist scum of the earth, so that fits.

From the looks of it, it seems you're a dying phenomenon, I wonder if there's someone who got rich off all this.

What else? Well... I do take pride in speaking the truth, if you can believe that, and I wish to impart to you this truth.. I am supernaturally gifted and am constantly aware that there is more, as they say, between heaven and earth... spiritually speaking. Keep in mind that I do not follow or subscribe to any religion or religious group.. but I can only imagine how you'll be looked at for the rest of eternity if you continue on this path.

Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.
Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Roy Hunter » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Welcome, The_Onez.

Oh boy, did you miss the memo? We don't hate religions. We are not atheists. That's why we have a God. This is a religion. You got it wrong, but we forgive you. How's that?
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical and cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." Bill Hicks.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." Abraham Lincoln
"Are you OK?" daftbeaker (<-- very good question, people should ask it more often.)

ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:13 pm

Pastafarianism was founded as a mirror for the Kansas School Board to look at themselves in, not as an insult to anyone, despite your "knowledge." You seem a bit touchy for a self-described non-subscriber to religion. Have you posted similar rants on Christian sites? How about Muslim sites? Sites affiliated with any religion other than this one? Are you practicing on us because we have the coolest and most laid back god of them all? Are you just tired of railing against politicians and so figured you'd give religions a shot? What's got your undies in a bunch?

Where's Dafty when you need him, anyway?
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

What happens when all the renewable energy runs out?
-- Victoria Ayling

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."

daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby daftbeaker » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:29 am

ET, the Extra Terrestrial wrote:Where's Dafty when you need him, anyway?

I've calmed and mellowed in my old age :idiot:

Good morning The_Onez, I'm sure we'll get along like a house on fire. Could you do me a favour and show me where this 'ridicule' of the million man march is because I don't remember it.

The_Onez wrote:This religion seems to be based around ridiculing, not only other religions, but events like the Million Man March. From the looks of it, most of you are whiteys and descend from colonists or countries which sent out colonists to rape and plunder.. what gives you the right, do you think, to ridicule Rastafarianism and the Million Man March?
Too old to give up but too young to rest - Pete Townshend

I would rather be a rising ape than a falling angel - Sir Terry Pratchett

Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:27 pm

um
um
um

rrrrr
:idiot:
et B unka urk :idiot: rrrrr :nefyoobash:
cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.

ChrisSalt
Conchigliette Convert

Collanders

Postby ChrisSalt » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:05 pm

Is it OK to wear a sieve instead of a collander? I can put the handle out the back, so it looks quite collander-like.

Cardinal Fang
Humble Hermit

Postby Cardinal Fang » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:08 pm

One of the central tenets of Pastafarianism is loose moral standards, so there are no hard and fast rules. If you want to wear a sieve, that's fine

(Oh and welcome)

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

TheStooge
Conchigliette Convert

Postby TheStooge » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:33 pm

First post.....

Privvy Counselor

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:10 pm

TheStooge wrote:First post.....

Where are the other two?
-- Philip K Dick

-- Victoria Ayling

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."

StayThirstyMyAguila
Definitely not Eric

Postby StayThirstyMyAguila » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:35 am

The_Onez wrote:Firstly, I don't subscribe to any religion as they're all controlled and part of the system, including yours.

Incorrect. We specifically don't have an organized church, because dogma is bad.
The_Onez wrote:However, yours seems to be built around insulting other religions, under the freedom of speech and freedom of religion excuse. Interestingly, the only other religion which has this characteristic is satanism, theistic or otherwise. Take some time to absorb this fact.
Obviously you didn't do your research. The satanists who AREN'T human-sacrificing, murderous sadistists actually believe Lucifer was right to oppose God, because God had some ideas that we now recognize as hateful and discriminatory (or most of us do, anyway).
The_Onez wrote:I take it many of you are flat out atheists, and some are occultists, unbeknownst to you "true believers of your "religion"".
Much to the contrary! The entire site is devoted to building positive connections and further enlightening ourselves. If that enlightenment means proving there IS no FSM, we leave ourselves open to that.
The_Onez wrote:If you find religion something to be ridiculed, why create one yourselves? Why create one specifically to insult other religions, like most notably to my knowledge, Rastafarianism and Christianity?
We find discrimination, dogma, and mob mentality something to be ridiculed. Many religions have had heavy hands in these areas. Some could even be called experts.
The_Onez wrote:This religion seems to be based around ridiculing, not only other religions, but events like the Million Man March. From the looks of it, most of you are whiteys and descend from colonists or countries which sent out colonists to rape and plunder.. what gives you the right, do you think, to ridicule Rastafarianism and the Million Man March?
See daft's post.
The_Onez wrote:Or why model yourselves after pirates, who... well ok, we've already established you're landstealing and rapist scum of the earth, so that fits
Contraire. I've personally never raped anyone, nor condoned the rape of anyone. Nor have I ever stolen anyone's land. You're saying it's our fault our ancestors did that? I mean, we have some oldies on this site, but not THAT old.
The_Onez wrote:From the looks of it, it seems you're a dying phenomenon, I wonder if there's someone who got rich off all this.
Our deity is, judging by church donations, in a far better financial situation than the conventional Christian god.
The_Onez wrote:What else? Well... I do take pride in speaking the truth, if you can believe that, and I wish to impart to you this truth.. I am supernaturally gifted and am constantly aware that there is more, as they say, between heaven and earth... spiritually speaking. Keep in mind that I do not follow or subscribe to any religion or religious group.. but I can only imagine how you'll be looked at for the rest of eternity if you continue on this path.
What path? Open-mindedness?
We dare to be different, and this is wrong?
The abolitionists were different.
The first ones to speak out against gender inequality was different.
LGBT+ is different.
So are satanists- you know, the folks who think maybe gays aren't as bad as the Bible says.

Privvy Counselor

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:24 am

StayThirstyMyAguila wrote:I mean, we have some oldies on this site, but not THAT old.

Thank you for the vote of confidence. 60 is the new 59, right?
-- Philip K Dick

-- Victoria Ayling

Macha
Conchigliette Convert

hello from an oldie ...

Postby Macha » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:49 pm

64 at the counter, only recently touched by His Noodley Appendage, although I didn't exactly live in sin until then as I've long been a beer brewer with a strong culinary inclination to all variants of pasta.

I'm technically French, although I live in southern Spain since I retired, after working most of my life in US then UK.

Back in my student years at University I had long friendship and overnight debates with followers of the IPU, and I was delighted to discover FSM some days ago while browsing 'at random' (in fact I should probably say that He attracted my browser to the right page, which in itself is a proof of His Noodley Power)

May the Noodley Master shine down on the world
RAmen

Privvy Counselor

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:53 pm

Hm. Not many of us on here have reached the point of using a six in the tens column. I think Tig and myself might be the only others besides you. Welcome.
-- Philip K Dick

-- Victoria Ayling

Macha
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Macha » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:24 pm

thanks

any religion needs some venerables, I think I might let my beard grow to my knees, should make for a nice pic with the colander above !

ET, the Extra Terrestrial wrote:I think Tig and myself might be the only others besides you

so you suggest we'll have to wait a bit before playing cards ? then let's get more beers and bring the strippers in !

cheers

Becky
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Becky » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:27 am

I was touched by his noodly appendage many moons ago. I registered as FSM on hospital records to confuse wandering clerics offering unwanted consolation now on fine fettle but carry an eye patch in hospital bag just in case . Have been pondering appropriate songs , hymns
readings for a Pastafarian funeral service, any suggestions . Is singing bread of heaven blasphemous or are other forms of complex carbohydrate respected buy his noodlyness?

Return to “Standards and Practices”