Outmoded website from the Gospel?

Caution! Spoilers abound! If you have not read the book, enter at your own peril.

Moderator: All Things Mods

ItchyPirate
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Outmoded website from the Gospel?

Postby ItchyPirate » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:48 am

Newar the end of the Gospel under About the Author, there is a reference to www.FlyingSpaghettiMonster.com, but it greets me with an AHA! and doesn't offer anything in terms of content. Even doing a "site:flyingspaghettimonster.com" search on Google turns up absolutely nothing. I've also noticed that the whois info for flyingspaghettimonster.com and venganza.org (despite the obvious privacy-masking) seem to suggest that the two sites are completely unrelated (or at least, owned by completely different people in completely different places).

Am I correct in assuming that the site is no longer related to FSMism? Or at least no longer relavent?
The Itchy Pirate :fsm_yarr:

He who laughs, lasts. :lol:

"You can't argue with all the fools in the world. It is better to let them have their way, then trick them when they're not looking."
--Brom, character in Eragon by Christopher Paolini

ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Re: Outmoded website from the Gospel?

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:52 am

Often imitated, never duplicated. This is the site Bobby Henderson (PBUH) started, lo these many years ago. There are a few FB pages that are not us, too, though some of the members here may have signed up. Our noodly lord is not a jealous god.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

What happens when all the renewable energy runs out?
-- Victoria Ayling

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."

Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.
Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Roy Hunter » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:58 am

At one stage the URL www.flyingspaghettimonster.com pointed to the same place as www.venganza.org.

I guess it doesn't any more.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical and cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." Bill Hicks.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." Abraham Lincoln
"Are you OK?" daftbeaker (<-- very good question, people should ask it more often.)

Beware the Ides of June!

ItchyPirate
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby ItchyPirate » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:17 pm

Roy Hunter wrote:At one stage the URL http://www.flyingspaghettimonster.com pointed to the same place as http://www.venganza.org.

I guess it doesn't any more.

I'm wandering if perhaps the domain expired and someone else grabbed it, especially considering the whois info is different.
The Itchy Pirate :fsm_yarr:

He who laughs, lasts. :lol:

"You can't argue with all the fools in the world. It is better to let them have their way, then trick them when they're not looking."
--Brom, character in Eragon by Christopher Paolini

Return to “Gospel of FSM Book Discussion”