The Point of Logging in??

Non-FSM topics and the ubiquitous Last Post Gyro Shop.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Nancy Delia
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

The Point of Logging in??

Postby Nancy Delia » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:11 pm

there are a few people here that log on very frequently but never post anything.

any ideas?

are they afraid to post? are they just coming in to check their private messages? are they just logging in to read the "serious section"? i don't know what to say. this place has so very little activity. does anybody know where i can find a better place to worship the flying spaghetti monster? i liked this place a whole lot at first but it seems that i am the only one. this would exclude nef yoo blackbeard but i don't have access to the same illicit drugs that he uses before he logs on.

i can't receive entertainment by reading new messages that say, "knopnap nkdlnncpo qwernkzp ndskaopfnt dsa uio njk."

why are people logging in and then hiding? is the point of this to post as little as possible?

i thought qwertyuiopasd made a lot of sense.
Qwertyuiopasd wrote:The best way to help out the forums is to be an active member, shooting the breeze in the fun and games section, discussing piratical lore in pirates, arguing pastafarian theology in the FSM section, that sort of thing.

this is not what i am observing.
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth. ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Great souls suffer in silence. ~Friedrich Schiller

daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Re: The Point of Logging in??

Postby daftbeaker » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:37 pm

This board is a lot quieter than it used to be. If you want to go somewhere else feel free, the facebook group is apparently fairly busy. The people that are here tend to be people that have been members for several years and tend to post when they think they have something worth contributing rather than posting gibberish to seem active.

By the way, Nef Yoo doesn't use drugs, he's only three (at least I think he is, he has so many burfdays it's hard to keep track).
Too old to give up but too young to rest - Pete Townshend

I would rather be a rising ape than a falling angel - Sir Terry Pratchett

I liked his explanation about what brought him to chemistry as much as the video itself - pieces o'nine

Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:16 pm

Ware b alla bist passafairyins effer !?
cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.

Griffin
WatsonOfSherlock

Postby Griffin » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:38 am

I can work out what Nef Yoo says. It takes sounding out the words, so takes a little time sometimes. I'm sure it is what a three year old hears when other people speak so he is doing his best, especially if he is using speech to text software (I think that's quite likely).

As has been said, this used to be a very busy forum, but people have just moved on. It happens.
Grand Deducer Watson of Sherlock. NoName, no pack drill. Astral zone changed five times a day (flexible). Great at manifesting parking spaces by thought control. Hatred of terminology of survivors and commitment to win-win reality.

DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby DavidH » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:54 am

Don't insult the lad - he's four. :nefyoobash:

Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:25 pm

rrr

Unka Dabid
rrr
ye nede nu gwassiz
Hi b 3
Taday me burfday agun !
:lurk: :zen:
cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.

fremont
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby fremont » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:38 am

Perhaps they were looking for new topic where they could contribute more. It just happen that they didn't find.

Monobaz
Farfalle First Mate

Postby Monobaz » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:56 am

The point of logging in is so we can all become voyeurs and spy on each other .... sort of the electronic version of peeping over the neighbor's fence when they are not at home.
"There was a time when religion ruled the world. It is known as the Dark Ages." Ruth Hurmence Green

zserg
Ziti Zealot

Postby zserg » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:25 am

I have noticed a winding down in other forums I have been a part of.

Facebook is likely part of the reason for this decrease in activity. People spend a lot of time there and don't have time left for online forums. And there are groups for pretty much anything.

Personally I prefer the forum format, which is why I joined these forums, but I haven't checked the fb group out yet.

Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.
Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Roy Hunter » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:59 am

Facebook is a business that sells advertising, with a guarantee that it will be seen by thousands of mug punters who will be interested because its algorithms read what they post and target advertisements at them accordingly.

Facebook exists to serve the needs of the advertisers who pay for it. If you are an ordinary person who posts pictures of cats on Facebook, you are not the customer: you are the product. You are what is being sold.

That being said, Facebook can be fun if you are ruthless in what you hide, who you un-friend, what you tell Facebook you do not want to see. But never forget you are the product, not the customer.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical and cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." Bill Hicks.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." Abraham Lincoln
"Are you OK?" daftbeaker (<-- very good question, people should ask it more often.)

Beware the Ides of June!

Cricket
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Cricket » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:28 pm

I've just been insanely busy... I promise to come in and annoy all and sundry more often if I can. ;)
Empusa's crew, so naked-new they may not face the fire,
But weep that they bin too small to sin to the height of their desire,
(Kipling)

StJason
Gnocchetti Galley Slave
Location: Sacramento, California, United States, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Postby StJason » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:33 pm

If you go the Facebook route, remember, there are two groups.

There is the public group, which is full of... well... people.

And then there is the closed group, which is the awesome group.
---
Darwin's Purge, verse 39.

You know the thing that I hate about these .sigblocks? Never have a good idea what to put in them.

ChowMein
Brewmeister

Postby ChowMein » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:43 am

Nancy Delia wrote:there are a few people here that log on very frequently but never post anything.

Yes , very obvious .

any ideas?

About what ? How to build a better mouse trap?

are they afraid to post? are they just coming in to check their private messages? are they just logging in to read the "serious section"?

Your guess is as valid as anyone else's .

i don't know what to say.

I disagree.

this place has so very little activity.

I must agree at the moment.
does anybody know where i can find a better place to worship the flying spaghetti monster?

Yes , as mentioned above by thee mateys , bookface may suit you then , i was a member for about a week until utter boredom set in . FB is a poor comparison to the wit , intelligence ,and artistic talent that venganza has attracted in almost ten years of existence .

liked this place a whole lot at first but it seems that i am the only one.

Orly? I recall seeing a list of at least 39 really really really good pastafarians . It seems reasonable to infer that they also liked this place at first and it appears they still do , since they are still here and are not complaining about a lack of presents at their birthday partys , i think .

this would exclude nef yoo blackbeard but i don't have access to the same illicit drugs that he uses before he logs on.

i can't receive entertainment by reading new messages that say, "knopnap nkdlnncpo qwernkzp ndskaopfnt dsa uio njk."

You can't ?! OMFSM !

why are people logging in and then hiding? is the point of this to post as little as possible?

If they were hiding , the board would tell you so .
Are you aware that an extremely insane number of "members" will never post because they do not exist ?
i thought qwertyuiopasd made a lot of sense.
Qwertyuiopasd wrote:The best way to help out the forums is to be an active member, shooting the breeze in the fun and games section, discussing piratical lore in pirates, arguing pastafarian theology in the FSM section, that sort of thing.

Yeah , he's a good egg . He started pooberty in this forum and now he is getting married , even daftbeaker is no longer a child in my eyes .
Then again i am quite old with impaired judgement so screw those two gits .

this is not what i am observing.

Try 1: Opening thine eyes?
2: Turn on some lights?
3:Pray to thee FSM with all thine heart Ramen

Return to “Miscellaneous Discussion”