Chat rooms for FSMism?

Non-FSM topics and the ubiquitous Last Post Gyro Shop.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

ItchyPirate
Fusilli Fuselier

Chat rooms for FSMism?

Postby ItchyPirate » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:01 pm

I wasn't sure whether to post this here or under "All Things FSM", so I decided to take what I thought was the safe route.

Whilst perusing of the old posts, I noticed references to an IRC channel on Effnet that was completely abandoned. I've created a channel with a (slightly) shorter name, as well as a chat room on the Jabber/XMPP network. If you guys aren't interested, I'll just delete them. I'm not trying to pull people away from the forum, just wanting to provide an alternate mode of communication for my fellow pirates.

IRC
Server: irc.efnet.org
Channel: #pastafarianism

Jabber/XMPP
Server: conference.dukgo.com
Room name: pastafarianism
Captain Itchy Pirate :fsm_yarr:

He who laughs, lasts. :lol:

"You can't argue with all the fools in the world. It is better to let them have their way, then trick them when they're not looking."
--Brom, character in Eragon by Christopher Paolini

ItchyPirate
Fusilli Fuselier

Re: Chat rooms for FSMism?

Postby ItchyPirate » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:00 pm

ItchyPirate wrote:IRC
Server: irc.efnet.org
Channel: #pastafarianism

Jabber/XMPP
Server: conference.dukgo.com
Room name: pastafarianism

DuckDuckGo shut down their jabber service, so I've moved the room to conference.securejabber.me . It's far from being busy ("busy" being a visitor a month), but it's busy enough for me to keep it going since there's at least some interest.

As for the IRC channel, it seems completely dead. I'll keep it going if anyone is actually interested, otherwise I'll consider it a lost cause.
Captain Itchy Pirate :fsm_yarr:

He who laughs, lasts. :lol:

"You can't argue with all the fools in the world. It is better to let them have their way, then trick them when they're not looking."
--Brom, character in Eragon by Christopher Paolini

Return to “Miscellaneous Discussion”