Our Animals

Non-FSM topics and the ubiquitous Last Post Gyro Shop.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Re: Our Animals

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:50 am

ChowMein wrote:The cat has been walking over and on my head early in the morning while i am trying to sleep .He then lies on the side of my face or beside my head and purrs .This has been occurring for the past ten days .
I find it amusing but I think i should discourage it but am not sure how to go about it .

This is a common cat behavior. Your head is the warmest part of your body, and the cat has discovered this. Cats like warm things.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

What happens when all the renewable energy runs out?
-- Victoria Ayling

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."

ChowMein
Brewmeister

Postby ChowMein » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:44 am

I think it's his way of saying " I own you, man " .

Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.
Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Roy Hunter » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:28 am

I don't think it's even that deep. I think he is saying "You are furniture. I allow you to occupy space in my house. You are also allowed to feed me."
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical and cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." Bill Hicks.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." Abraham Lincoln
"Are you OK?" daftbeaker (<-- very good question, people should ask it more often.)

Beware the Ides of June!

ItchyPirate
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby ItchyPirate » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:16 pm

ChowMein wrote:The cat has been walking over and on my head early in the morning while i am trying to sleep .He then lies on the side of my face or beside my head and purrs .This has been occurring for the past ten days .
I find it amusing but I think i should discourage it but am not sure how to go about it .

Not really something to be discouraged, unless it really bothers you. Cats like to cuddle, especially once they know they "own" you.

If it really does bother you that much, gently push him off and give a firm "No". If he doesn't get the message after a week or two, try to imitate a cat's growl after you push him off (not a serious growl, a "that bothers me" growl, any long-time cat person knows there's a difference!), then give a firm "No". Eventually he'll get the message.
The Itchy Pirate :fsm_yarr:

He who laughs, lasts. :lol:

"You can't argue with all the fools in the world. It is better to let them have their way, then trick them when they're not looking."
--Brom, character in Eragon by Christopher Paolini

ChowMein
Brewmeister

Postby ChowMein » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:12 pm

It's endearing , mainly because he only does it to me and noone else , yet .
I am a bit concerned about my remaining , failing eye .
He has stepped on my blinded eye once and am worried about him stepping on my " good one " .

ChowMein
Brewmeister

Postby ChowMein » Sat May 14, 2016 6:06 pm

ET, the Extra Terrestrial wrote:

This is a common cat behavior. Your head is the warmest part of your body, and the cat has discovered this. Cats like warm things.

He seems to be sticking his hindquarters into me face every night , frequently some nights/ mornings .
Is he willing me to pull his paw or is it some sort of dis?

ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial » Sun May 15, 2016 12:06 pm

ChowMein wrote:
ET, the Extra Terrestrial wrote:

He seems to be sticking his hindquarters into me face every night , frequently some nights/ mornings .
Is he willing me to pull his paw or is it some sort of dis?

Most likely a matter of personal feline preference. One of ours sleeps wrapped around Mrs. T's head like a pair of headphones.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

What happens when all the renewable energy runs out?
-- Victoria Ayling

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."

ChowMein
Brewmeister

Postby ChowMein » Wed May 25, 2016 2:03 am

The cat has been trying to mate with my arm , he wraps his forepaws around my wrist and tugs and stuff . I don't like the stuff .
This behaviour began when Kevin first met him , the cat became very anxious and was mounting his arm with big eyed ,focused determination .
He reminded me of Cat from " Red Dwarf " as he sniffs the air after landing on Earth ,

"I want something , I don't know what it is. , but I want lots of it ."

ChowMein
Brewmeister

Postby ChowMein » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:02 pm

Kevin stopped by on Sunday and the cat immediately jumped on him trying to hump his arm .Six months have passed since his last visit and cat knew his favourite squeeze was back . The spectacle was hilarious to witness .
The cat has small lesion on his face that was noticed last week and i am very concerned , it looks similar to what afflicted ole Fritz in the early stage .
His "owner" has not put away a penny for Larry for a vet these past two years and it is going to be difficult to smuggle him in and out and back again since he not allowed here in the first place .
I hope that little pink lesion goes away because i am feeling stressed over it .

ChowMein
Brewmeister

Postby ChowMein » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:04 am

Cat's better , much rejoicing .

StayThirstyMyAguila
Definitely not Eric

Postby StayThirstyMyAguila » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:42 pm

I had two twin, midget kittens for less than a month.
After about a month of visiting them at ARF, the ARF people finally let us take them home (they refuse to allow pets to be bought around Christmas time, because many people buy pets, then give them back after realizing they can't take care of them). I had warned my mother a month beforehand that since she was allergic to many things, among them dust and dogs, that she should go check if she was allergic to cats.
She refused.
Fast-forward about three weeks, and she's telling us that she's giving the cats back because she can't take her allergies anymore, and not to be mad at her for it.
I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure I have every **** right to be mad at her, especially considering she didn't even TRY to look into medication or vitamins to fix it (some people just lack certain vitamins, which can lead to their immune system acting up, thus they have allergies). She's the parent so I don't get to show I'm mad in the slightest. I can't even say, "I told you you should have checked if you had cat allergies", or, "Why don't you TRY to find a way to fix it before just giving them back?" :facewall: :bummer: :furious:
The ARF people told us they lick your eyelashes when you're in REM at night. So yeah, they were both really cute. Both had stunted growth, and weren't even a year old yet. I'll upload pictures if I can.
EDIT: Because they're so small, they love to just sit on your shoulder while you walk around. Just don't lift your arm too high.

Return to “Miscellaneous Discussion”