Offering my services

Non-FSM topics and the ubiquitous Last Post Gyro Shop.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Nancy Delia
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Offering my services

Postby Nancy Delia » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:43 pm

How do I offer to help with the venganza.org/forum website?

I was looking through the list of "The team". It seems like 8 of them have not been doing their fair share of the workload.

One administrator hasn't logged in since 2006-09-23.
One administrator hasn't logged in since 2014-10-19.
One administrator hasn't logged in since 2014-06-19.
One administrator hasn't logged in since 2013-09-06.
One administrator hasn't logged in since 2014-07-03.
One administrator hasn't logged in since 2013-12-15.
One administrator hasn't logged in since 2014-03-06.
One administrator hasn't logged in since 2014-08-31.

Perhaps there isn't too much work to do. Perhaps there is too much work to do and "The team" has become overwhelmed. Maybe you don't need my help but if you ever do then let me know. I have a lot of time on my hands and I have a passion to see the Pastafarian religion succeed.
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth. ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Great souls suffer in silence. ~Friedrich Schiller

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Re: Offering my services

Postby Qwertyuiopasd » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:44 pm

Hey Nancy! Glad to see you have the Pastafarian passion! Much yummier than our neighboring religions passions, I hear tell. Anywho...

The most direct answer is that there really isn't that much work to do. The administrators here mostly deal with mundane spammers trying to get in here, and although we are prepared to deal with trolls or otherwise rough and rowdy types, things are usually fairly calm around here. Also, we have flimsy record keeping standards, which may come as no surprise, and some who are technically on "The team" were active and on the team, though perhaps now they are busier with real life, and may come back to help out from time to time or when needed, but it just doesn't seem necessary to remove them from the list and all that. I assure you I am a truly piratey captain of this ship, and I make sure that everyone does their fair share of the workload (except for myself [Juuuuust kidding]).

If we ever do need help, whether in the form of mods or admins, we will reach out to the community of posters.

And really, that aspect of things is, as I said, mundane and frankly menial. The best way to help out the forums is to be an active member, shooting the breeze in the fun and games section, discussing piratical lore in pirates, arguing pastafarian theology in the FSM section, that sort of thing. The main thing Pastafarianism is here for is to respond whenever intelligent design rears its ugly head in the public (that is state or governmental) sphere.

Ultimately, the forum is just an online gathering of Pastafarians (or those who are curious), so as long as that's happening, I'd say we're doing our job.

Your offer is generous, and we thank you for it. For now, keep rockin' the colander and may pesto be upon you! :fsm_float:
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.

Nancy Delia
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Nancy Delia » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:13 pm

i feel honored to receive a message from you. i have read your work in the loose cannon.

"To worship any deity, or indeed worship of any sort, even the vaguest, is to worship the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and when you worship the Flying Spaghetti Monster, you worship every other deity and religion, for there is no distinction." ~Qwertyuiopasd's Letter to the Evangelists 2:2

thank you for your contributions to the future of pastafarians. it will not go unnoticed. at least it will not be unnoticed by me.
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth. ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:10 am

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:Hey Nancy! Glad to see you have the Pastafarian passion! Much yummier than our neighboring religions passions, I hear tell. Anywho...

The most direct answer is that there really isn't that much work to do. The administrators here mostly deal with mundane spammers trying to get in here, and although we are prepared to deal with trolls or otherwise rough and rowdy types, things are usually fairly calm around here. Also, we have flimsy record keeping standards, which may come as no surprise, and some who are technically on "The team" were active and on the team, though perhaps now they are busier with real life, and may come back to help out from time to time or when needed, but it just doesn't seem necessary to remove them from the list and all that. I assure you I am a truly piratey captain of this ship, and I make sure that everyone does their fair share of the workload (except for myself [Juuuuust kidding]).

If we ever do need help, whether in the form of mods or admins, we will reach out to the community of posters.

And really, that aspect of things is, as I said, mundane and frankly menial. The best way to help out the forums is to be an active member, shooting the breeze in the fun and games section, discussing piratical lore in pirates, arguing pastafarian theology in the FSM section, that sort of thing. The main thing Pastafarianism is here for is to respond whenever intelligent design rears its ugly head in the public (that is state or governmental) sphere.

Ultimately, the forum is just an online gathering of Pastafarians (or those who are curious), so as long as that's happening, I'd say we're doing our job.

Your offer is generous, and we thank you for it. For now, keep rockin' the colander and may pesto be upon you! :fsm_float:

HO !

O gwayt an gory us granddust hadmural !
weeze soooooo honerd an stuftpht !

Heer be me offring of wadermilin blud
fisshed stoooo
an a big buttin !

rrrrrrrrr
cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.

Nancy Delia
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Nancy Delia » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:34 pm

Qwertyuiopasd wrote: The main thing Pastafarianism is here for is to respond whenever intelligent design rears its ugly head in the public (that is state or governmental) sphere.

is that from the book of solipsy?

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Qwertyuiopasd » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:35 am

Not to my knowledge, that's just my take on things. It may very well echo sentiments in the Loose Canon, though.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.

Nancy Delia
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Nancy Delia » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:39 pm

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:Not to my knowledge, that's just my take on things. It may very well echo sentiments in the Loose Canon, though.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1132&p=9857#p9857

Be active in your government, and stand against those things which are unfair and make no sense. ~The Book of Solipsy 1:72 (page 139)

Solipsy wrote:Be active in your government, and stand against those things which are unfair and make no sense. Be civil in your disagreements for they shall always be with thee, and rational in your debates, for ye shall always have them. Do you really need a Giant Glob of Noodles, Sauce, and Meat to tell you this? Do you really need to drink the transubstantiated blood of some historical personage to make you feel superior? The Flying Spaghetti Monster is a little freaked out by that, frankly. Get a grip, instruct I, Your Wise and Floating Saucy Monster.

Nancy Delia
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Nancy Delia » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:49 pm

traci mcpherson reads this verse at 0:55 - 1:03 of this youtube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XefVswfkLL0

traci mcpherson was challenging the chester county government in pennsylvania for allowing hannakah and christmas displays at the courthouse but denying access to a pastafarian holiday display. she used the book of solipsy 1:72 as the basis for her action.

i am assuming that those wearing colanders on their head for driver's license photos are adhering to the teachings of solipsy for their inspiration. this would also apply to pastafarians who respond to the teaching of intelligent design.

Return to “Miscellaneous Discussion”