39 of the Best Pastafarians ever

This is where we confer honor on those who have earned the title of Prophet. Or, where we mock them. One or the other.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Re: 39 of the Best Pastafarians ever

Postby daftbeaker » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:32 pm

ChowMein wrote:Ahoy !
Ye forgot aboat me !
Am i notty or nice and where is Auntie Blackbeard ?

Auntie Blackbeard is so notty if we included her then everyone else would be perfect in comparison :haha:
Too old to give up but too young to rest - Pete Townshend

I would rather be a rising ape than a falling angel - Sir Terry Pratchett

ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:09 pm

For Bart and Pieces not to be considered among the best of all time is a shame. It's not their fault there's no internet access in the afterlife.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

What happens when all the renewable energy runs out?
-- Victoria Ayling

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."

Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:29 am

Yup!
Anty Nancy be nuu , she dint no bowt Antie DD an Eraser an PG an anty Tangie an St John an anty El an unca Spot an unca Kinny an unca Nik an unca dukes an unca Pywit Johnson an ............rrrrrrr
cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.

Monobaz
Farfalle First Mate

Postby Monobaz » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:11 am

ET, the Extra Terrestrial wrote:For Bart and Pieces not to be considered among the best of all time is a shame. It's not their fault there's no internet access in the afterlife.

Perhaps Bart and Pieces should be in a category of their own: "Pastafarian Perfection".
"There was a time when religion ruled the world. It is known as the Dark Ages." Ruth Hurmence Green

DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby DavidH » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:24 am

ET, the Extra Terrestrial wrote:For Bart and Pieces not to be considered among the best of all time is a shame. It's not their fault there's no internet access in the afterlife.

Hear, hear.

CaptainLongPig
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby CaptainLongPig » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:05 am

Woo! I got a honorable mention! I would just like to think myself, for if it wasn't for me I couldn't of done half the things I could of done. Something something... Yarg!

Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.
Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Roy Hunter » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:07 pm

There is a flaw in the methodology. In fact, several flaws.

This forum has moved from software package to software package, database to database, server to server. We have also, needless to say, been subjected to cyber-attack by religious asshats. Posts have been lost, databases corrupted, users deleted.

The raw data lacks internal validity: the dataset is not complete. Therefore any descriptive statistics or inferences made from it also lack validity and therefore reliability.

To compound the problem, the onboard database query is utterly, utterly borked, and irretrievably so. Admins and Mods use Google to find forum content, not the search function.

Also, I am not a really good Pastafarian. I am also an ordained Dudeist Priest and a novice monk of the Toadfish Monastery. The stats tell you next to nothing about the people, only how many of their posts survive in the current version of the forum.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical and cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." Bill Hicks.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." Abraham Lincoln
"Are you OK?" daftbeaker (<-- very good question, people should ask it more often.)

RevWrongway
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby RevWrongway » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:32 pm

Roy Hunter wrote: I am also an ordained Dudeist Priest and a novice monk of the Toadfish Monastery.

Very interesting. The one movie on "maybe I should watch" list I've never seen is The Big Lebowski. Hmmm, could this be a sign from the Noodly One?
ʇuǝɯƃpnɾ pɐq ɯoɹɟ sǝɯoɔ ʇɐɥʇ ɐʇʇol ɐ puɐ 'ǝɔuǝᴉɹǝdxǝ ɯoɹɟ sǝɯoɔ ʇuǝɯƃpnɾ pooפ

ǝuO ʎlpooN ǝɥʇ oʇ ʇsǝɹ ǝɥʇ ǝʌɐǝ˥ ˙ʎlpuᴉʞ ʞɐǝdS ˙ʎldǝǝp ǝɹɐƆ ˙ʎlsnoɹǝuǝƃ ǝʌo˥ ˙ʎldɯᴉs ǝʌᴉ˥

Roy Hunter

Postby Roy Hunter » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:05 pm

gronank wrote:Did something happen 2009? because that year saw a drop outside the trend decay for semi regular posters but not regular posters
Yes.
Something happened in 2009.
We don't talk about that any more.
I wasn't here, most of the protagonists of the time are no longer here, they agreed a settlement whereby they deleted a lot of arguments from the forum, and exported a whole board to become its own forum elsewhere. Like I said, incomplete data.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical and cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." Bill Hicks.
"Are you OK?" daftbeaker (<-- very good question, people should ask it more often.)

Roy Hunter

Postby Roy Hunter » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:10 pm

RevWrongway wrote:
Roy Hunter wrote: I am also an ordained Dudeist Priest and a novice monk of the Toadfish Monastery.

Very interesting. The one movie on "maybe I should watch" list I've never seen is The Big Lebowski. Hmmm, could this be a sign from the Noodly One?
The Big Lebowski is a 'Must Watch'. No question about it. I signed up to the Dudeism forum, but it was full of Walters, not Dudes. Still, the movie is genius, and it gives you an excuse to drink White Russians.

ChowMein
Brewmeister

Postby ChowMein » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:06 pm

Roy Hunter wrote:
gronank wrote:Did something happen 2009? because that year saw a drop outside the trend decay for semi regular posters but not regular posters
Yes.
Something happened in 2009.
We don't talk about that any more.
I wasn't here, most of the protagonists of the time are no longer here, they agreed a settlement whereby they deleted a lot of arguments from the forum, and exported a whole board to become its own forum elsewhere. Like I said, incomplete data.

Those events occured in 06/07 , 09 was the year Nef Yoo and his bilge rats infested the harbour.

Roy Hunter

Postby Roy Hunter » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:15 pm

'06-'07? Shit - I think my database must be corrupted. I wasn't here, anyway.

Nancy Delia
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Nancy Delia » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:46 pm

Nef Yoo BlackBeard wrote:Yup!
Anty Nancy be nuu , she dint no bowt Antie DD an Eraser an PG an anty Tangie an St John an anty El an unca Spot an unca Kinny an unca Nik an unca dukes an unca Pywit Johnson an ............rrrrrrr

i have read the revelations of auntie dee dee on page 125 of the loose cannon. it was about punctuation marks or something like that. what was her username on here?
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth. ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Great souls suffer in silence. ~Friedrich Schiller

Nancy Delia
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Nancy Delia » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:55 pm

All things pineapple are wonderful. My brother’s soul for example (I bet him in poker once too much, so now it’s officially mine…god, that must have been thirty years ago). The teeth wouldn’t bother me. I’ve never heard of a truly original sin, and I know most of the verses of the Hedgehog Song AND A Wizard’s Staff has a Knob on the End. Bassoons are pretty necessary. Hey, as long as you get to eat the Holy Meal, the form of the meat isn’t that big a deal. (New toys!! Hee!) And I want luggage made of sapient pearwood. No, I NEED luggage made of sapient pearwood. Ah, well, maybe down a different split in the Trousers of Time. I think my hard drive was wired in wrong, and my RAM is dysfunctional. Once installed it never goes away completely, and it’s too easily hacked, with a self-replicating virus that trashes the whole system. Profits do NOT drive innovation. Government grants and university research drives innovation.

~Revelations of Auntie DeeDee 1:20-38
The Loose Cannon Complete Second Edition pages 125-126
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth. ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Nancy Delia
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Nancy Delia » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:13 pm

what is the blue line?

Return to “Temple of the Prophets”