The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

This is the section that includes the forum rules, and standard operating procedures. You can't post to the rest of the forum until you've posted here. Don't bother trying.

Moderators: Other Stuff Mods, Serious Mods, All Things Mods, phpBB2 - Administrators

Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.
Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Re: The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

Postby Roy Hunter » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:40 pm

Welcome, 7bogey7. There are many ways to arrive at Pastafarianism, yours is a very good one. Opinions are good - dive in, the water is lovely.
:welcome:
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"I linked the number of MPs to the number of votes. If you'd done a real Science degree you'd understand sticking to the point." ~ daftbeaker.

MourningStar
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby MourningStar » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:37 am

Welcome aboard 7bogey7!!!

Glad to have ye as another pinch of spice in His quest for a less bland Sauce!! :welcome:
The circumstances of the world are continually changing, and the opinions of men change also; and as government is for the living, and not for the dead, it is the living only that has any right in it. That which may be thought right and found convenient in one age, may be thought wrong and found inconvenient in another. In such cases, who is to decide, the living, or the dead? -Thomas Paine

mark66112
Conchigliette Convert

Postby mark66112 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:33 pm

Hello to all.
I have recently joined the Pastafarian's because I like the basic idea. Mostly the idea that I don't have to be a true believer in order to be a member. I don't believe in any other religion, and for some reason, they all seem to frown on that.
The 2 problems that I have with the religion is...
(1) Hell is not nearly bad enough. I have had worse days than dealing with flat beer and herpes hookers.
(2) What is a "stripper factory"? Strippers are human beings. You can mass produce grown women.
I have a suggestion that would fix them both. If you are bad you go to heaven and your brain is put into the body of a stripper. Then you have to serve cold beer to others and give lap dances for eternity (or a few years, depending on your offenses).
Anyway, I am not trying to start my own sect or anything. It is just a thought.

Edd
Stripmeister

Postby Edd » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:07 pm

Hi mark66112!

Welcome aboard. Like most religions, our teachings are up to individual interpretation and some of it is allegorical. Everyone knows the best part of any religion is cherry-picking the parts you agree with and chalking the rest up to metaphor, artistic license, or being superseded by this other part over here.
"Oook." - The Librarian

Visit the new and improved Agnoistrology.com!

MourningStar
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby MourningStar » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:01 pm

mark66112 wrote:Hello to all.
I have recently joined the Pastafarian's because I like the basic idea. Mostly the idea that I don't have to be a true believer in order to be a member. I don't believe in any other religion, and for some reason, they all seem to frown on that.
The 2 problems that I have with the religion is...
(1) Hell is not nearly bad enough. I have had worse days than dealing with flat beer and herpes hookers.
(2) What is a "stripper factory"? Strippers are human beings. You can mass produce grown women.
I have a suggestion that would fix them both. If you are bad you go to heaven and your brain is put into the body of a stripper. Then you have to serve cold beer to others and give lap dances for eternity (or a few years, depending on your offenses).
Anyway, I am not trying to start my own sect or anything. It is just a thought.

Yes, welcome!!! Mayhaps you have read this already out of the Loose Canon: An Announcement Regarding the Afterlife or perhaps you read the abridged version... either way... welcome aboard mate! Cheers be to you for His Noodlyness has touched you and shown you the way! Also, the best part about the Flying Spaghetti Monster is contradicting the Flying Spaghetti Monster! :zen:
The circumstances of the world are continually changing, and the opinions of men change also; and as government is for the living, and not for the dead, it is the living only that has any right in it. That which may be thought right and found convenient in one age, may be thought wrong and found inconvenient in another. In such cases, who is to decide, the living, or the dead? -Thomas Paine

PirateHelloKitty
Ziti Zealot

Postby PirateHelloKitty » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:19 pm

Hello all. I am here.

I found the main website of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster by googling "f**k religion".

I am going to read about some of the board the next couple of weeks.

I think the food drive idea is really great.

Has any pastafarian put in a vest loaded up with packages or ramen and pasta and went into a public place and yelled out "Carbo Diem"? Something like a love/food bomber without the explosives because blowing oneself up would be messy and also wasting food is bad. The food could then be unstrapped and given away to the hunger or taken to a food bank.

I am thinking about making pirate clothes but first I would like to get a colander. Is plastic ok? I once saw ones that folded up almost flat and though those would be great for the traveling pastafarian.

Roy Hunter

Postby Roy Hunter » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:00 pm

Welcome PirateHelloKitty, and thank you for the expletive in your first post.

No matter, enthusiasm counts for more than reading the rules in my book.

However, if you have a moment would you mind perusing R&P? It would mean a f**king lot to me.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"I linked the number of MPs to the number of votes. If you'd done a real Science degree you'd understand sticking to the point." ~ daftbeaker.

Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Shaman of Ramen

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:10 pm

'Ullo HellKatPyrit , Well Come A Bored !

Isst my burpday soon , wot yoo gunna git me ?

:welcome: NYBB
cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.

Danbar99
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Danbar99 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:42 pm

:evilgrin: Hey there, been a moste passive Pastafarian in the past, but just recently received my ordination and wanted to be able to post on the forums. 27 year old supervisor at starbucks finishing my undergrad and spreading the Pastafarian love.

PirateHelloKitty
Ziti Zealot

Postby PirateHelloKitty » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:38 am

Roy Hunter wrote:Welcome PirateHelloKitty, and thank you for the expletive in your first post.

No matter, enthusiasm counts for more than reading the rules in my book.

However, if you have a moment would you mind perusing R&P? It would mean a f**king lot to me.

Did I break any other rules besides number 1? I did keep my cursing to a minimum. That was exactly how I was touched my the noodly goodness through googling.

I am sure about the food/love bomber thing. I think I would probably scare people or get arrested even if my intentions were good. It is not right to scare people into believing. If they would fall in the floor laughing and then believed that would be right.

Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:24 pm

You would not be arrested and you would not make people laugh. You would be shot to death. I suggest you don't try it. That said, welcome!
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
-------------------------------
The Almighty Website of Stuff, home of my poetry and other artwork and other stuff!

PirateHelloKitty
Ziti Zealot

Postby PirateHelloKitty » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:00 pm

Thanks
Better to wear the colander or pirate gear than a food/love bomber vest then. I would not like to get shot.

I would like to do more about food drives. I am thinking that most food banks in my area are run by churches or other religious organizations. Is this true of most places in Canada and US? What are people experiences of using food banks if they are atheists or "non-beleivers"? Is religions forced on them when they accept food?

What really burns me is that government should be doing more so that families do not have to use food banks. Food banks really should not exist. Yet the government pats the religious orgs for stepping up with charity for their failure.

Maybe I should be less serious.

Should my shoulder parrot be real or fake. I am going for fake. Real parrots live too long.

Cardinal Fang
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby Cardinal Fang » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:35 pm

PirateHelloKitty wrote:I would like to do more about food drives. I am thinking that most food banks in my area are run by churches or other religious organizations. Is this true of most places in Canada and US? What are people experiences of using food banks if they are atheists or "non-beleivers"? Is religions forced on them when they accept food?

In the UK, the largest Food Bank organisation is the Trussell Trust. They are a Christian organisation, and they often run their food banks out of churches, but that is the extent of the "religious" thing - they don't ask about people's beliefs, and will help anyone referred to them irrespective of who they are (to get food from a Trussell Trust food bank, you have to have a voucher, which can issued by a range of organisations and front-line care professionals e.g. doctors, social workers). But then again, this is the UK, where religion is far less "in your face", and being a non-believer isn't really an issue.

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:04 pm

As I recall, Jesus was in the habit of just handing over his meager belongings to whoever needed them more than he did, and he almost never asked for anything in return, including faith in God. They usually ended up believing anyway, but he didn't pressure them about it. Some Christians would do well to remember that.
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
-------------------------------
The Almighty Website of Stuff, home of my poetry and other artwork and other stuff!

Roy Hunter

Postby Roy Hunter » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:43 pm

PirateHelloKitty wrote:Did I break any other rules besides number 1? I did keep my cursing to a minimum. That was exactly how I was touched my the noodly goodness through googling.

I am sure about the food/love bomber thing. I think I would probably scare people or get arrested even if my intentions were good. It is not right to scare people into believing. If they would fall in the floor laughing and then believed that would be right.
Personally, I have no problem with swearing.

However, that in combination with the bombing reference, and the lack of capitalisation of Google / googling did make me wonder if you were a bot / troll / spammer. So I challenged you.

You did OK.

Welcome again.
Also, I'm not sure if there is such a thing as a proper verb: Googling, Hoovering, Velcroing, Facebooking; but if there is, it's got a capital letter.

Return to “Standards and Practices”