The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

This is the section that includes the forum rules, and standard operating procedures. You can't post to the rest of the forum until you've posted here. Don't bother trying.

Moderators: Other Stuff Mods, Serious Mods, All Things Mods, phpBB2 - Administrators

'Murican Bald Eagle
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Re: The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

Postby 'Murican Bald Eagle » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:08 pm

Macaroni Mage wrote:I have been a member of the Pastafarian religion for some time now, but only recently decided to join the forums, I am on a council of a small sect of Pastafarianism. We are called the Noodle Knights(We forgo the way of the pirate, for we are not worthy of the title). We are well versed in the ways of Pastafariansim, we are essentially like the UN Peacekeepers. We never start wars, and only go on the offensive to reclaim lands for the needy. We have Pasta Paladins, the strongest, and the brute force of us, the Macaroni Mages, the smartest of us, and the Sauce Scribes, the support groups who supply us and refugees. The Council that leads us is one from each of the three groups, if you wish to join, you can just send me a Private message, and I will send you the oath, we are based out of Lima, Ohio, and are looking for others to spread our might.

His enim noodly appendix

Meh, i meen wellkim

'Murican Bald Eagle
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby 'Murican Bald Eagle » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:19 pm

ItchyPirate wrote:Everyone belongs here, don't they? :drinking: :welcome:

espeshully iffen yor'n spam ye little flightless, lice infested magpie goose, aaaarrrrgggghhh!!!! Oh sorry cuzz, off topic agen, welcum

'Murican Bald Eagle
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby 'Murican Bald Eagle » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:23 pm

ABBY1996 wrote:I've been going to this site for a while. I thought today it was time I should join this forum.

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: et cetera, et cetera, et cetera :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

StayThirstyMyAguila
Definitely not Eric

Postby StayThirstyMyAguila » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:41 am

First, I don't see how that ISN'T spam.
Second, why is its profile picture in French? I feel like I already know why, I just wanna hear it.

StayThirstyMyAguila
Definitely not Eric

Postby StayThirstyMyAguila » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:09 pm

You know what I realized?
More than half of all new converts get accounts and log off almost immediately. It's obvious why, but there should be some system to help reduce this statistic.

ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:15 pm

StayThirstyMyAguila wrote:First, I don't see how that ISN'T spam.
Second, why is its profile picture in French? I feel like I already know why, I just wanna hear it.

This is Spam:

StayThirstyMyAguila wrote:You know what I realized?
More than half of all new converts get accounts and log off almost immediately. It's obvious why, but there should be some system to help reduce this statistic.

The statistics are about the same as for use of newly-acquired promotional credit accounts. Use it once, cash in your coupon, bury it in the desk drawer.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

What happens when all the renewable energy runs out?
-- Victoria Ayling

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."

StayThirstyMyAguila
Definitely not Eric

Postby StayThirstyMyAguila » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:21 pm

ET, the Extra Terrestrial wrote:Image

I don't need to see MBE's posts again, why are you showing me this?
ET, the Extra Terrestrial wrote:

The statistics are about the same as for use of newly-acquired promotional credit accounts. Use it once, cash in your coupon, bury it in the desk drawer.

I wouldn't know, I don't have a(ny) credit card(s).

Privvy Counselor

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:37 pm

StayThirstyMyAguila wrote: I don't have a(ny) credit card(s).

Get one. Use it, and pay it off promptly (but not so promptly that you don't pay a couple of dollars in interest). Use it a couple of times a year, even if you don't need to. Establishing credit is one of the most important things you can do for yourself as a young adult. I got my first card (Sears) around 1976 or 77. Because Mrs. T and I are not complete drunken layabouts, our credit rating is consistently as high as a credit rating can be, and in a pinch we can access as much money as we need in any realistically imaginable circumstance. This is in direct contrast to both of my brothers, who each earn whole number multiples of my annual income. Because they don't pay attention to their credit health, neither one can qualify for a mortgage. We qualified for a mortgage on a second home last year, though we ultimately chose not to buy it. We already have a mortgage on our primary residence, as well as an equity loan. One brother earns well in excess of $500K per year, but he cannot even get a car loan because he's such an idiot about credit management.

The only reason to avoid establishing credit is if you plan to go completely dark, and live in a hollow tree in the Alaskan wilderness.
-- Philip K Dick

-- Victoria Ayling

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."

StayThirstyMyAguila
Definitely not Eric

Postby StayThirstyMyAguila » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:03 pm

ET, the Extra Terrestrial wrote:
StayThirstyMyAguila wrote: I don't have a(ny) credit card(s).

Get one.
I'm a minor.
ET, the Extra Terrestrial wrote: Use it, and pay it off promptly (but not so promptly that you don't pay a couple of dollars in interest). Use it a couple of times a year, even if you don't need to. Establishing credit is one of the most important things you can do for yourself as a young adult.

Thanks for the advice.
ET, the Extra Terrestrial wrote:The only reason to avoid establishing credit is if you plan to go completely dark, and live in a hollow tree in the Alaskan wilderness.
You don't know me.
Random thought incoming:
Isn't 'credit' something you get on the streets of Compton?

'Murican Bald Eagle
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby 'Murican Bald Eagle » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:16 pm

And did you also realise dear Urk many of the "new converts" (ahem, cough, splutter) make their first post, ask a question, stick around for an entire 2 minutes and never log back in to find out the answer to their stupid questions? Bit of a give-away really. How else would one know the "new converts" are derived from the same source? To put it in a religious context, perhaps this thread should be renamed QUELLE URK. Thankyou, you're welcome, aarrrggghh!!!

StayThirstyMyAguila
Definitely not Eric

Postby StayThirstyMyAguila » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:32 am

'Murican Bald Eagle wrote:And did you also realise dear Urk many of the "new converts" (ahem, cough, splutter) make their first post, ask a question, stick around for an entire 2 minutes and never log back in to find out the answer to their stupid questions? Bit of a give-away really. How else would one know the "new converts" are derived from the same source? To put it in a religious context, perhaps this thread should be renamed QUELLE URK. Thankyou, you're welcome, aarrrggghh!!!

Whoever you are, I applaud you for staying in character. Now you really do sound like a Trump supporter! Or a Sith lord. Maybe both.

Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:18 pm

UrkTha Arse Wipe wrote:
'other urk wrote:And did you also realise dear Urk many of the "new converts" (ahem, cough, splutter) make their first post, ask a question, stick around for an entire 2 minutes and never log back in to find out the answer to their stupid questions? Bit of a give-away really. How else would one know the "new converts" are derived from the same source? To put it in a religious context, perhaps this thread should be renamed QUELLE URK. Thankyou, you're welcome, aarrrggghh!!!

Whoever you are, I applaud you for staying in character. Now you really do sound like a Trump supporter!
I am troll . Or a wee wee wad . Maybe both.

:welcome:
cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.

BruceDeBotany
Ziti Zealot

Postby BruceDeBotany » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:03 pm

:fsm_float:
Hi my name is BruceDeBotany I would like to discuss several things about flying spaghetti monster, I have been pastafarian for over 2 years and this is my first Forum post I am active on social media and follow several FSM pages and groups also I do have my certificate! Really kind of messy to start foruming at 40 but I am here!
Please redirect me as needed
I am looking for all Info on Pastafarian sainthood
I am also looking for oldest members here who may teach me more about the good fight!
Anyway I hope to hear from rest of you
Thank you all BruceDeBotany

Privvy Counselor

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:25 pm

Welcome aboard, BDB. Have at it, the forums await. Feel free to ignore Nef Yoo and Baldy. :welcome:
-- Philip K Dick

-- Victoria Ayling

Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:28 pm

sooooo meny URKs

:furious: :moon: :nefyoobash: :whip:
cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.

Return to “Standards and Practices”