The Last Post Thread, 2.0

Non-FSM topics and the ubiquitous Last Post Gyro Shop.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Duke » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:38 am

I'm just going to sneak in and take ER's Last Post.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen

EarthRise
Hox God

Postby EarthRise » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:40 am

Phlbt. I'm snagging the Last Post, fool.
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin

BreaktheSP3LL
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby BreaktheSP3LL » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:40 am

Bout to play splinter cell... and take the last post
.:BreaktheSp3ll:.

Duke

Postby Duke » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:42 am

Trying to get away from my browser and IM to have a little me-time playing my new Battlefield mod, but I'm forced (willingly) to be a psychiatrist for 2 of my friends...

Last Post. Now.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen

EarthRise
Hox God

Postby EarthRise » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:49 am

Ooooh dear. I know what that is like. Playing shrink is no fun at all (especially when one has absolutely no education in psychiatry). Last I'mhearingvoices Post
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin

Warlord of Elephants
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Warlord of Elephants » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:50 am

EarthRise wrote:What are you up to at the moment in the field, WoE? Last Post.

I'm an old paramedic (twenty years on that FSM damned truck) Now I work in medical imaging; sedating patients, treating allergic reactions and care and support for critically ill patients who need Xrays CT MRI what have you. Not as exciting but it pays close to twice as much!?! I still haven't figured that out. Last Post Sin. WoE.
"I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit; it's the only way to be sure."

I devoured my 'good' twin in utero

"Doctor Evil! I didn't spend six years in evil medical school to be called "Mister," thank you very much."

EarthRise
Hox God

Postby EarthRise » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:55 am

They figure the only way they can keep you doing boring stuff is by compensating with higher pay.

Either that, or being a paramedic screwed you over somehow, and they won't tell you, but to keep you from being suspicous they pay you much money, while watching anxiously to see if one day during lunch you leap up on the lunch table and start convulsing and a little bloody alien baby pops out and runs around mutating and eating humans alive and putting other little bloody alien poppers in the half-eaten humans and and and

Yeah, you know. That kinda stuff. Last Post
-Darwin

Warlord of Elephants
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Warlord of Elephants » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:00 am

EarthRise wrote: while watching anxiously to see if one day during lunch you leap up on the lunch table and start convulsing and a little bloody alien baby pops out and runs around mutating and eating humans alive and putting other little bloody alien poppers in the half-eaten humans and and and

Cool maybe tomorrow will be fun after all. Last Post Sin. WoE.

"Doctor Evil! I didn't spend six years in evil medical school to be called "Mister," thank you very much."

Duke

Postby Duke » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:15 am

EarthRise wrote:Ooooh dear. I know what that is like. Playing shrink is no fun at all (especially when one has absolutely no education in psychiatry).

I don't completely agree, I think playing shrink can be rather rewarding. One person claims that I saved her life. Yeah. Fat chance. :wink:

But I consider the last few years education on psychiatry.

Last Post!

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen

EarthRise
Hox God

Postby EarthRise » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:24 am

No psych for me! I'm a microbiology major :)

Last Post for the night
-Darwin

Duke

Postby Duke » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:50 am

Eh, I'm journalism.

Soon.

Duke

P.S. Last Post.

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen

Rebellious Waffle
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby Rebellious Waffle » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:19 am

I'm in mathematics. Theoretical, applied, what-have-you -- if the numbers jump, I'm there.

Last Post
The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you, and in fact, cannot speak.
In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

Warlord of Elephants
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Warlord of Elephants » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:06 am

Good morning all! Last Post! Sin. WoE.

EarthRise
Hox God

Postby EarthRise » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:17 am

Mornin'! Where's that damn caffeine, you coffee wench? Last Post
-Darwin

MPTrooper

Postby MPTrooper » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:21 am

A whole day chock full of weapon gageing. Go me!

Last Post

Return to “Miscellaneous Discussion”